IGNORED

My Swing (Slowcelica)

Slowcelica

I am jealous of your open field to hit balls in.  I have a net at home to hit into, and I can hit up to 85 yard wedge shots.  If I had a longer field though, it would help a lot.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am jealous of your open field to hit balls in.  I have a net at home to hit into, and I can hit up to 85 yard wedge shots.  If I had a longer field though, it would help a lot.

It's just an elementary school near my house, I go up there and hit birdie balls when no one is up there at nights and weekends. I also have a pool in my backyard that I use as a target for the birdie balls, I just hit them and see how many I can get I to the pool.

I have been practicing the impact position using the hips preset drill for weight forward, and I have a question. If I were to do it with say my driver, I'm not I do it with a 7 iron, would the impact position be the same? @iacas

• Administrator

I have been practicing the impact position using the hips preset drill for weight forward, and I have a question. If I were to do it with say my driver, I'm not I do it with a 7 iron, would the impact position be the same?

@iacas

Don't do it with your driver. You don't take divots with your driver (ideally).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sorry I phrased the question wrong, what I should have said, is the impact position with the driver the same, meaning shaft lean, hands ahead of the club, holding the right wrist angle?

• Administrator

Sorry I phrased the question wrong, what I should have said, is the impact position with the driver the same, meaning shaft lean, hands ahead of the club, holding the right wrist angle?

No. The driver swing is different. You're not hitting the ball off the ground, so the goals don't have to be the same.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@Slowcelica ,

The thread below discusses how the driver swing is different from the rest.  If you think about it, for all other clubs, the low point of your swing should be in front of where the ball is.  You hit the ball first, then the club continues to the low point.  The low point being at your left shoulder.  For the driver, the low point is behind the ball.  The driver should have a very low or positive angle of attack to achieve maximum distance.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

You've obviously never seen me hit a driver lol. I played today and my irons are getting better, I just need to keep practicing at home in front of a mirror nice and slow. Still don't have it down yet, when I do make good contact I can tell which is about 50% of the time. The other 50% I'm hitting fat shots so I just need to keep practicing it. My driver was terrible with today, I was push fading it which is the shot I hate most. When getting my weight forward I am feeling like I am squatting down on my front leg, the pushing up off the ground when I rotate my hips. Is this the correct feeling? @iacas

You've obviously never seen me hit a driver lol.

I played today and my irons are getting better, I just need to keep practicing at home in front of a mirror nice and slow. Still don't have it down yet, when I do make good contact I can tell which is about 50% of the time. The other 50% I'm hitting fat shots so I just need to keep practicing it.

My driver was terrible with today, I was push fading it which is the shot I hate most.

When getting my weight forward I am feeling like I am squatting down on my front leg, the pushing up off the ground when I rotate my hips. Is this the correct feeling?

@iacas

You should feel like you are doing this and tucking your butt.  See the video in the link below.

post #3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

You should feel like you are doing this and tucking your butt.  See the video in the link below. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/76325/early-extension-versus-tucking-the-butt#post_1033893]post #3[/URL]

Yep that's the feeling I'm trying to mimic. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Question for anyone that uses s&t;, is it ok for my head to move down in the downswing as my weight moves forward? If not what should I do to keep my head at the same height as it was at address?

• Administrator

Question for anyone that uses s&t;, is it ok for my head to move down in the downswing as my weight moves forward? If not what should I do to keep my head at the same height as it was at address?

No. Not really. You're probably overdoing stuff.

Plus, your weight should not move forward during the backswing.

No. Not really. You're probably overdoing stuff. Plus, your weight should not move forward during the backswing.

@iacas I'm confused with the weight moving forward in the backswing comment, what do you mean I was asking about the downswing. Was that in reference to something else earlier in the thread? What should I be doing to keep my head at the same level as was at setup in the downswing? Because I would think that if my lower half shift forward towards the target and my upper center stays over the ball then unless my spine gets longer then wouldn't my head move down towards the ball?

• Administrator
I'm confused with the weight moving forward in the backswing comment, what do you mean I was asking about the downswing. Was that in reference to something else earlier in the thread?

Sorry, brain fart. I don't know why I read "backswing." My fault.

What should I be doing to keep my head at the same level as was at setup in the downswing? Because I would think that if my lower half shift forward towards the target and my upper center stays over the ball then unless my spine gets longer then wouldn't my head move down towards the ball?

I know what you're saying, but if you put your head against a wall or a door jamb, you'll find you can slide your hips forward quite a bit while keeping your head steady.

I would do that for a bit and see what it feels like to you.

Sorry, brain fart. I don't know why I read "backswing." My fault. I know what you're saying, but if you put your head against a wall or a door jamb, you'll find you can slide your hips forward quite a bit while keeping your head steady. I would do that for a bit and see what it feels like to you.

Lol no problem. I'll give that a try and try and in grain that feeling.

Here are some updated front on videos, sorry couldn't get dtl today or didn't get my whole head into the video. Been working on steady head and weight forward, any thoughts? Also I want to add I pause at the top because I'm working on moving my weight forward to start the downswing into my swing, so I'm pausing at the top to focus on what I need to do to move it forward. [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/G8F93iviuCY[/VIDEO]

• 3 weeks later...