IGNORED

My Swing (CarlSpackler)

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 2649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

48 tonight (47 ESC). Triple, double, and all bogeys. On the plus side, I marked a drive at 276. Even though the fairways are hard, I'll take it. Directional control with irons still horrid. putting and short game a bit better tonight. I think I'm getting used to the slower greens or they're actually speeding up. Driver distance is putting bunkers in play that previously weren't like the death bunker on 14. I actually hit a nice draw out of it around the stupid tree that is on the other side blocking all shots. Curious to see if the G30s will help with the iron situation. It's just weird how things have flip flopped in my game this year...

I hate that tree!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah. I'm secretly planning to sneak out some evening and cut it down. You in?

Absolutely! :beer:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Absolutely! :beer:

It was actually pretty cool to play my shot from the front left of that bunker out to the right with a draw. Was goin for a big hook, but settled for a draw that left me just short of the green side bunker. I'll take that, but failed to get u/d for par.

- Shane

There are 2 trees at the my league course I want to cut down too, rofl one protects 9 and the other protects 18.... Super annoying

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Evolver feedback is back. Key 1 is a little better, but still an issue. Key 3 is possibly an issue returning with the driver at least. After almost 2 weeks of not touching a club, it isn't surprising. There is way too much air between my arms. I'm not sure how to break this with my driver. I think everything stems from applying to much force/effort at the top instead of waiting. Did some slow motion work tonight and progressively sped up. He wants some iron swings to confirm the Key 3 issue. Going to get some footage on the range tomorrow.

- Shane

Played in a golf scramble this afternoon ya Shaker Run. Sad to see the condition of that course. We took second with a 63 and won a skin. Here is my loot. Had a great session on the range hitting the ball VERY nicely. Hit the ball well on the course for the first 4 holes and then Thbtbtbt. Putting was awful. Drives erratic. Iron shots all over place. Couldn't putt worth a crap. Our 2nd place was turkey a team effort. I was making such good swings on the range. The video I'll post tomorrow was taken early on before things started clicking, but hopefully they will reveal what is up. Edit: Did a quick look at the videos and see a big flip. Exhibit A

- Shane

Played in a golf scramble this afternoon ya Shaker Run. Sad to see the condition of that course. We took second with a 63 and won a skin. Here is my loot.

Had a great session on the range hitting the ball VERY nicely. Hit the ball well on the course for the first 4 holes and then Thbtbtbt. Putting was awful. Drives erratic. Iron shots all over place. Couldn't putt worth a crap. Our 2nd place was turkey a team effort. I was making such good swings on the range. The video I'll post tomorrow was taken early on before things started clicking, but hopefully they will reveal what is up.

Edit: Did a quick look at the videos and see a big flip.

Exhibit A

Nice haul! And, I'm sorry, maybe don't look at my swings anymore because I'm infecting you with my flip :8)

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Nice haul! And, I'm sorry, maybe don't look at my swings anymore because I'm infecting you with my flip :8)

The flippen chicken wing is an old friend that comes back to visit frequently. He is an unwelcome guest. As I kept hitting balls on the range, I felt the club lagging, crisp contact and awesome ball flight. After a few holes... gone. I feel like I've wasted this year trying to fix this screwed up mess of a swing. I can't get Key 1. Key 3 comes and goes from swing to swing. When things do click on the range, they don't stick on the course. I don't know.

- Shane

The flippen chicken wing is an old friend that comes back to visit frequently. He is an unwelcome guest. As I kept hitting balls on the range, I felt the club lagging, crisp contact and awesome ball flight. After a few holes... gone. I feel like I've wasted this year trying to fix this screwed up mess of a swing. I can't get Key 1. Key 3 comes and goes from swing to swing. When things do click on the range, they don't stick on the course. I don't know.

When I went to the range today to warm up while waiting to do my fitting I knew instantly that my swing was better. I was hitting my 60* wedge and I was shredding the balls. after 3 shots I had to clean the shavings out of the grooves. You've been doing pretty well so far this year it seems to me, I'm sure it'll come back around soon.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Putting was awful. Drives erratic. Iron shots all over place. Couldn't putt worth a crap.

Other than that it was a great round though right? ;-)

Just looking at that impact pic, looks like the grip may be a little weak, check out this video I put together for @Jakester23 It won't completely fix the Key #3 issue but I think it will help.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/66657/my-swing-jakester23/216#post_1035257

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Other than that it was a great round though right? ;-) Just looking at that impact pic, looks like the grip may be a little weak, check out this video I put together for @Jakester23 It won't completely fix the Key #3 issue but I think it will help. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/66657/my-swing-jakester23/216#post_1035257]http://thesandtrap.com/t/66657/my-swing-jakester23/216#post_1035257[/URL]

Free lunch, dinner, beer, $150 in visa gift cards, the loot pictured, perfect weather... It was fun except watching my ball flight. ;-) Yep. The grip was bad. My friend Flip was in the house. I did get it straightened out on the range, but they quickly came back on the course. :sigh:

- Shane

Free lunch, dinner, beer, $150 in visa gift cards, the loot pictured, perfect weather... It was fun except watching my ball flight.

Yep. The grip was bad. My friend Flip was in the house. I did get it straightened out on the range, but they quickly came back on the course. :sigh:

I forgot to mention @mvmac h that video on @Jakester23 's MS thread last night. I'm thinking of actually piercing my hand with a nail and drilling a hole through each club so I can pin my hand to the club in the right place every time. My swing is like a dam that keeps getting cracks in it. As I seal one up, a previous crack reopens.

- Shane

I forgot to mention @mvmac that I did watch that video on @Jakester23's MS thread last night. I'm thinking of actually piercing my hand with a nail and drilling a hole through each club so I can pin my hand to the club in the right place every time. My swing is like a dam that keeps getting cracks in it. As I seal one up, a previous crack reopens.

Yeah you just have to stay on it for every shot until it sticks.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yeah you just have to stay on it for every shot until it sticks.

I saw a highlight from today where Bubba said "I can't play golf. I've got nothing." That's what I'm feeling like. I know it's temporary, but at least I'm in good company. ;-)

- Shane

If you consider Bubba good company, hahaha. I'd still take his "I can't golf" golf game over mine

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

If you consider Bubba good company, hahaha. I'd still take his "I can't golf" golf game over mine

More in attitude than technical ability I guess. When a pro has a bad day, they are plus a few strokes, not a few dozen. ;-)

- Shane

As they say, it's always darkest before the dawn. Played with @Jeremie Boop this afternoon and started striking the ball better. I adjusted my grip (thanks @mvmac ) and focused on maintaining the angle between my left arm and torso. Ended up with 47 on the front 9 compliments of a triple and a few doubles, but I did birdie #2 with a tap in. I backed off on the driver and focused more on hitting it straighter since the back 9 was tighter. Bagged quite a few pars and another tap in birdie after nearly making my first ace. I didn't even feel the ball on most iron shots. How can I bottle this swing? Short game left me quite a few short putts. If I could have capitalized on half of those 5-6 footers, I would have been in the 30s easily. I had 42 on the back nine and we played another 9 and I shot another 42. Putting was not good, but that is the easiest thing to fix.

After thought. I'm glad I shot this with my Mizunos and not the G30s. It's nice to know that it wasn't a club change that made things better. It was nice to see @Jeremie Boop hitting the ball good too.

- Shane

Note: This thread is 2649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!