IGNORED

Mini Tour Play

Ben
Note: This thread is 1581 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
well they need to so they can show thier handicaps for quailifiers for the open and stuff other than that i think they dont need it.

No, pros don't have to show their handicaps. Only amateurs do.

http://usga.usopen.com/2009/qualifyi...ity.html?nid=4

Source: USGA Rules for Qualifying Entries are open to professional golfers and amateur golfers with an up-to-date men’s Handicap Index® not exceeding 1.4 under the USGA Handicap System™

BTW, the way that's read (and enforced), it's not "(pros and ams) WITH < 1.4" it's "pros and (ams with < 1.4)".

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

dumb question. is there any reason for a pro to maintain a handicap? does it matter if you are +2.5, +1 or +5?

I keep it for when I play with members from my club or friends. They want all the strokes they can get. Also keep it just for me. Wanna see where I am.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Hey so does anyone know much about The minor league golf tour in Florida? Thats in my winter plans hopefuly.

I am actually quite familiar with it, have quite a few friends who play in it and probably going to join next season myself. The level of play is pretty good but the fields are not big at all, played at most of the better tracks down here and none play overly long . The prize pool is decent, they also play a skins game during the tourneys so birdies/eagles/etc pay handsomely. The cool part is the chance to get your entrance to Q School paid for if you play well throughout the season (not sure if it is exclusively for winning certain tourneys or kind of like a "fed ex cup" points system). Not sure if that is what you wanted to know or not, regardless feel free to get at me if you have specific questions. When you do come down here let me know and I'll put you in touch with my buddies on it.

In my all black Four 5:
909 D2 9.5 Harrison Saga 60 X
909 F2 13.5 Harrison Saga 70 X
909 H 19 Stock VooDoo S
AP2 710 3-PW Project X 6.5 Spin Milled C-C 54 & 58 California Del Mar Penta SYNR-G 1600 TEHomecourse(s): Crandon GC 76.2/145/7301

What course are you at? I'm in Ripon, North Yorkshire, so I may have played it!

That is a great idea, not very mainstream though for a reality tv show lol! I played my last 2 events at Fulford Golf Club and Bradford Golf Club. I finished 4th at Fulford with 72 and 15th at Bradford with a 72. I've never played Ripon before but I've played a few courses over that side like Fixby, Selby, Alwoodley. Very nice

Driver - Nike Sumo SQ 8.5 degree AldilaVS Proto
Fairawy wood - Titleist 903f2 Vodoo
Irons - Titleist Z Blend Forged Project X 5.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2Ball - Pro V1

Ah putting. What a pain in the face!

Played a Golden State Tour event at The Golf Club of California today. Shot 4 over, 76. http://www.thegolfclubofcalifornia.com/

Started the day with a tap in birdie on 1. From there I missed from 12' for biride on 2, relatively easy, straight-forward putt. Then went on to miss from about 6' on 3. That putt was a little trickier, but 6', come on. Also missed a 14'er on 8 which I left just short, right in the heart. Hooray! Oh, I almost forgot to mention the two closies I missed on 10 and 11. a couple of nice 2 footers. Great!

My driver kind of abondoned me on two holes as well. Had to take an unplayable on one, and the other just left me in a horendous spot.

The good news, other than the missed putts and a few wayward drives. I played quite well. Kept my cool when things were going wrong and did manage to drain a putt for birdie on the last from about 40 feet. Total Steve Stricker style. Funny thing, I was telling myself, "I really need a Stricker bomb here" and sure enough. Also, this course is really fun to play. It's been a while since I've found a nice course I like as much as this place. Check the link posted above.

Stupid game!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Ah putting. What a pain in the face!

Hey Ben, when is your next event? I was lucky last week, as all my tournaments have finished for the season, the golf club I work at allowed me to play in a club competition last Saturday, as it was just a winter special they said I could play but off a unofficail handicap of plus 5 lol! It was all 4 scores to count strokeplay. I played in a team with my dad and a couple of his mates. Its par 67, my dad shot 77 less 11 handicap nett 66, our friend Pete shot 84 less 12 nett 72. I played well and shot 4 under par 63 plus 5 handicap nett 68. So we only needed Terry to have a half decent round....he finished with 89 gross!! Less 7 handicap nett 82! Fair to say we didn't win anything lol. I was playing quite steady, I was 2 under par after 9, everything was going to plan but then i 3 putted the 155 yard par 3 10th and then 3 putted the 235 yard par 3 11th hole from about 50 feet to go back to level. I felt a little disappointed but knew I had some good chance for birdie coming up. I made a nice birdie 3 on the 310 yard 12th hole, another birdie 3 on the 270 yard 13th and then made it 3 in a row with a nice 2 on the 215 yard par 3 14th. Hit a solid 3 iron to about 20 feet there and rolled a nice breaking putt in. The 15th is the toughest hole on the course its 466 par 4, I hit a poor drive out to the right which left me a long way back, I hit a good 3 iron that came up a little short, hit a poor chip to about 12 feet and held a really good left to right putt. The 16th is 130 yard par 3 that runs alongside the river, i hit a nice pitching wedge to 3 feet and sank the putt. I made 2 poor pars on 17 and 18 from good positions but all in all very happy with the score. I don't have anything to play in til February so i'm just working on my swing mechanics, strenght training, fitness and short game til then. Sounds like your on the right track with your game Ben, just need a bit of luck on the greens. As we all do Keep positive mate.

