• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Stewart

Re-establishing a handicap

7 posts in this topic

Back in 2012 I joined the VSGA eClub, which gave me an official handicap index. I didn't play much in 2013 and didn't renew that membership. I've just recently joined a local golf club which offers a handicapping service. I'll certainly talk to them about getting that set up, but I'm curious how this might work if anyone has had a similar situation. Will I simply add my new scores since the last time I had an opportunity to post them, and it will calculate my handicap using scores as far back as the fall of 2012?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

If you had GHIN, your old scores will pop up (probably after a revision.)

I have had several friends start playing after years of not and their HC was where it was before the break.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Did you have a GHIN number with your previous club?

Yes, I did. I tried to go into the website last night under my previous GHIN number, and it said I was inactive. I'm curious if they'll simply reactivate that number/account.

If you had GHIN, your old scores will pop up (probably after a revision.) I have had several friends start playing after years of not and their HC was where it was before the break .

Reported, or actual? :-P Seriously though, I'm surprised I actually haven't fallen off more than I have. I'm not an 18, but I'm not that far away either.

Yes, I did. I tried to go into the website last night under my previous GHIN number, and it said I was inactive. I'm curious if they'll simply reactivate that number/account.

They should.  If you haven't already, make sure that you tell them that you do have a GHIN number.....

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Your present club has to reactivate it  or have it transferred from the previous hosting club you were member of.