IGNORED

My Swing (CarlSpackler)

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 2649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oh. I forgot to post the good news. Since this is a course I've played for years, I can say that I have definitely picked up distance with my driver based on where my ball was ending up. I was using my GPS to measure shot length too and drives were in the 245-250 range, up from 225-230 which is usually where I was last year. The course was fairly soft from the rain we had Monday too.

:banana:

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oh. I forgot to post the good news. Since this is a course I've played for years, I can say that I have definitely picked up distance with my driver based on where my ball was ending up. I was using my GPS to measure shot length too and drives were in the 245-250 range, up from 225-230 which is usually where I was last year. The course was fairly soft from the rain we had Monday too.

See, I knew you did, because you were pretty close to me on some of those drives last time we played.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

See, I knew you did, because you were pretty close to me on some of those drives last time we played.

It makes sense. I was in a lot of my normal places or even a bit ahead of them, and we were playing the back tees. Still hoping to gain another 5-10, but I clearly need to spend quality time at the short game practice area and putting green.

- Shane

My round today...

Driver good until the last hole when I hit a pull/hook into the drink. Otherwise hitting nice push/draw and even managed a few nice fades on a few holes that turned right. Irons and wedges BAAAAAD! Distances were good, but missed left and right all day and chunked a few. WTF??? I hit a good 7i on a par 3 and sank the 12' birdie putt, but otherwise pretty stinky. Short game decent other than some holes on the back. More on that in a bit. Putter was good today. These greens were nice and fast. I just didn't find "The King" today with poor irons/wedges.

I shot 41 on the front 9, but started coming apart when the pace got excruciatingly slow around hole 13. Double... Triple... I just lose my focus when waiting on the tee and fairways so long. Saved a par with an 7 footer on 17, but then finished with a triple on 18 for a 47.

Side note - Aldeen Golf Club in Rockford, IL is VERY nice for a muni.

- Shane

Last nights 9...

Still driving the ball decent (or I was at first until my confidence went out the window), but irons are still all over the place. I need to get an updated video to see what is going on. Putting was horrible, but it has been on the excruciatingly slow greens at Kittyhawk. On the first hole, I putted the ball and thought that I smashed it way past the hole being a downhill putt. It ended up 8' short... I think I'm done playing that course since my scores there are the highest ones that I have to post. I ended up shooting 48. Not good.

- Shane

What is the course rating?  Does it seem to match the level of difficulty for you?

Or is there a different reason you score higher there?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Last nights 9...

Still driving the ball decent (or I was at first until my confidence went out the window), but irons are still all over the place. I need to get an updated video to see what is going on. Putting was horrible, but it has been on the excruciatingly slow greens at Kittyhawk. On the first hole, I putted the ball and thought that I smashed it way past the hole being a downhill putt. It ended up 8' short... I think I'm done playing that course since my scores there are the highest ones that I have to post. I ended up shooting 48. Not good.

Yea, I played last Friday at Kittyhawk - Eagle. The greens were very slow. I think it is because of the seeding they did in the spring, really made the greens tackier. Do you think Kittyhawk has some grainy greens? Their greens just always seemed weird to me. They always seemed more rough, even when cut short.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

What is the course rating?  Does it seem to match the level of difficulty for you?

Or is there a different reason you score higher there?

Oddly, this used to be my home course and I've played it MANY times. I would typically shoot in the low to mid 80s here. The rating from the white is 70.6, so it's not out of line. It's not good when your ball "has settled down in the rough". The course is definitely going downhill I'm sad to say. As @saevel25 mentioned, the greens are just bad. I don't know what they seeded it with, but it's awful. It's turning into a goat track.

- Shane

I just saw this news article about my club abruptly closing.

What the hell? Just like that, closed up shop??

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Yep. Another one bites the dust.

I was going to go record some vids tonight for Evolvr. Not sure what I'm going to do now. This really sucks.

- Shane

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Yep. Another one bites the dust.

I was going to go record some vids tonight for Evolvr. Not sure what I'm going to do now. This really sucks.

Wow! No warning?  Did you have a membership or had paid dues or something?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

That's the first course I've heard of closing. Has there been others in your area?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

That's the first course I've heard of closing. Has there been others in your area?

In the area, no. I know of another course that has a questionable future though.

Wow! No warning?  Did you have a membership or had paid dues or something?

Yep. I paid my membership dues back in March.

- Shane

In the area, no. I know of another course that has a questionable future though.

Yep. I paid my membership dues back in March.

I wonder what happens to the remainder of the dues you paid?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I wonder what happens to the remainder of the dues you paid?

Gooooood question. My cousin is convinced they will open back up. They are the home course for Fairborn HS, Wright State U, and Cedarville U.

- Shane

Gooooood question. My cousin is convinced they will open back up. They are the home course for Fairborn HS, Wright State U, and Cedarville U.

I would assume, if it's a good course, that another owner will be picking it up and maybe that it's in a transitional phase right now. Typically they'd just take over seamlessly I'd think but I don't know much about commercial real estate sales.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I would assume, if it's a good course, that another owner will be picking it up and maybe that it's in a transitional phase right now. Typically they'd just take over seamlessly I'd think but I don't know much about commercial real estate sales.

Apparently, the previous owners are still the owners. Who knows if they will reopen or leave it closed. According the the guy who claimed to be the owner but apparently never was (I'm thinking fraud here) they can't cover expenses with current income. We'll see. As @saevel25 pointed out on FB, there are still some MVGA events scheduled there.

- Shane

Note: This thread is 2649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!