IGNORED

Breaking Bad Club - A Thread for Golfers Trying to Break 100

Gipper
Note: This thread is 1347 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Been following the thread and it has me very excited. Current handicap is 28.8. Got play Friday got a 113. Best part of the round was my putting. Only 2 three putts. Had 2 blow up holes where I got an 11 on one and an 8 on the other so all and all not horrid. Did some range work today hitting a small bucket and then working hard on putting and chipping. Something new I tried was a more neutral grip. Worked well for day one in the short game but feels very awkward in my takeaway for full shots so I will keep practicing. Was told it will with turn over. As my strong grip though manageable doesn't allow for much release. At least how I do it :doh: plan to practice some more and maybe play Wednesday or Thursday. I will keep you posted.

Been following the thread and it has me very excited. Current handicap is 28.8. Got play Friday got a 113. Best part of the round was my putting. Only 2 three putts. Had 2 blow up holes where I got an 11 on one and an 8 on the other so all and all not horrid. Did some range work today hitting a small bucket and then working hard on putting and chipping. Something new I tried was a more neutral grip. Worked well for day one in the short game but feels very awkward in my takeaway for full shots so I will keep practicing. Was told it will with turn over. As my strong grip though manageable doesn't allow for much release. At least how I do it :doh: plan to practice some more and maybe play Wednesday or Thursday. I will keep you posted.

Welcome to the breaking bad club Ryan. Looks like you are within stricking distance of 99. Only two 3 puts on 18 is great. I need to get there. Keep us updated on your progress!

• Upvote 1

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ryan welcome to the group! Please keep us informed of your progress!
  • Upvote 1

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Made it to the range today, but really had a "flat" kind of practice ... I printed this shirt for fun to show "my colors"... got a couple of comments and looks ... hey iSuk ... but I play fast :-D

trying to think of other fun or funny shirts ideas that represent the 100+ golfers ... and there are a lot of us!  Might do a red neck golfer shirt ... for the Bubba in all of us ;-)

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I am right at the 100 mark.  I broke it at the end of last year a couple of times, my best score ever was 97.

This year has started out pretty well, I don't get to play 18 very often.  But have been at 49 and 50 almost every 9 I have played.  My worst 9 hole round was 53 so far this year.

The last 18 hole I played a couple weeks ago I was 99.

My second shot was/is my biggest challenge.  I am pretty fair off the tee, but I was always short on the second shot on par fours.  Last year I really worked with my four iron and it was paid off.  I still have a problem with left to right.  I seem to be right on most of my long irons, not slice, just hitting that direction.  My tee shot has improved so that most of my second shots will be with my 8 iron, it is my best friend right now.

I can remember when a bad tee shot on a longer hole meant double digits.

My plans this year are to really work on my putts, I plan to set something up in the garage, and to get my net back up at home.  I have a lot of yard to work with my short game.

I find that getting a club in my hand everyday, even if just for minutes really helps.  If I wait until I have time for an extended practice, it would just never happen.

My wife often rides along with me, she has decided she would like to give golf a try, so I am getting her a set of clubs for her birthday.  She is left handed, that makes it fun.  I look forward to more time on the course if we are both playing!

I am right at the 100 mark.  I broke it at the end of last year a couple of times, my best score ever was 97.

This year has started out pretty well, I don't get to play 18 very often.  But have been at 49 and 50 almost every 9 I have played.  My worst 9 hole round was 53 so far this year.

The last 18 hole I played a couple weeks ago I was 99.

My second shot was/is my biggest challenge.  I am pretty fair off the tee, but I was always short on the second shot on par fours.  Last year I really worked with my four iron and it was paid off.  I still have a problem with left to right.  I seem to be right on most of my long irons, not slice, just hitting that direction.  My tee shot has improved so that most of my second shots will be with my 8 iron, it is my best friend right now.

I can remember when a bad tee shot on a longer hole meant double digits.

My plans this year are to really work on my putts, I plan to set something up in the garage, and to get my net back up at home.  I have a lot of yard to work with my short game.

I find that getting a club in my hand everyday, even if just for minutes really helps.  If I wait until I have time for an extended practice, it would just never happen.

