IGNORED

Rotator Cuff Questions

caniac6

2 hours ago, flopster said:

I'm now dealing with a partial tear and tendonitis in my left shoulder according to MRI's results. Doctor gave me cortisone in my shoulder and seems to have given some relief, I start PT tomorrow does anyone have any advice?

Be patient and stick with the PT exercises. Ice after playing and PT exercises. Try to avoid surgery if possible because that will be a much longer healing process.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Rotator Cuff Questions
17 hours ago, flopster said:

I'm now dealing with a partial tear and tendonitis in my left shoulder according to MRI's results. Doctor gave me cortisone in my shoulder and seems to have given some relief, I start PT tomorrow does anyone have any advice?

If you can get set up with a good sports medicine program, that would be great. I had surgery 25 years ago and went through 9 months intensive sport medicine program. Get as strong as you can, but with guidance so you're going about it the right way. 

I'd be careful of cortisone, not sure that's a long term positive other than relieving some pain.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike

Driver: TM Sim2 9* Ventus Black, M5 9* Kuro Kage
Fwy: TM SLDR 3W, 5W;    Hybrid: TM M1 4 Hybrid
Irons: TM Tour Preferred MC 2014
Wedges: TM Tour Preferred, 52 @ 51*, 56
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 or Odyssey Rossie

It isn't the hours that you put in at practice that count. It's the way you spend those minutes. -- tony lema

On 5/10/2023 at 3:45 AM, flopster said:

Do the therapy. So many patients want the injection which can/does provide considerable to complete relief for many people, but it’s the correction of mechanics, and the strengthening the scapular stabilizers & cuff muscles that will be the difference in a more permanent solution. As others have said, the surgery has a longer recovery and you’ll have to do the therapy on the back end anyways…so just do the therapy now (and continue it) in hopes to avoid the cutting :-) 

Also, literature support is mixed, but if you have an extra $700-1500 laying around, at some point (6-8 weeks from now when steroid is out of the subacromial space) you may want to consider a leukocyte-rich PRP injection which may help the tendon with healing. In the same vein, there are probably a couple of places local to you that will be doing exosome injections which show better potential, but also more expensive and not covered by insurance. Cost is closer to $1200-2000.   I’m sure whoever you are seeing will have opinions on those things.  Again, studies are mixed and unconvincing, but plenty of anecdotal support if you have the cash and really want to avoid a bigger surgery they may be worth a go. 

pmc-card-share.jpg?_=0

The recent advances in translational and nanomedicine have paved the way for...

• Informative 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for all your input, I can't believe this happened but after the first week of therapy that felt really good I took a pretty bad fall in the yard that may have cracked or at the very least bruised my ribs, the shoulder is feeling a lot better and I plan on starting therapy again soon though.

• Thumbs Up 3

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

• 4 months later...
On 6/9/2014 at 10:55 AM, caniac6 said:

I am starting to have some rotator cuff problems. It hurts when lifting my arm past, or equal to shoulder high and behind my back. It does not hurt while playing golf. I am thinking of not doing anything until it bothers me while playing. I know there are other golfers with similar issue, and I would like your opinions and advice. Thanks.

i have had 2 complete rotator tear surgeries and last november a reverse shoulder surgery. fix it you will have no regrets