IGNORED

Snark and Assorted Topics

Gunther
Note: This thread is 3533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree that the things we write can very easily be taken completely differently than if the person reading it was hearing us talk, and also completely differently than if the person reading it actually knew us.

There are fairly big differences in the way we say things in different parts of the country and, of course, even bigger differences among different countries.

Tongue in cheek comments don't seem to read well on the internet and I have a very hard time remembering that. My tongue is at least partially in my cheek most of the time.

Con't, Android messed me up again. You implied his stupidity, I.e., doesn't apply more than very basic thinking, and in a particularly snarky and subtle way. Own that, you do it often, typically when you become exasperated at someone's stubbornness in sticking to a position. @mmvac never responds this way. Hell, he once even got frustrated with something I said and let me know it but in a straightforward simple way, no attack, just a point. My point is, as the owner of the site and it's moderator at times, you often admonish others for their intolerant posts. I find it potentially hypocritical because as I mentioned, I think you are one of the most active practioners of snark. I'd only ask to consider this when you become frustrated with someone. Not me though, fire away at me, esp on those rare occasions I am incorrect. Thanks for all you do to make this site great. P.S. Forgot to grab your post here so I wasn't able to respond to each of your points without starting over as I'm on my phone.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I appreciate all of the comments here. I perhaps should have shared this via PM but maybe it's a good thing there's a thread dedicated to it, will be top of mind as we go about our daily musings. Thanks again to all, esp Erik and Mike.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

As I mentioned, I appreciate Erik's contributions, it's a tremendous website and I am truly thankful for it. I personally, have very thick skin. I embrace disagreement and I'm not afraid to come in on the anti side of an argument, minority or not. You may note that the only time I ever respond in this fashion is when I feel as though others have been attacked. When I've been belittled, and it's happened a few times, often I'll either concede my error or continue the argument in a hopefully gentlemanly way. My point in this paragraph is that it's not about me or my feelings being hurt, that simply doesn't happen. Having said that, I reject your arguments that this wasn't a belittling post, of course it was.

What post? The post you refer to in the OP? The one directed at @turtleback ? Do you know the backstory of said post? Why don't you ask Turtleback if he felt belittled by it? Perhaps you're valiantly defending someone who doesn't need or want to be defended because he wasn't belittled in the first place. I think you're jumping into the end of a long conversation between Iacas and Turtleback and getting indignant over something that only you can see, something that's not even there. But that can't be, after all, you have "thick skin" right??? Seriously, it's already super annoying how many posters get their knickers all twisted up because of perceived slights (oh my, he's actually disagreeing with me!!! How rude!!) but now we're gonna start looking for possible slights directed at other people? People who have been here for years and would have left long ago if they were being so terribly abused and pissed on as you seem to believe? Tell you what, why not keep your powder dry for when you feel you've been tread upon and let others worry about themselves. We all have our big boy pants on, we're fine.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

What post? The post you refer to in the OP? The one directed at @turtleback ? Do you know the backstory of said post? Why don't you ask Turtleback if he felt belittled by it? Perhaps you're valiantly defending someone who doesn't need or want to be defended because he wasn't belittled in the first place. I think you're jumping into the end of a long conversation between Iacas and Turtleback and getting indignant over something that only you can see, something that's not even there. But that can't be, after all, you have "thick skin" right??? Seriously, it's already super annoying how many posters get their knickers all twisted up because of perceived slights (oh my, he's actually disagreeing with me!!! How rude!!) but now we're gonna start looking for possible slights directed at other people? People who have been here for years and would have left long ago if they were being so terribly abused and pissed on as you seem to believe? Tell you what, why not keep your powder dry for when you feel you've been tread upon and let others worry about themselves. We all have our big boy pants on, we're fine.

Funny. No, the post was belittling to 9iron, not turtleback. And I find your last paragraph particularly, um, curious? Just let me know whenever you need to be defended, the Guntherman is always on call.

Just let me know whenever you need to be defended, the Guntherman is always on call.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Funny. No, the post was belittling to 9iron, not turtleback. And I find your last paragraph particularly, um, curious?

