IGNORED

Greens aerated in the begining of the season???

Chris08527
Note: This thread is 3530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used to play with one guy that was a terrible putter. Seemed like after the greens were punched he putted twice as well.

I used to tell him it was because when the greens were smooth he had a 100% chance of his off line putt missing the hole. With the greens punched he had a 50% chance that one of the holes was going to knock his ball the right direction and he would make the putt.

Hahahahahaha...........................that gave me a good chuckle.  Thank you!

As for some of the other comments:

Every course aerates, and it's just a fact of life.  Some courses are nice and some courses are dumps.........and the same can be said for aerating greens and how well each course performs this task.  All greens are obviously effected adversely, but to what extent varies greatly from course to course.

With that said, when I used to play around a lot, I'd ALWAYS ask each course when the greens were aerated before playing during the spring/fall when the greens were getting punched.  All courses aerate at slightly different times and it's possible to completely avoid freshly aerated greens if you plan your golf wisely.   Of course, it helps if you live in a populated area with many golf courses.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• 3 months later...

Dang it is getting to be that time. Never a good feeling knowing fall is getting ready to limit golf. Like going to work the day after Xmas. We've got a few weeks before they do it here, probably late Sep. I may limit golf to supervised practice with the instructor and range time when handicap season ends. I'm not golfing as much as chasing a number now.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here (Socal) I think it's typically April and October (ish) for most courses.  But it's really easy to avoid because they're spread out over enough weeks that you can always find a course with decent greens.  One of the courses has 36 holes and they aerate each 18 about 3 or 4 weeks apart.  By the time the 2nd course is punched, the 1st course is perfectly playable.

So, I never deal with aerated greens ... unless its by accident. :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They're punching the greens at the course I play in league on Monday. Instead of postponing the round, the guy who runs the league says we're playing the same day as they punch. Not me. I'm not scheduled, but I'm the first backup for our team. I plan on being sick that day. Id rather forfeit than play on freshly punched greens.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Note: This thread is 3530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!