IGNORED

ESPN Offers Tiger Only Broadcast Coverage at The Open

newtogolf
Note: This thread is 3547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It makes business sense to me. The cost of setting those cameras up is so expensive. Streaming and putting announcers can't be that expensive and if the ad revenue is good, why not? Imho this should have been done years ago although maybe it took awhile for mobile video numbers to go up.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like when the Masters follows specific groups and believe they will cover whoever is paired with Tiger.   While there's more down time waiting them to walk up to their ball you get a much better perspective of how they approach a round of golf and each shot.

I'm guessing if Tiger doesn't make the cut they will follow another fan favorite (Rory, Rickie, Phil) if they are in contention or they will just follow the tournament leader.

Joe Paradiso

In all seriousness though, I love following a round on the course in its entirety. It gives you a good perspective of how it is playing. Just see shots doesn't give that to you. Plus side too that you get the watch the historically greatest active golfer in golf. Kudos for ESPN for making this decision, it should free up the broadcasting for other channels and I we will see how much he moves the needle directly.

I agree. There is something to be said about watching entire holes, as opposed to one shot here and one there. Tiger will of course get most shots on the main channel anyways, but you get more time to look at the hole they are playing.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I'm guessing if Tiger doesn't make the cut they will follow another fan favorite (Rory, Rickie, Phil) if they are in contention or they will just follow the tournament leader.

I'm guessing that if he doesn't make it they'll drop the whole thing entirely. Nobody else has the drawing power to make it worthwhile and almost everything the leaders do on the weekend will be covered on the regular broadcast.

John

Note: This thread is 3547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!