You started a thread, effectively addressing the entire community, myself included. If you only wanted to address a select few you should have gone with a PM.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My point is, as the owner of the site and it's moderator at times, you often admonish others for their intolerant posts. I find it potentially hypocritical because as I mentioned, I think you are one of the most active practioners of snark. I'd only ask to consider this when you become frustrated with someone. Not me though, fire away at me, esp on those rare occasions I am incorrect.

Thanks for all you do to make this site great.

P.S. Forgot to grab your post here so I wasn't able to respond to each of your points without starting over as I'm on my phone.

Personally I don't see all the snarky remarks that would justify this thread. Apparently you must think they are there, or maybe you just read the tone and intent of a post differently than others.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

You started a thread, effectively addressing the entire community, myself included. If you only wanted to address a select few you should have gone with a PM.

[quote name="saevel25" url="/t/76036/snark-and-assorted-topics/20_10#post_1026150"] Personally I don't see all the snarky remarks that would justify this thread. Apparently you must think they are there, or maybe you just read the tone and intent of a post differently than others.  [/quote] You realize that he didn't start the thread right?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

You realize that he didn't start the thread right?

Umm......your private investigator licence is officially revoked.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

You realize that he didn't start the thread right?

http://thesandtrap.com/t/76036/snark-and-assorted-topics#post_1025894

I am pretty sure he did :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I can't say that I've ever felt belittled or personally insulted on here. If @iacas , @mvmac or anyone calls me out or questions me on something, I take notice, not get defensive. I'm appreciatie help that I get. There is a ton of people on here that he could be helping instead of me. I'm on the site to learn and contribute where I can with an open mind. So let me take a moment and say thank you to those on here who are more than willing to help.

- Shane

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/76036/snark-and-assorted-topics#post_1025894]http://thesandtrap.com/t/76036/snark-and-assorted-topics#post_1025894[/URL] I am pretty sure he did :whistle:

Erik moved it here because it's OT on another thread, so no, he didn't start it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

[quote name="saevel25" url="/t/76036/snark-and-assorted-topics/20_10#post_1026158"] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/76036/snark-and-assorted-topics#post_1025894]http://thesandtrap.com/t/76036/snark-and-assorted-topics#post_1025894[/URL] I am pretty sure he did :whistle: [/quote] Well, it might seem that way... The fact is that this was a comment made in the thread about Tiger and Jack and Erik decided that it would be better to move it to its own thread.. In fact Erik even changed the above post to something that will be perceived as less snarky, so you will never be able to find the above comment from Erik anywhere else on the site except where it was quoted by the original poster.. Can I have my investigator license back now? ;)

Eyad

Ok, maybe my plan to stop using smileys needs to be revised. I probably need them more than others, don't want everyone hating me by Friday. Lol. Here, this is for @Abu3baid - :beer: sorry buddy, I'm sure you'd make a wonderful detective.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Personally I don't see all the snarky remarks that would justify this thread. Apparently you must think they are there, or maybe you just read the tone and intent of a post differently than others.

[quote name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/76036/snark-and-assorted-topics/30_10#post_1026162"] Ok, maybe my plan to stop using smileys needs to be revised. I probably need them more than others, don't want everyone hating me by Friday. Lol. Here, this is for @Abu3baid - :beer: sorry buddy, I'm sure you'd make a wonderful detective.[/quote] Oh come on! I was just having fun with the both of you as it was obvious that you didn't know what took place! But I'm more interested in how both of you must have thought that I'm crazy and I can't even see who posted the original post in the thread!

Eyad

Well, it might seem that way... The fact is that this was a comment made in the thread about Tiger and Jack and Erik decided that it would be better to move it to its own thread.. In fact Erik even changed the above post to something that will be perceived as less snarky, so you will never be able to find the above comment from Erik anywhere else on the site except where it was quoted by the original poster..

Can I have my investigator license back now? ;)

I would still say the OT is the first post in this thread. If a comment is worthy enough to be moved and a new thread created, then it has hence become the OT :whistle:

Yes, I get what you are saying.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I would still say the OT is the first post in this thread. If a comment is worthy enough to be moved and a new thread created, then it has hence become the OT :whistle: Yes, I get what you are saying.

I understand... I was just clarifying why he shouldn't get flack for starting the thread...anyway, moving on back to the original schedules program!

• Upvote 1

Eyad

Note: This thread is 3533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!