Driver - Nike Sumo SQ 8.5 degree AldilaVS Proto
Fairawy wood - Titleist 903f2 Vodoo
Irons - Titleist Z Blend Forged Project X 5.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2Ball - Pro V1

Hey Ben, when is your next event?

Sorry to hear that you buddy failed your team. haha. Did he at least buy a round of drinks?

Anyway, I'm pretty packed with events the next couple of months. My next is Monday at Carlton Oaks in Santee, CA . Near San Diego. This place plays host to 2nd Stage of PGA Tour Q School, and totally has my number! I was hesitant to play, firstly because I just don't score there. Secondly because it is a bit of a journey to get there, 2 hours. It sucks to drive such a way only to play bad. But, I am not going to set myself up for disaster. I need to get over the hump on this place. To play at the level we play at, I know I am going to need to get over this mental block.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 3 weeks later...
any updates? or are things starting to slow down for the year.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Things are still going. Just have a couple of weeks off. The next couple of Mondays will start to get busy. Thanks for asking.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

absoutely bud. can't wait to hear.

What's In My Bag?
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

did you decide against going to Japan?
Bag: Three Five Yellow
Driver: 905R 9.5 Degree, Fujikawa Shaft Shift
3-Wood: Sumo2 15 degree
Hybrids 19 and 21 degree
Irons tour x-20 (5-PW)Wedges vokey 52.08,56.14, 60.04Putter circa 62 #1: Pro V1Where I usually play: Rush Creek

did you decide against going to Japan?

Eh, kinda. Japan kinda decided against me. Long story short, it just didn't work out. I'm looking at Thailand for Asian Tour QSchool in January. Gotta send my entry form in. I should make that happen tomorrow.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

So today was California State Open qualifying. Held at Sobabo Springs, where the Nationwide Tour played last month. http://www.sobobaspringscc.com/countryclub.php

Finished at Even par, T-16th (of 109plus that played). Played pretty solid. Had an awkward start. Par on the 1st. Bogeyed 2 and 3 because I hit my tee shot in the water on each hole. But I made some nice up and downs for those bogeys. So, although I lost a shot on each, I felt good because I kept it to a minimum. Then, my driving turned around and I put a good stretch of holes together. The bogey on 15 was just kinda, whatever. But continued on to finish with two strong pars, then missing out on a easy birdie on 18. Practically chipped in for eagle which stopped 2 feet, and I went on to miss my only putt of the day, a 2 footer, hahaa. Its all good though. Even if I'd have made the cut to play in the open, I can't play because my boss is going on vacation this week. Just wanted to play to get into competition. See how I could do. I'll take the results.

The golf course looked somewhat demanding on paper, (7101 yards - 73.3 / 131) and was quite fun to play. Course conditions couldn't have been nicer. Weather was a perfect, 85*, maybe higher.

I tied my buddy Sam. He's been beating me in these qualifiers. My 18 year old buddy that's been golifng pretty heavily since I've known him, when he was 15. We made the trip down together the night before. It was a really fun couple of days. That kid is goofy. But the same kind of goofy I was when I was his age.

Here's the leaderboard:

http://scpga.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/s...eaderboard.htm

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Well, its official. Yesterday I sent in my entry form and fees for 2010 Asian Tour Q School. First stage is Jan 6-9, Second stage the following week. Now I gotta find cheap airfare.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I know it's about 2 months off still ... but I wish you very very very good luck.. I know this has to be an exciting and stressful time for you !!

What's In My Bag?

Well, its official. Yesterday I sent in my entry form and fees for 2010 Asian Tour Q School. First stage is Jan 6-9, Second stage the following week. Now I gotta find cheap airfare.

Play well. If there's anything I can do to help you while you're still in So Cal, please let me know.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm sure you wont need it but good luck anyway. We'll all be thinking of you and following your progress... plus I'll be able to talk about how I beat that Asian tour player on a par 3 at Empire Lakes lol

All the best...
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Note: This thread is 1581 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!