IGNORED

2014-2015 NBA Season

Slice of Life
Note: This thread is 2984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would root for the Bulls if Noah wasn't on their team. Guy is a twat.

GSW looking so good.

I think a GSW/Cavs finals would be amazing. I'm hoping Kyrie gets back to full health ASAP.

I'm a Miami fan but GSW are my next favourite, so GO WARRIORS!

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Time for Kyrie to sit for 2 full weeks and try to get healthy.

This series is over.

"Hawks in 5" :blink:

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Combination of falling apart, Carrolls injury, Smith and Shumpert having the game of their lives, and bron getting every call (flagarant 1, really?) mafe this series where it is today. But do not thonk for a second that the cavs will beat the warriors

Combination of falling apart, Carrolls injury, Smith and Shumpert having the game of their lives, and bron getting every call (flagarant 1, really?) mafe this series where it is today. But do not thonk for a second that the cavs will beat the warriors

Combination of excuses lol Flagrant foul because he didn't even attempt to make a play on the ball.

Ryan M

Ya it's too bad the ATL/CLE series looks like it's over. Korver is out for the playoffs, Carroll is playing injured, and the Hawks offence hasn't looked too good the whole playoffs.

I thought this was a good article by Zach Lowe which among other things goes into detail on how the Cavs are defending the Hawks.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/eight-things-to-watch-for-this-weekend-in-the-nba-conference-finals/

Ya it's too bad the ATL/CLE series looks like it's over. Korver is out for the playoffs, Carroll is playing injured, and the Hawks offence hasn't looked too good the whole playoffs.

I thought this was a good article by Zach Lowe which among other things goes into detail on how the Cavs are defending the Hawks.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/eight-things-to-watch-for-this-weekend-in-the-nba-conference-finals/

Yeah, shame about Korver.

I really thought it would be a better series...hell, anything can happen still...but it doesn't look good for ATL. That's why I laughed when people picked the Hawks in 4 or 5 games. They don't have the Cavs talent...not even close.

The Warriors on the other hand...

Ryan M

Flagrant 2 on Horford was a bad call - then throwing in a technical on Dellevadova ( spelling? ) was even more stupid.

Nice triple double from James though. Especially after missing his first 10.

Flagrant 2 on Horford was a bad call - then throwing in a technical on Dellevadova ( spelling? ) was even more stupid.

I can see the flagrant 2. Dropping an elbow on a guy is not acceptable. I don't think he should be suspended another game though.

What I don't understand is how anyone is making Dellavedova out to be the bad guy there. Horford had his arm locked and then pulled him down to the ground. How is that Delly's fault? Same with the Korver play...clean basketball hustle play.

Also, the hawks fans blaming the NBA and refs saying they rigged it are hilarious. Like the NBA enjoys watching a lopsided sweep in the Eastern Conference Finals. They're losing millions of dollars...

Ryan M

It was a Flagrant 2. That elbow move was not in the act of falling. It looked very deliberate on the part of Horford. If it looks any part deliberate the NBA will lay the hammer down on the foul and suspension. It might have look clumsy because he lost his balance, but he had no need to try to hit the cavs player with the elbow.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Dellavedova's technical explained:

"We felt that he made contact with his head and shoulders into the knee area of Horford, so we ruled that a liveball physical taunt technical foul," referee Ken Mauer said to a pool reporter."

Basically calling it a deliberate move.

The whole 'above the shoulder' ruling is stupid in this case. If Horford gets a flagrant 2 for a deliberate elbow above the shoulders, and Del gets a technical for a deliberate move at the knees and gets a technical, there's an issue.

NBA players cherish there knees and ankles.

I'm not saying Del did it on purpose ( I don't think he did with either Korver or Horford ) but the refs are saying he did.

Dellavedova's technical explained:

"We felt that he made contact with his head and shoulders into the knee area of Horford, so we ruled that a liveball physical taunt technical foul," referee Ken Mauer said to a pool reporter."

Basically calling it a deliberate move.

The whole 'above the shoulder' ruling is stupid in this case. If Horford gets a flagrant 2 for a deliberate elbow above the shoulders, and Del gets a technical for a deliberate move at the knees and gets a technical, there's an issue.

NBA players cherish there knees and ankles.

I'm not saying Del did it on purpose ( I don't think he did with either Korver or Horford ) but the refs are saying he did.

Watch this:

The media wants storylines...making Cleveland out to be dirty is a great storyline.

How can anyone watch this and say that Delly was even 1% in the wrong here? Seriously?

• Upvote 1
Ryan M

Watch this:

The media wants storylines...making Cleveland out to be dirty is a great storyline.

How can anyone watch this and say that Delly was even 1% in the wrong here? Seriously?

It clearly shows Delly being dragged down, then you can see Horford raising his elbow up. It was a clear attempt to elbow Delly.

I give Horford a F in elbow drop execution. He needs to give The Rock a call in how to perform a good elbow drop. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

That angle especially, but in all the angles you could see it wasn't intentional.

I don;t think he did it on purpose, but the technical he was given basically says the refs think he did it on purpose.

That angle especially, but in all the angles you could see it wasn't intentional.

I don;t think he did it on purpose, but the technical he was given basically says the refs think he did it on purpose.

Yeah I didn't understand the technical at all. They had to have seen that replay 10+ times...

Ryan M

It clearly shows Delly being dragged down, then you can see Horford raising his elbow up. It was a clear attempt to elbow Delly.

I give Horford a F in elbow drop execution. He needs to give The Rock a call in how to perform a good elbow drop.

Ryan M

The elbow drop was intentional. There was no need for him to raise the elbow. It didn't serve any purpose to brace himself for falling. He could have braced his fall by using his hands and not even come close to landing on Delly that much. He raised up and slammed down on top of him.

As for Delly hitting Korver, that was just a hustle play that was a bit aggressive. You see that type of diving around tons of times in NCAA basketball on a loose ball. It was just a bad break that Korver got hurt on it. That is Delly's style. He's a gritty, going to play 110%, and be scrappy. I have no problem with that type of play.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

The elbow drop was intentional. There was no need for him to raise the elbow. It didn't serve any purpose to brace himself for falling. He could have braced his fall by using his hands and not even come close to landing on Delly that much. He raised up and slammed down on top of him.

As for Delly hitting Korver, that was just a hustle play that was a bit aggressive. You see that type of diving around tons of times in NCAA basketball on a loose ball. It was just a bad break that Korver got hurt on it. That is Delly's style. He's a gritty, going to play 110%, and be scrappy. I have no problem with that type of play.

I think you're confused as to what my opinion on this is.

I think you're confused as to what my opinion on this is.

Mayhaps

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 2984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!