IGNORED

2014 Open Championship (British Open) at Royal Liverpool Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love ESPN's coverage overall, but why does it take them until his 5th hole to show DJ?? The guys is a top five American player and is two off the lead. Instead they show guys like Luke Donald who literally has zero chance of ever winning a major...makes no sense to me.

Really Tiger? Woke up to find him go DB-Bogey. Also, Rory McIlroy's outfits are ****ing awful

Yup I got to work early just to watch Tiger on the live stream and he does that?!?!?!

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I guess Tiger forgot how to chip out of high grass (7th hole) -- it seemed like a weak effort.

"Put some back into it. Tiger."

But the putt... ok.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Because that was yesterday, and I just don't feel it happening today.  Trust me, I HOPE that I'm wrong.  His demeanor today seems totally different than yesterday.  I have a feeling that this could seriously be Sergio's time.

Not saying you're wrong, but it's just a guess. He showed yesterday that he could turn it around.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Really hope none of the leaders go low in the afternoon group...would be nice if the lead is 5 or 6 under by the end of the day and all the folks at even par or better will be in it this weekend.

Ugh, some kid yelled mashed potatoes.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Gosh, if Tiger wasn't +5 on the first two holes the first two days...

I know, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Ugh, some kid yelled mashed potatoes.

No less inappropriate that shouting "in the hole" at a yardage where it's impossible, and likely to be a bit of rebuke for the Americans that keep doing it (as indeed the microphone just picked someone up doing so for Rory). It bought a smile to my face to read Golf Digests guide to the Open for American visitors this week

"American players always say that British galleries are the most knowledgable in the world. Golf Digest interpret to mean, "don't shout in the hole at a par 5"

I have a slightly different take on this, which is American players aren't so stupid as to come over to a foreign country and announce how much they hate their ignorant guests (only Ian Poulter does that). Ultimately golf is an indvidual sport and getting a gallery onside can make the difference (Faldo and Azinger anyone?). Azinger paid the penalty for his Kiawah antics, and whereas he cried at losing (as Faldo did at winning) there were no shortage of people quietly smiling at the karma

As regards "in the hole" - look it was moderately amusing the first time when it was used for John Daly who was ripping up the yardage book and seemingly lending the wags shout out a bit of currency, but don't you feel its worn a bit thin a quarter of a century later. Or perhaps people still think its funny, I don't know?

Is it odd that I like Rory...or at least want to like him...but I just really don't want to see him win?? Anybody else feel the same? There are just so many others I'd rather see win- Fowler, DJ, Phil, etc. Crazy that Rory would be one green jacket from completing the career slam if he wins this weekend.

I would prefer a tournament rather than a coronation, which is contrary to what ESPN wants. They're already salivating over a Rory McIlroy runaway, so they can proclaim him the world's dominant player. (I don't see him stretching out a big lead this weekend.)

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Sergio ... so many emotional ups and downs ... seems to have settled down.

Would not mind if Sergio earned the title.

Note: This thread is 3574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!