IGNORED

Concealed Carry on The Course

EZPZ
Note: This thread is 3579 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Someone page Shorty, he is up by now.

I need to see his "Grumpy Cat" avatar. :beer:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You might need to read a little slower there, man. He said they were able to run it off and that it was killed the next day. He makes no mention of it being killed by him, nor does he mention discharging a gun. And no, hunting down a rabid fox is not "just plain stupid" if you know what you're doing.

Oops my bad :doh: Well I would say hunting down a rabid fox on a golf course isn't smart. Out away from populated areas, yea if your a hunter or experienced enough have at it. Though still call animal control, they would probably need to dispose of the animal so not to spread the disease more.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Oops my bad

Well I would say hunting down a rabid fox on a golf course isn't smart. Out away from populated areas, yea if your a hunter or experienced enough have at it. Though still call animal control, they would probably need to dispose of the animal so not to spread the disease more.

If I have a gun with me and I see a rabid animal I am definitely going to shoot it, and if I don't have a gun with me I am going to go get one and shoot it.

To let a rabid animal roam around is irresponsible.

• Upvote 1

Well I would say hunting down a rabid fox on a golf course isn't smart.

You'd best hunt the sumbitch down wherever you can find it -- and as fast as humanly possible.

And by referencing people who know what they're doing, I'm not referring to guys who'd be indiscriminately slinging lead all over the place and endangering innocent bystanders. These people would shoot what they're aiming at, and nothing else.

John

If I have a gun with me and I see a rabid animal I am definitely going to shoot it, and if I don't have a gun with me I am going to go get one and shoot it. To let a rabid animal roam around is irresponsible.

I would defend myself with what ever I have at hand. Still Calling someone more experienced to get rid of an animal isn't irresponsible.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

If I have a gun with me and I see a rabid animal I am definitely going to shoot it, and if I don't have a gun with me I am going to go get one and shoot it.

To let a rabid animal roam around is irresponsible.

True, in CA we don't have as bad an issue with Rabies, so it's hard for me to have any real perspective on this.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

He tracked rabid fox? Works for animal control? Or just another fairy tale...To justify carrying. C'mon folks nobody gives a shit if you want to carry but admit it is personal choice. The lame reasons are just silly. I have a permit because I want it don't need dramatic reason. Nut up or shut up.

Dave :-)

He tracked rabid fox? Works for animal control? Or just another fairy tale...To justify carrying. C'mon folks nobody gives a shit if you want to carry but admit it is personal coice. The lame reasons are just silly. I have a permit because I want it don't need dramatic reason. Nut up or shut up.

What on God's green earth are you talking about?

There's a lot of wild shit being thrown around here, and it appears as if most of it is coming from "forum leaders."

• Upvote 1

John

Can flies carry rabies? You cant be too careful!

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

What on God's green earth are you talking about?

There's a lot of wild shit being thrown around here, and it appears as if most of it is coming from "forum leaders."

they need to quit while they are ahead. not helping their cause

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

• Administrator
they need to quit while they are ahead. not helping their cause

There's no "cause." Forum Leaders are simply people with positive reputations who have 1000+ posts.

I'll say for the final time: this thread will get back on topic (CC on the Golf Course), or the thread will be locked like the others, or at least moved to the Grill Room.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I would defend myself with what ever I have at hand. Still Calling someone more experienced to get rid of an animal isn't irresponsible.

I'm not really talking about defending myself. Just performing a duty. And I would say I have as much experience as anybody around here.

He tracked rabid fox? Works for animal control? Or just another fairy tale...To justify carrying. C'mon folks nobody gives a shit if you want to carry but admit it is personal choice. The lame reasons are just silly. I have a permit because I want it don't need dramatic reason. Nut up or shut up.

So you wouldn't shoot a rabid animal if you had a shot? SMH! So it wanders off and spreads the disease.

Some of ya'll definitely live in a different world than I do.

I'm not really talking about defending myself. Just performing a duty. And I would say I have as much experience as anybody around here. So you wouldn't shoot a rabid animal if you had a shot? SMH! So it wanders off and spreads the disease. Some of ya'll definitely live in a different world than I do.

Yea one where I have no clue how to use a gun, and my best weapon is my cellphone to call 911. :-P As for guns on a golf course, I personally don't mind it, as long as the person doesn't violate private owners right to not allow guns on the course. I personally don't think it is required, of course I never had issues on a golf course before to where I think I would need one.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Yea one where I have no clue how to use a gun, and my best weapon is my cellphone to call 911.

As for guns on a golf course, I personally don't mind it, as long as the person doesn't violate private owners right to not allow guns on the course. I personally don't think it is required, of course I never had issues on a golf course before to where I think I would need one.

Since I never have one with me at the course I would have to run and get the owner's wife's gun (she always has one) but with a rabid animal on the course that's exactly what I would do.

So instead of calling the proper authorities, like animal control, you took action and discharged a gun illegally to take out a fox. Good job, you are one of the fools who doesn't deserve to have a gun, clearly you have no clue what the concept of a threat is. I can understand a bear, but to go and hunt down a rabid fox is just plain stupid.

I never hunted down the fox but did call 911 and the clubhouse! Today, I would kill it and call the clubhouse-no worries. BTW-criminals don't deserve to have guns but have lots of them and THE CRIMINALS ARE VERY SNEAKY AND DO NOT REGISTER THEIR WEAPONS AS I HAVE DONE! Besides all that, one rabid animal usually means more than one. In my state, discharging a registered weapon in self-defense is legal!

Patrick

MGS Fan

I never hunted down the fox but did call 911 and the clubhouse! Today, I would kill it and call the clubhouse-no worries. BTW-criminals don't deserve to have guns but have lots of them and THE CRIMINALS ARE VERY SNEAKY AND DO NOT REGISTER THEIR WEAPONS AS I HAVE DONE! Besides all that, one rabid animal usually means more than one. In my state, discharging a registered weapon in self-defense is legal!

Good to know you have a couple of hundred thousand and more hanging around for your defense if you happen to shoot a human.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3579 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!