IGNORED

The Official (Not Official At All) Drugs & Alcohol Thread

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 3554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why do people have to label everything and everybody?

It creates conflict and gets away from any real discussion, which is conflicting enough without labels.

Too many people make assumptions about others ... without knowing anything about them... the evils of the internet. :doh:

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess what I don't understand is why some people want their kids and grandkids growing up in a country where they can buy mind altering, highly

addictive drugs. You want them to be able to readily attain DRUGS !!

Sorry but nothing any of you can say will make me understand this. If this makes me a bad person then I'm as bad as they come.

Because we recognize that our kids and grandkids ALREADY CAN buy mind altering, highly addictive drugs.  We can keep doing what we're doing and shove our head in the sand and pray that something magically changes, which is basically the definition of insanity, OR, perhaps we can proactively start looking at alternatives.

Because we recognize that our kids and grandkids ALREADY CAN buy mind altering, highly addictive drugs.  We can keep doing what we're doing and shove our head in the sand and pray that something magically changes, which is basically the definition of insanity, OR, perhaps we can proactively start looking at alternatives.

The alternative being making it easier to get drugs. The you can already get drugs so lets make them legal argument is pretty lame.

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

I guess what I don't understand is why some people want their kids and grandkids growing up in a country where they can buy mind altering, highly addictive drugs. You want them to be able to readily attain DRUGS !! Sorry but nothing any of you can say will make me understand this. If this makes me a bad person then I'm as bad as they come.

You're not talkin bout weed right?.. If I had kids who were 16 or 17 I would rather them smoking pot than drinking and getting wasted till 4 in the morning. Drinking really ****s you up. I'd feel much more relaxed if my kid was smoking pot, eating a shitload of Doritos, and playing Call of Duty then he/she partying and getting drunk out of his/her's mind...

Riley

You're not talking bout weed right?..

If I had kids who were 16 and 17 I would rather them smoking pot the drinking and getting wasted till 4 in the morning. Drinking really ****s you up. I'd feel much more relaxed if my kid was smoking pot, eating a shitload of Doritos, and playing Call of Duty then he/she partying and getting drunk out of his/her's mind...

I'm not talking about JUST weed, and alot of others aren't either. During this whole debate some of you have been talking strictly about weed. There are those that are for legalization of ALL drugs.

And I don't want to open the door with weed.

And for all that are big on studies, check out the studies on how most drug users started out,

that would be with pot

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

The alternative being making it easier to get drugs. The you can already get drugs so lets make them legal argument is pretty lame.

That's not what I said.  If you want people to take you seriously, then stop calling people names (not me, others) and start reading the posts you are responding to.  Thank you.

Well, I surrender now. Didn't know you were on the debate team. Alot of last place finishes I bet. Like I said........ senseless liberal banter

I wasn't on a debate "team."  And I wasn't using that to suggest that I 'won' anything or whatever.  It was just to point out that at age 40, I'm growing a bit weary, and I get tired of repeating myself in these types of discussions.  So my patience is short.

Also, I'm absolutely not a "liberal" in the modern American use of the word.  Not even close.  If you're Republican, you're actually quite closer to a modern liberal than myself.

And finally, I'm not sure you know the definition of the word banter.

"Witty golf quote."

That's not what I said.  If you want people to take you seriously, then stop calling people names (not me, others) and start reading the posts you are responding to.  Thank you.

Sorry I miss understood, You said what we are doing is not working so lets look at alternatives. I assumed you meant legalization. And if you look back I dont think I was the only one insulting/name calling. I'm just the only one that got called on it

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

I guess what I don't understand is why some people want their kids and grandkids growing up in a country where they can buy mind altering, highly addictive drugs.

You better move out of the United States.

"Witty golf quote."

I wasn't on a debate "team."  And I wasn't using that to suggest that I 'won' anything or whatever.  It was just to point out that at age 40, I'm growing a bit weary, and I get tired of repeating myself in these types of discussions.  So my patience is short.

Also, I'm absolutely not a "liberal" in the modern American use of the word.  Not even close.  If you're Republican, you're actually quite closer to a modern liberal than myself.

First bold sentence - That was some dry humor thrown your way

Second bold sentence- Do to I looked it up

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

Marijuana is a gateway drug? [IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6H0awtvWFbY/T6Uw8Nf35zI/AAAAAAAACmc/_SHbREuyEO4/s1600/yaomingmeme.jpg[/IMG]

Riley

I really don't know what a liberal is, but nobody wants to admit to being one.

I'm an AMERICAN

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

Yeah, the gateway drug thing has been debunked.

Look, if you want to get a good grasp about how the DEA and many branches of government look at the drug war, read Mr. Desmond's earlier post.  They are, in effect, a lobby.  The prosecution of drug offenders is quite literally an industry many times larger than Hollywood.  And they have extra motivation to avoid admitting that their actions not only do not decrease addiction, but destroy lives.  It's because they have pride in their work, however misguided.  Imagine having to admit that your professional life was wasted.  Not only wasted, but a strong net negative.  The DEA (or whatever it's called in the future) will be the last screaming objectors to what will be an eventual end to the drug war.  Whenever that occurs.

"Witty golf quote."

I really don't know what a liberal is, but nobody wants to admit to being one.

I'm an AMERICAN

Then perhaps you should refrain from labeling others as something you can't define.

I'm an American, too.  High five.

"Witty golf quote."

If I had kids that were 16 or 17 there would be Hell to pay for either one. I don't give a crap about marijuana one way or the other as long as it's not around me. The last time I ever even smelled it was coming out from under a stoner's door in the dorm in 1975. The way I see it there are 4 answers. 1. Give MUCH stiffer penalites for drugs. Millions arrested here compared to 400 hanged in Singapore over a 13 year period debunks the "Penalties don't disuade behavior" line. 2. The status quo. Which obviously only costs me tax dollars and stops nothing. Druggies don't even mind doing a little time and getting 3 meals a day and some R&R.; 3. Decriminalize pot in small amounts and at least free up a few of my tax dollars for something worthwhile. 4. Legalize. Hate to even think about how easy it's going to be to purchase and sell to minors then but ought to be interesting. My choice is number 3 reluctantly because we sure are never going to go the Singapore route (thankfully). Even I'm not that hardline.

Lol.  I don't smoke pot but you must keep some odd, very conservative church goin' company if you haven't even smelled pot in nearly four decades.

"Witty golf quote."

Note: This thread is 3554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!