IGNORED

My first US Open Qualifier experience

phillyk
Note: This thread is 2697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A bogey golfer should never make a hole in one, but it happens ;-)

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A bogey golfer should never make a hole in one, but it happens

My ex-colleague played 8 times in his life, and made one on a local par3 course.

Hey, what are you trying to insinuate about bogey golfers!!!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Because by his own (flawed...terribly flawed) logic it should never happen!  A 1.3 should NEVER shoot a 90!!  Rabble rabble.  I love the word should.  I should be waking up between Charlize Theron and Christina Ricci every morning, but guess what....that ain't happening either.

Doesn't matter what the conditions were, it should NEVER happen.  Right?  Isn't that his whole (terrible) argument?  That a +whatever index should NEVER shoot over xyz score...and conveniently he gets to set the max scoring mark.  So, shouldn't a 1.3 index have the same rules applied?  No, he's just being an ITG, probably TPS showing up on teh intarwebz and he needs to just go back under his bridge and wait for the next billy-goat.

So the guy shot a 90 in US Open Local qualifying.

Did it impact the stock market?  Because I may care about that.

Did it reduce the price of oil?  Because I would care about that.

Did it do anything to impact aaaaaanybody reading this thread?  Nnnnnnnnyope.

But this guy decides to come in and start trolling from the beginning, and why?  What did this do for him?  Allow him the opportunity to talk about how good his game is (except when it's a long pga tour setup and the weather is bad, apparently)?  Couldn't have started his own thread for that, could he?

You're right.. A guy who is a +2.3 should go out and shoot 90 with no other tournament scores all day long.  Is this what you wanted to hear? If I was a troll why would I give out all of my information for everyone to see? You're an idiot sir. And yes, I think that if you have a set handicap there is a limit. Is it tried and true? No its not- I could go out and purposely shoot a 300 today if I wanted to. Obviously you care enough to get on here and attack but at the end of the day a +2.3 is something rare and a 1.3 is something somewhat common(such as yourself). The only reason I bring up my game is because I am a +0.1 and I have no trouble getting around a course.. a guy that is 3-4 strokes away from being top 1000 in the world should have no issues getting around a course. I am not setting the mark.. I am telling you what I know happens out of players around my area that are the same handicap or WORSE. So I have a pretty good idea from playing in tournaments(not sure if you do or not yet) and knowing some guys who are true +2's on what a bad day looks like for them. You must be a vanity capper yourself.

So what should someone as great as yourself (a +.1) max out at? 91 right? Because you'd NEVER go over your max.

I am not that great.. if I were great, I would be on a mini tour and making a living through golf. Not teaching, playing. And yeah, I am pretty confident that I will not shoot above an 89 this year.

I know I'm not a mod or anything, but I would suggest it may be a good idea to take this discussion to PMs or something.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

My ex-colleague played 8 times in his life, and made one on a local par3 course.

Hey, what are you trying to insinuate about bogey golfers!!!

Check out Alex Ovechkin(hockey player) on Youtube.. his first time out he makes one.. technically its a 3 since he missed the ball on the first swing.

Check out Alex Ovechkin(hockey player) on Youtube.. his first time out he makes one.. technically its a 3 since he missed the ball on the first swing.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
@GHIN0011458 has been removed being able to participate.

Back on topic now, please.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@GHIN0011458 has been removed being able to participate.   Back on topic now, please.

Now that's a hole in one.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I shoot 82 in the local. 0.9hcp. 3 fairways and 36 putts. To be fair it was my second round in six months and I thinks I hit range balls 3 times. Sounds like the OP was out of his comfort zone.

I know a lot of guys 1-2hcps that never break 80 in tournaments. In the words of Bobby Jones, " there is golf and there is tournament golf, and the two have nothing to do with one and other".or something like that.

• Upvote 1

I've read every post here and its funny my highest score thus far this year had been 83...after reading this topic I went out on Monday and shot a scintillating 93. I am no vanity handicapper...I count every stroke and hole out everything. This was the highest score I've shot in a number of years...it was dreadful...I shot a 44 on the front side and decided to press on the back side and man the freakin wheels came off as did my composure and i shot a 49 on the back side...it was an educational experience.

I tend to disagree with the way the USGA Handicaps are figured....I have a 2.3 HCap but sincerely believe I play more to a 4 or 5...I had a couple of good rounds under par but my average score is 76...I like the way they do the handicaps in the UK...only tournament rounds are considered valid towards a handicap...just some of my musings

What's in my bag

Cobra Speed LD-F 10.5* Driver

Callaway XHot 15* 3-wood

Tour Edge Bazooka 5-wood

Tour Edge Bazooka 7-wood

Wilson Staff Ci9 Irons 4-GW

Mizuno T-Zoid Sand Wedge 56*

Odyssey White Hot #2

Tour pro shot 88 today.

Must have been a typo, because + cappers don't go that big.

Just out of curiosity, what was the course rating?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

You'd probably have to ask someone at the USGA what they'd rate that setup. We're talking about a guy who probably hangs out in the +5 or better range, so unless the rating is 80 with a slope of 160...... As has been said before, "crap happens".

You'd probably have to ask someone at the USGA what they'd rate that setup.

We're talking about a guy who probably hangs out in the +5 or better range, so unless the rating is 80 with a slope of 160......

As has been said before, "crap happens".

True enough.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Tour pro shot 88 today. Must have been a typo, because + cappers don't go that big.

Taniguchi? I thought it was 89.. guess it doesn't matter lol

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Note: This thread is 2697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!