IGNORED

Bushnell Tour V3 Slope Edition $305.98 - Worth it?

Note: This thread is 3683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Great device love mine. But no not a great deal, got one on eBay for $262 shipped.

Oops I didn't see the slope part. Mine is the V3 Tour, that is 262 shipped.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just noticed the Bushnell Tour V3 Slope Edition is $305.98 on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B00AHPQB42

Besides the fact you can't post any rounds to your handicap when you use it. I don't see the significance of using slope anyways. I think the adjustment depends more on flight trajectory. I rather just make the judgement call myself. In that regard, you can get the normal Tour V3 for $299 off amazon.

Rule 14-3

Rangefinders and other Electronic Distance Measuring Devices

Q.  Is it legal under the Rules of Golf to use a Rangefinder or other Electronic Distance Measuring device?

A.  The use of a distance-measuring device is a breach of Rule 14-3, which states that during a stipulated round, the player shall not use any artificial device or unusual equipment for the purpose of gauging or measuring distance or conditions which might affect his play (Rule 14-3).

The USGA Handicap System requires players to post scores made when a device which measures distance only has been used (regardless of whether the Committee has adopted the Local Rule described below). Scores made while using a device which measures other conditions which might affect play (e.g., wind speed or the slope of the ground) are not acceptable for Handicapping purposes. Please refer to Section 5-1 of the USGA Handicap System Manual regarding acceptable scores. USGA Handicap Home Page

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'd try to find the version without slope, but otherwise that's a pretty good deal.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Great device love mine. But no not a great deal, got one on eBay for $262 shipped.

Oops I didn't see the slope part. Mine is the V3 Tour, that is 262 shipped.

I figured it wasn't the slope for $262. Thanks for the reply.

A range finder is one of the best investments in your game that you can make...  As many others said, I recommend the non-slope version...  I have the Tour V2 and love it!!

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Note: This thread is 3683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!