IGNORED

My Swing (jamiesmith900)

jamiesmith900
Note: This thread is 2981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, billchao said:

@jamiesmith900 you know there are lots of other cool places on this site you can post on that aren't just related to your swing, right?

Indeed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@jamiesmith900

You have to be patient with changes. They can take a while. Focus on the first priority piece because it will help make the next one easier to conquer. Try not to get side tracked with magazine tips too.

I recommend you film your practice even if it just the slow motion drills. And practice in front of a mirror even without club. Ask questions on feelings because each of us feel something different. It could take several weeks to nail down keeping your head relatively steady. Don't get discouraged.

Check out the rest of the site too. Lot's of fun stuff there. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I recommend you film your practice even if it just the slow motion drills.

Agree.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

@jamiesmith900

You have to be patient with changes. They can take a while. Focus on the first priority piece because it will help make the next one easier to conquer. Try not to get side tracked with magazine tips too.

I recommend you film your practice even if it just the slow motion drills. And practice in front of a mirror even without club. Ask questions on feelings because each of us feel something different. It could take several weeks to nail down keeping your head relatively steady. Don't get discouraged.

Thank you so much for advice I'm working so much on knees and centred pivot

It feels like I'm keeping head still but the camera says different just taking one step at time I'm taking everything told on here on board I practice lots every day really so it will take a lot of work to ingrain new stuff as I've practiced badly for so long now my muscle memory only knows bad stuff I'm patient though will get through it:-D I just want to enjoy getting around a course like I used to shooting high 80s low 90s but with this s***k I won't say word lol I'm in 130-140 strokes maybe more at times got from now until May before I get out in summer golf so hopefully get something going to enjoy a round thanks so much guys.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Gonna repeat that one more time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, jamiesmith900 said:

Playing course in a an hour or so

any thoughts I should have to help me get around? Does my swing look any better guys?

It is tough to tell. The camera angle should be aligned with your feet. It still looks like you are coming over the top and will have pulls or slices.

Scott

My Swing Thread

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

It is tough to tell. The camera angle should be aligned with your feet. It still looks like you are coming over the top and will have pulls or slices.

Thanks I really feel more central knees working good but I can feel I'm coming over the top I almost feel my right elbow on takeaway pulls back like pulling lawn mower starter instead of folding I'm not sure though you guys will know more I can feel resistance on my trigger finger early in down swing but my central pivot is tons better 

Hi 

Could an early right arm fold cause over the top swing due to not making right shoulder turn? I've got my swing on my swing worked on central pivot and knees but still horrid over the top.

I feel my right arm is so dominant from the top. I start my swing from the ground up but my right arm folds very early and sort of backwards? Any one know any good drills to go with my central pivot drills? Many thanks

5 hours ago, jamiesmith900 said:

Hi 

Could an early right arm fold cause over the top swing due to not making right shoulder turn? I've got my swing on my swing worked on central pivot and knees but still horrid over the top.

I feel my right arm is so dominant from the top. I start my swing from the ground up but my right arm folds very early and sort of backwards? Any one know any good drills to go with my central pivot drills? Many thanks

Work on the centered backswing drills and even post a video of yourself doing the drill. That will help with the OTT path. Then you move on to the next piece. A good face on view and down the line view will help. I know it's hard from hitting bays, but even hitting into a net in the backyard will help.

Scott

My Swing Thread

6 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Work on the centered backswing drills and even post a video of yourself doing the drill. That will help with the OTT path. Then you move on to the next piece. A good face on view and down the line view will help. I know it's hard from hitting bays, but even hitting into a net in the backyard will help.

Ok thanks buddy will work on that I'm doing a couple of hours every day on central pivot so should be enough then I will ask for next steps cheers

Note: This thread is 2981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!