IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Browns have decided to stick with Hoyer at QB. As an outside observer, I think this is a good choice. Their only argument to use Manziel is that he can give them a "spark". They need more than that at this point. They are on the cusp of a playoff spot and they have two tough home games coming up that will go a long way to deciding their fate. Hoyer's experience trumps the spark.

Yeah, it's the right call. As much as a bunch of people here hate it.

We need a lot to go right to make the playoffs anyway, and with that kind of pressure...it isn't an ideal situation to throw a rookie into.

Hoyer will start with a SHORT leash. He plays like garbage the first half, and it may be his last half as a starter.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

The Browns have decided to stick with Hoyer at QB. As an outside observer, I think this is a good choice. Their only argument to use Manziel is that he can give them a "spark". They need more than that at this point. They are on the cusp of a playoff spot and they have two tough home games coming up that will go a long way to deciding their fate. Hoyer's experience trumps the spark.

Yeah, it's the right call. As much as a bunch of people here hate it.

We need a lot to go right to make the playoffs anyway, and with that kind of pressure...it isn't an ideal situation to throw a rookie into.

Hoyer will start with a SHORT leash. He plays like garbage the first half, and it may be his last half as a starter.

I think it is better to go with the veteran at this point in the season.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

There are no words.

One of the most dominant defensive performances I've seen in a long time...and our shithead quarterback pisses his pants...

Johnny time.

Ryan M

There are no words.

One of the most dominant defensive performances I've seen in a long time...and our shithead quarterback pisses his pants...

Johnny time.

Completely agree.  There were reports coming out that Hoyer isn't even thinking about staying.  Why would you play out the year with a qb who's already looking at going somewhere else.

Completely agree.  There were reports coming out that Hoyer isn't even thinking about staying.  Why would you play out the year with a qb who's already looking at going somewhere else.

He doesn't have a choice. He's going to get released...and after the last 4-5 weeks, nobody is gonna want him. Maybe as a backup...

Ryan M

He doesn't have a choice. He's going to get released...and after the last 4-5 weeks, nobody is gonna want him. Maybe as a backup...

Someone will take him Cutler got 100 mil. :doh:

Someone will take him Cutler got 100 mil.

Cutler is in another league as far as talent is concerned. He's just lazy, and doesn't care lol. He has no heart.

Ryan M

Cutler is in another league as far as talent is concerned. He's just lazy, and doesn't care lol. He has no heart.

I agree but there is a GM who will give Hoyer a chance at a starting job.  McCown got a job which is a joke if you ask me.  Hoyer's  in that between a starter and a backup category.  Id just like to see what Johnny football can do.  Its not  like they are going to let him sit the bench another year behind a guy who isn't a pro bowler.

Lions will still blow it when it's all said and done.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

It's what they do...just like the Browns.

I'm still reeling from that loss yesterday...

We still have a realistic shot of winning the division, but every loss is a killer.

Need to win out, have Denver beat Cincy (should happen), and Cincy beat Steelers (50/50) and we're in. But winning out is the least likely possibility...bleh.

Ryan M

Detroit isn't the same team as last year. They might miss the playoffs but it won't be because of a melt down. Caldwell has them playing with a different mentality. They will probably be the 6 seed or just miss the playoffs. They lost 2 game at new England and at Arizona which are tough places to play. They have 3 division game to finish their season. If they go 2-1 which they should they will be a wild card.

Erik, The Steelers now control their own destiny, they win out they win the AFC North, and probably get a 3 or 4 seed (maybe a 2 but I doubt it they would need a ton of help from Teams playing New England and Denver for that to happen)... Still want us to clean house?, we got rid of Blount, got Harrison back from retirement, the defense is injured... and we're still 8-5, with Atlanta, KC and Cincy left...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Detroit isn't the same team as last year. They might miss the playoffs but it won't be because of a melt down. Caldwell has them playing with a different mentality. They will probably be the 6 seed or just miss the playoffs. They lost 2 game at new England and at Arizona which are tough places to play. They have 3 division game to finish their season. If they go 2-1 which they should they will be a wild card.

Agreed. 11-5 might miss the playoffs in the NFC though Detroit holds most of the tie-breakers

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Erik,

The Steelers now control their own destiny, they win out they win the AFC North, and probably get a 3 or 4 seed (maybe a 2 but I doubt it they would need a ton of help from Teams playing New England and Denver for that to happen)...

Still want us to clean house?, we got rid of Blount, got Harrison back from retirement, the defense is injured... and we're still 8-5, with Atlanta, KC and Cincy left...

I'm not Erik, but I'm gonna assume he does. Tomlin is not a good coach., Haley is miserable...you guys are as inconsistent as they come...you look like world beaters, and then play like garbage the next game. There's no focus, and I think with the personnel you have now, you're a middling playoff team every year, if that...and it won't get better. I mean, the amount of talent on your team is extraordinary...but it doesn't always look like it.