My wife often rides along with me, she has decided she would like to give golf a try, so I am getting her a set of clubs for her birthday.  She is left handed, that makes it fun.  I look forward to more time on the course if we are both playing!

Keep after it, and it really cool that your wife is wanting to play.

Made it to the range today, but really had a "flat" kind of practice ... I printed this shirt for fun to show "my colors"... got a couple of comments and looks ... hey iSuk ... but I play fast

trying to think of other fun or funny shirts ideas that represent the 100+ golfers ... and there are a lot of us!  Might do a red neck golfer shirt ... for the Bubba in all of us

Check out this club as well: http://www.bogeygolftour.com/about

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Managed to get a 99 to my rules on my saturday round. One mully per round and a foot wedge due to a outhouse being placed right next to the fairway on one hole... so all in all probably over 100 by exact but I am making great progress!! Played another 18 on sunday and did remarkably worse lol....

Managed to get a 99 to my rules on my saturday round. One mully per round and a foot wedge due to a outhouse being placed right next to the fairway on one hole... so all in all probably over 100 by exact but I am making great progress!! Played another 18 on sunday and did remarkably worse lol....

Been there, and done that as well!  Keep after it!  Soon you will not need the mully ...

Made it to the range today, but really had a "flat" kind of practice ... I printed this shirt for fun to show "my colors"... got a couple of comments and looks ... hey iSuk ... but I play fast :-D trying to think of other fun or funny shirts ideas that represent the 100+ golfers ... and there are a lot of us!  Might do a red neck golfer shirt ... for the Bubba in all of us   ;-) [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/99400/] [/URL]

Love the shirt man!

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

Ripped a fard in the downswing on one mully too. Damnhotdogs...

:bugout:

I am right at the 100 mark.  I broke it at the end of last year a couple of times, my best score ever was 97. This year has started out pretty well, I don't get to play 18 very often.  But have been at 49 and 50 almost every 9 I have played.  My worst 9 hole round was 53 so far this year. The last 18 hole I played a couple weeks ago I was 99. My second shot was/is my biggest challenge.  I am pretty fair off the tee, but I was always short on the second shot on par fours.  Last year I really worked with my four iron and it was paid off.  I still have a problem with left to right.  I seem to be right on most of my long irons, not slice, just hitting that direction.  My tee shot has improved so that most of my second shots will be with my 8 iron, it is my best friend right now. I can remember when a bad tee shot on a longer hole meant double digits.   My plans this year are to really work on my putts, I plan to set something up in the garage, and to get my net back up at home.  I have a lot of yard to work with my short game. I find that getting a club in my hand everyday, even if just for minutes really helps.  If I wait until I have time for an extended practice, it would just never happen. My wife often rides along with me, she has decided she would like to give golf a try, so I am getting her a set of clubs for her birthday.  She is left handed, that makes it fun.  I look forward to more time on the course if we are both playing!

Congrats on being so close to consistent golf in the 90's. It sounds like it wont be long. It is also great that your wife wants to get involved. That can be 4 extra hours together a week.

Love the shirt man!

Working on a redneck / hunting golf shirt ... Drawing it up now, so if you have any image ideas let me know or PM me ... I always love the humor side of golf. P.s. The wife shrunk that shirt, so have print another one up.

Working on a redneck / hunting golf shirt ... Drawing it up now, so if you have any image ideas let me know or PM me ... I always love the humor side of golf. P.s. The wife shrunk that shirt, so have print another one up.

I look forward to checking out the hunting/redneck one. The only thing I love more than golf is hunting.

I just had my best bucket of the year.... After having one of my worst earlier in the day. Something just clicked. My ball striking was much better and I was able to hit my 5 iron for the first time. I am pumped and ready for my next round on Thursday.

I just had my best bucket of the year.... After having one of my worst earlier in the day. Something just clicked. My ball striking was much better and I was able to hit my 5 iron for the first time. I am pumped and ready for my next round on Thursday.

Do us high cappers proud!! Post your results. Keep calm and a steady mind!!

Note: This thread is 1347 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!