IGNORED

Walking off

Jack_2251
Note: This thread is 6082 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone ever walked off the golf course in the middle of a round. Why did you do it and did you tell your partners where you where going/ If you were leaving??
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Me and my friend when we were 14 years old walked off at hole 5 because we were playing with a real annoying couple, and we were playing really poor. So we just walked off without saying anything. Really rude ofcourse, but we were just kids.
In my bag:
Driver: : D2 8.5°
fairway wood: 906 15°
Hybrid: 585H 19°
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

I have only walked off once, I teed off in the comp early one Saturday morning and for some reason it was the slowest round I have ever played. We had been playing for around 5 hours and was only half way through the 13th hole. (Average Saturday comp at this course is only 4hrs 15 mins with time for a beer at halfway). I was playing cricket in the afternoon (I suspect most of the readers on the sand trap don't even no what this is!) so I had to leave to make it in time. The rest of my playing partners seriously considered walking off as well.

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

Twice I have done it.

The first time was after 9 holes on the second day of playing in Scottsdale, AZ. I was seriously hung over, and hadn't slept much the night before.

I shot a 54 on the front 9 and was just miserable due to the heat. I was a slow round due to a shotgun tournament going on. I just decided to call it a day and go in.

The second time was a twilight round, and it wasn't suppose to rain, but did a storm came out of no where and just started dumping on us, and kept going and going.. tried to wait it out and just finally gave up.
Driver: TM R7 SuperQuad 9.5*, RE*AX Stiff
3 Wood: TM R7 TP, 13*, Fujikura Stiff

Hybrids: TM Rescue Dual TPs 2, 3, and 4, Mitsubishi Diamana Stiff
Irons: 2-PW TM R7 TP, DG S300Gap Wedge: Callaway X-Tour 52*Lob Wedge: Callway X-Tour 58* PM GrindPutter: Odyssey White Steel #5Ball: Callaway HX-Tour2, 3,...

I do it all the time with my team. The sixth views the club house and we walk down the fairway and cut across.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

I have walked off once for being way too hungover and shooting terribly.

The other time I was playing with my mom and dad, and my mom got really frustrated, so we all had to leave.
"There is no miracle tip. Fix your swing."

In the bag:
Sumo2 w/ Aldila VS Proto 60g S
Halo 2h Apex Pro 4-PW Vokey 2 52.08/56.10/60.04 Red X #3 34" Tour Deep

I walked off after hole 15 once, on account that it was too dark to see the ball while putting, much less anything else. I didn't have to say anything to my partners -- they had already left.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Have seriously wanted to on several occasions but have never actually done it. One was due to a partner constantly attempting to give me swing tips even though I was clearly the better player. Another was due to a slow round (three and a half hours to do the front nine). The last time was when I just hadn't had enough sleep and felt like dropping on the spot at the turn.

I've done it after 9 holes.... times when I was playing poorly and there really was no reason to continue. Not during competitions though, just times when I came out as a single and was playing with strangers. It never had anything to do with the other players, just with me and a bad round that wasn't worth finishing. I always get a 9 hole rain check when I do quit early though... I'm not going to play a bad 9 holes then pay for 18...

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I have only walked off once, I teed off in the comp early one Saturday morning and for some reason it was the slowest round I have ever played. We had been playing for around 5 hours and was only half way through the 13th hole. (Average Saturday comp at this course is only 4hrs 15 mins with time for a beer at halfway). I was playing cricket in the afternoon (I suspect most of the readers on the sand trap don't even no what this is!) so I had to leave to make it in time. The rest of my playing partners seriously considered walking off as well.

I know what cricket is, and play it often. Are you from Auss?

Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

I have some friends that went to a course in Texas that was supposed to be a nice course, $38 greens fees, which is stretching it for poor college students. The course was terrible, weeds on the greens, the manicure was terrible, dead spots everywhere, there was a tree down in one fairway, the water jugs were all empty. They walked off that one, and the course wouldn't even refund their money. They wrote a letter to the Better Business Bureau.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

• Administrator
I walked (drove) off today because, in a twosome, I was told by a foursome that "There are 20 of us out here in an outing, you can't play through." One of the guys then proceeded to dunk two balls in the lateral hazard right in front of the tee... 20 feet from the tee. Only 40 yards to carry the "hazard." :P

I then hit 3W, 7I to 10 feet for eagle on the par five. The 7-iron landed about five seconds after they'd cleared the green. We drove in after that. That hole is the third hole at the course.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

hell, i did it just this weekend. It took two and a half hours to play nine holes and I things to do. If it is going to take more than four and a half hours to play a round, I usually get flustered and want to quit. But, that's the best part about being a member, I didn't have to pay for it.

Hi-Bore XLS Tour Driver
Steelhead III: 3 Wood
Bobby Jones Jesse Ortiz Hybrid
i3+: 3-9 Irons
Vokey Black Nickel: PW, 52, 56, 60 Bettinardi A-02 Putter NXT Tour

I have walked of plenty of times for extremely slow play.

I actually walked off last weekend and demanded a 9 hole refund because the greens were in terrible shape. They were basically dirt with sand on them. I was just really mad that they didnt eve say the greens were in bad shape and they charged full price.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

I have walked of plenty of times for extremely slow play.

Yeah, that's some bullcrap.

Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

Sure i did - once playing behind tourney flights for 3 holes taking 1 hour and not seldomly when playing bad and figuring i should spent my time better on the range than on the course. That is of course if i havent paid green fee. If i have to pay, i wouldnt walk off and just finish no matter what.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

It's been about 10 years or so but I walked off a couple times because I was playing really bad.

I only did it if I was a single playing by myself or with a group I didn't know. Never with players I knew.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Note: This thread is 6082 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!