Just one man's opinion. As a Browns fan, I hope you don't clean house.

Ryan M

It's what they do...just like the Browns. I'm still reeling from that loss yesterday... We still have a realistic shot of winning the division, but every loss is a killer. Need to win out, have Denver beat Cincy (should happen), and Cincy beat Steelers (50/50) and we're in. But winning out is the least likely possibility...bleh.

The Browns could sneak in as the 6 seed at 10-6, but they need a lot more help than just winning out, they would need SD, KC, And The Ravens to falter a little (just a split of their next two games), outside chance the North could still get teams in... Cincinnati is in huge trouble is Cleveland sweeps the battle of Ohio, because the tie against Carolina hurts them, Denver will destroy Cincinnati week 16, sorry Denver's defense is sick, and they're actually running the ball well, Cleveland in a twist of fate, the Dawg pound has actually surprised me, the one team I forgot about in this mess is Buffalo, The AFC is a mess, basically The Broncos and Pats are locks, beyond that you have basically 9 teams fighting for 4 spots, Indy and Houston could both still win the south, All four teams are still alive in the North, Buffalo, KC and the Chargers are fighting for the Wild Cards I was messing around with the Playoff Machine on ESPN, in theory all four teams in the North could be ten win teams, and only Cincinnati and Pittsburgh would get in... Pittsburgh wins against Atlanta and Kansas City they will clinch a playoff berth no matter what happens week 17... Just for the record Pittsburgh has a 7-3 conference record, Cleveland is 5-5 I believe... don't quote me... but right now Pittsburgh holds all AFC North tiebreaker right now with their win yesterday

What's in Shane's Bag?     

The Browns could sneak in as the 6 seed at 10-6, but they need a lot more help than just winning out, they would need SD, KC, And The Ravens to falter a little (just a split of their next two games), outside chance the North could still get teams in... Cincinnati is in huge trouble is Cleveland sweeps the battle of Ohio, because the tie against Carolina hurts them, Denver will destroy Cincinnati week 16, sorry Denver's defense is sick, and they're actually running the ball well, Cleveland in a twist of fate, the Dawg pound has actually surprised me, the one team I forgot about in this mess is Buffalo, The AFC is a mess, basically The Broncos and Pats are locks, beyond that you have basically 9 teams fighting for 4 spots, Indy and Houston could both still win the south, All four teams are still alive in the North, Buffalo, KC and the Chargers are fighting for the Wild Cards

I was messing around with the Playoff Machine on ESPN, in theory all four teams in the North could be ten win teams, and only Cincinnati and Pittsburgh would get in... Pittsburgh wins against Atlanta and Kansas City they will clinch a playoff berth no matter what happens week 17...

Just for the record Pittsburgh has a 7-3 conference record, Cleveland is 5-5 I believe... don't quote me... but right now Pittsburgh holds all AFC North tiebreaker right now with their win yesterday

ESPN playoff machine is wrong with the division.

If the Bengals lose to Denver, and the Steelers lose to the Bengals, all the Browns need to do is win out. That's the most likely scenario. In that scenario, assuming all AFC North teams win their other games, it would be:

Bengals: 9-6-1

Steelers: 10-6-0

Baltimore: 10-6-0

Browns: 10-6-0

So the Bengals would be in last place, with a 3-way tie for first.

However...

First tiebreaker for the division is the division record.

Pittsburgh: 3-3

Baltimore: 2-4

Browns: 4-2

Ryan M

I'm not Erik, but I'm gonna assume he does. Tomlin is not a good coach., Haley is miserable...you guys are as inconsistent as they come...you look like world beaters, and then play like garbage the next game. There's no focus, and I think with the personnel you have now, you're a middling playoff team every year, if that...and it won't get better. I mean, the amount of talent on your team is extraordinary...but it doesn't always look like it. Just one man's opinion. As a Browns fan, I hope you don't clean house.

Agreed maybe LeBeau should be the Head Coach, maybe have Rex Ryan be the DC, find us a good OC and we'll be alright... Inconsistent is right, I hate to say it, we should have beat Tampa and the Jets we at worst should really be 10-3, the Saints game we didn't play a full game... we had lapse in the third quarter which realistically cost us the game... we played our best game of the year yesterday

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Agreed maybe LeBeau should be the Head Coach, maybe have Rex Ryan be the DC, find us a good OC and we'll be alright...

Inconsistent is right, I hate to say it, we should have beat Tampa and the Jets we at worst should really be 10-3, the Saints game we didn't play a full game... we had lapse in the third quarter which realistically cost us the game... we played our best game of the year yesterday

Yup. Browns are the same way.

Should have beaten Jacksonville, Indy, and either Houston or Buffalo...

Ryan M

Note: This thread is 3275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!