• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
Kieran123

First even par on 9 holes

Hi All,

Had come back from a tournament the weekend before, having not broke 90 - given that it is Albertas toughest course....even so I was still disappointed.

Went out with some friends and had a O.K front nine 43. Figured it would be another low-mid 80's round.

AT the turn something changed and I started striking the ball crisp and hitting it where I was aiming......putting got hot and everything fell into place for my first 36 over 9 holes. Missed a 3 footer on the par 3 17th which could've meant 1 under, but am pretty relieved to get this one outta the way - and break 80 in the process

Very cool. I've done it a few times and I'm nerdy enough that I saved the balls. Both times same as you described, golf feels different on those days. Things happen that usually don't and it doesn't feel lucky because it's consistent though the 9 holes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well done!  It is a great feeling when all the pieces fall into place.  Especially nice that is was the 2nd nine so you came through down the stretch rather than folding.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I once shot even par on the front 9 of a pretty tough course -- and then even bogey on the back. By far the most disappointing 81 I've ever recorded.