• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazycanuck44

Right hand doing everything

9 posts in this topic

I've been trying to get my left hand to do more at impact and when I do practice swings I feel the left being more dominant but as soon as I hit the ball my right hand takes over... Very frustrating, when I over do it I pull it big time. Hope I can get this solved with some input here..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Hmm no thoughts huh. Might as well delete this post then moderator.:~(

I've been trying to get my left hand to do more at impact and when I do practice swings I feel the left being more dominant but as soon as I hit the ball my right hand takes over... Very frustrating, when I over do it I pull it big time. Hope I can get this solved with some input here..

Post a swing here

http://thesandtrap.com/f/4180/member-swings

The fix isn't to add more left hand, it's to figure out the reason your right hand "takes over", most likely a Key 1 or 2 issue.

Introduction to the PureStrike/5 Simple Keys® (5SK) Learning System

Ok will do tyvm for the reply. :-D

As a short term thing, I have taken my right hand pointer finger off the grip. Kind of straightened it out. It's the pointer finger that clamps down.

As a short term thing, I have taken my right hand pointer finger off the grip. Kind of straightened it out. It's the pointer finger that clamps down.

if the first bone (from the palm) of both forefingers point to the ground at address, its not a bad thing.

if the first bone (from the palm) of both forefingers point to the ground at address, its not a bad thing.

Yep. really quiets an overactive right hand.

Yep. really quiets an overactive right hand.

Again a right hand will be "overactive" if the sequencing is off, Key 1 and 2 are off. A style of grip can only do so much to combat a high overtaking rate.

Just a thought that helps me (sometimes). ;-)

I think more in terms of leading with a certain part of my right hand (even as hard as I can) instead of letting it rotate counter-clockwise randomly and/or flip at it.

The feel for me is like I am slapping something with the upper pad of my hand leading and keeping the lower part of my palm that joins my fingers back.