IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

That is not mine, unfortunately. That one is chicken cordon bleu. I usually like pork loin roasted, but a stuffed pork loin fatty on the smoker may have possibilities.

Smoker made pork loin. . .Yumm. . .

Check out this Shanghai style pork shoulder:

If I eat either one of these, I'll probably have to hit 1000 balls a day over the weekend.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Its a good football Saturday, so its time to light the fire. That shoulder looks good. Is that traditional wine available in the US?

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Its a good football Saturday, so its time to light the fire. That shoulder looks good. Is that traditional wine available in the US?

Yes you can get it, but this is honestly the first time I heard a request for it. :beer:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I am thinking more individual servings. Like wrapping a pork chop or something of that sort. :-D

I don't have a picture, but there's a butcher shop that we stop at when we head to the GA mountains fly fishing to get our meat for the week. They stuff a smoked pork chop in house made pork sausage, and wrap the whole thing in house smoked bacon. Just so wrong, it's right! :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

[quote name="saevel25" url="/t/74957/food-thread/162#post_1068852"] I am thinking more individual servings. Like wrapping a pork chop or something of that sort. :-D

I don't have a picture, but there's a butcher shop that we stop at when we head to the GA mountains fly fishing to get our meat for the week. They stuff a smoked pork chop in house made pork sausage, and wrap the whole thing in house smoked bacon. Just so wrong, it's right! :-)[/quote] I saw a philly chees steak fatty that was cooked then placed in rolled out pizza dough from a can and cooked again. It made me hungry.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Did you use sake or sherry?

Two types of traditional drinks in China. One is kind of like Sake, called Bai Jou (White Wine) or Mei Jou (Rice Wine)

Personally, I prefer Port or Sherry over either of those. ;-)

I think I drank way too much of Bai Jou when I was going to China a lot for business. Like gallons of it over the years. Too much beer too, a couple hundred gallons over the years? Now, I prefer a fermented grape or fruit based product. :beer: (should add a wine glass emoticon)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

The color seems unique, and with few ingredients I was curious about traditional flavors.

Tom R.

The color seems unique, and with few ingredients I was curious about traditional flavors.

Here is the Wiki link. Seems correct. I can say that I've probably tasted at least 80% of the types listed. (Not really, but it sure feels like it).

The first three glasses are appreciated, the last 17 are gulped down in a tradition called "Gan Bei" (Empty the cup).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baijiu

There is also Mou Tai: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maotai, but this stuff is really expensive in China (still about $100 a bottle here). I don;t really like it. I had an "experience" with it when I was 10 years old, and never drank another sip again.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I think my wife would be willing to sample what I dont use cooking. I would join her.

Tom R.

I cooked a splatty for the first time... I started with the stuffing, cream cheese and honey. I roasted and chopped peppers and garlic I rolled out beef. I wove the bacon. Then on the way to the grill I dropped it. Splat! Glad it was in wax paper but I should have known better. Oh well it was tasty!

Tom R.

I cooked a splatty for the first time...

I started with the stuffing, cream cheese and honey.

I roasted and chopped peppers and garlicI rolled out beef.I wove the bacon.Then on the way to the grill I dropped it. Splat! Glad it was in wax paper but I should have known better. Oh well it was tasty!

Yumm. That looks really delicious!

Nice job!

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Thanks, it was interesting. I was left with a lard-like afterburn. It reminded me of eating too many cat-head biscuits at great grandmas house. I suspect the filling of pure milkfat may have had a small contibution to that, as well as more bacon than I have ever seen cooked in one dish. Still, I learned hat cream cheese is the same cheese as brie, sans penicillum mold and a dark place to rest. Perhaps I can make a appetizer uniquie with that knowledge. Baked brie is an old favorite around here. I think I can cook it without bacon also. We will see. I forgot to say I shredded white sharp cheddar into the splatty.

Tom R.

If you like casseroles, I recommend chicken divan.  Made it last week.  Ingredients:  broccoli florets, cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, milk, shredded Cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, butter, salt & pepper.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Still, I learned hat cream cheese is the same cheese as brie, sans penicillum mold and a dark place to rest. Perhaps I can make a appetizer uniquie with that knowledge. Baked brie is an old favorite around here.

I never really thought about their similarities.

Thanksgiving is coming up, so bacon wrapped turkey is a high probability.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Bacon everything is sooooo overdone and needs to go away. That and Siracha. They do not taste great with everything, despite what some people may claim. Sorry, I felt I needed to get that off my chest. [quote name="Lihu" url="/t/74957/food-thread/180#post_1070298"] Thanksgiving is coming up, so bacon wrapped turkey is a high probability. [/quote]That would ruin the best part of the turkey, which is the delicious crispy skin!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Bacon everything is sooooo overdone and needs to go away. That and Siracha. They do not taste great with everything, despite what some people may claim.

Sorry, I felt I needed to get that off my chest.

That would ruin the best part of the turkey, which is the delicious crispy skin!

My in laws are from HK, and they like crispy.

So, we retain that crispiness by baking the turkey in Al foil, then basting it and roasting it till the skin is crispy. Next, the bacon goes on and infuses its flavor and adds crispiness. :drool:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

[QUOTE name="billchao" url="/t/74957/food-thread/180#post_1070331"] Bacon everything is sooooo overdone and needs to go away. That and Siracha. They do not taste great with everything, despite what some people may claim. Sorry, I felt I needed to get that off my chest. That would ruin the best part of the turkey, which is the delicious crispy skin![/QUOTE] My in laws are from HK, and they like crispy. So, we retain that crispiness by baking the turkey in Al foil, then basting it and roasting it till the skin is crispy. Next, the bacon goes on and infuses its flavor and adds crispiness. :drool:

I think I read the best chicken skin was produced with butter under it and oil on it. Perhaps I have that reversed but I have used the spray butter replacement products with great success on the grill and they are a form of oil generally.

Tom R.