IGNORED

Swing style....

StuartM
Note: This thread is 3638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've recently been trying to work on my style of swing.... I'm a cack handed player but I wouldn't say I lacked in power as such, I seem to struggle between clubs ie no real distance difference between 6i 5i or 4i all around the 200y mark with my driver being around 260y. Is there anything I can do to try and help this? Or has anyone else had problems like these?

Haven't seen you before, so welcome to the site. Typically, the reason you long irons stop gaining any distance for you is because you aren't hitting them as well. If your 5 & 4 are flying really low they probably aren't carrying any further than your 6 as you discussed. I used to have this same problem when I started golfing. Practice hitting solid shots more than worrying about distance, once you are striking pure you should see around 10 yards difference per iron. This website really helped me hit pure shots and improve my game. http://purestrike5sk.com/videos.php#video_playback Also, you can post your swing under the "My Swing" section and experts of the site can tell you exactly what you are doing wrong.

Welcome to the site! Wish I could hit a 6-iron 200 yards. Why crack-handed? Have you played normally? If so, why the change?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been having a read through the 'my swing' section too.. Some pretty good posts in there also (probably where this post should have been) although I do find some of the tips hard to put into practise due the back handed grip. I have always played cack handed never played normal grip, must have been the way I picked up the club and no one corrected me t the time, now I find it impossible to play with a normal grip!!

I've recently been trying to work on my style of swing.... I'm a cack handed player but I wouldn't say I lacked in power as such, I seem to struggle between clubs ie no real distance difference between 6i 5i or 4i all around the 200y mark with my driver being around 260y. Is there anything I can do to try and help this? Or has anyone else had problems like these?

Like any other golfer, figure out your priority piece and make it better. I'd recommend posting in the Member Swing forum.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!