IGNORED

hello all

BrownCoast
Note: This thread is 3579 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

last year was the first year i decided to play golf...i've played golf in the past but it was more of a outing and excuse to drink beer in the mornings with friends. didn't care about my equipment what balls i used. but last year i decided to actually play golf and study the never ending list of rules and sub rules and all that fun stuff. so after one year in the books i have a much better understanding of the game and can see myself playing for many years to come.

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

Welcome BC! This is a great place to continue your game development!

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

thanks Hammer4 and Gipper. i'm looking to really improve my game this year. last year was the first time i decided to really take up golf. i played in the past but just once in a while and didn't really care how i shot. last year i was given a set of irons and swapped then with a used set of tour preferred (i tend to hit my irons straight) and then at the end of season bought a used driver a demo putter and a fairway metal. got a hybrid as a gift and bought wedges. the set is complete not to fix all the bad habits i have from playing in the past (very nice looking swing but tend to dig my trailling elbow into my hip and take divots 2 inces behind the ball)

thanks Hammer4 and Gipper. i'm looking to really improve my game this year. last year was the first time i decided to really take up golf. i played in the past but just once in a while and didn't really care how i shot. last year i was given a set of irons and swapped then with a used set of tour preferred (i tend to hit my irons straight) and then at the end of season bought a used driver a demo putter and a fairway metal. got a hybrid as a gift and bought wedges. the set is complete not to fix all the bad habits i have from playing in the past (very nice looking swing but tend to dig my trailling elbow into my hip and take divots 2 inces behind the ball)

I think the divot behind the ball is an issue for a lot of us working on lowering out of a high handicap.  I have found an instructor that was pretty reasonable who has been helping me with it and I really like the progress he has helped me make.  After I have a consistent swing I hope to head up to Erie to meet with Iacas or at least do something with them online to be able to start tweaking it from there.

At any rate good luck on your golf journey and keep us all updated.  It is amazing how much one can pick up just by being on this forum.

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

yeah my next step is finding an instructor or just taking a couple lessons. went out today with my "franken-putter" (man does it look ugly lol) but it was an improvement and my ball striking was better today. shot a 95 still had my usual blowup holes quad bogey followed by triple bogey but it is what it is. i'm not expecting to be a low or even mid capper after one season. but i do like this site and so far everyone seems nice and very helpful.

Sounds like you are off to a good start, and going about in a smart approach!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

just moved here but so far i really like pelham hills golf course and niagara falls golf club. i would avoid oaklands for at least 3-5 weeks (still in pretty rough shape) but everyone says thundering waters and legends are super nice and beautiful courses. i'd go on golfnow.com and check out some courses lots of deals. also beechwood is nice and i think the next few courses i'm going to check out is sawmill, rockway glen, international country club of niagara and hunters point.

Nigra Falls ONT?....I bet that area is beautiful for golf courses?

so far its been really nice up here. just saw one course that looks like it could have been nice but in really rough shape!

Between the snow, elk, and deer. There are alot of nice courses that dont come on line till mid July around here. (idaho)

Its not the dreams in the recesses of you mind, its the approach and how you go at it Roddy

Note: This thread is 3579 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!