IGNORED

My Swing (Kalaz)

kalaz
Note: This thread is 3449 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do I understand it correctly?

Basically yes. Flare that right foot out and turn your hips a little more. If your hips stall you're going to have to early extend to try and swing out/swing less across the ball.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Progress done today. Club is 5 iron

Down the line:

Face on:

After implementing tips from you and my Pro I feel more confident with the swing so I switched to 5 iron instead of usual 6 iron.

My thoughts what is still bad:

• Looks like I am coming over the top a bit because my backswing is maybe too steep. But I think its not massive anymore right?
  • I am overswinging, I should shorten my backswing
  • From face on: It seems my head moves to the left too much in the backswing. I think this will be fixed if I pay more attention to my setup. I should setup slight leaning away from the target
  • It looks like I am chicken winging still a bit

What do you think guys about the shoulder turn!? Is this more what you had in mind or should I reread your posts?

After implementing tips from you and my Pro I feel more confident with the swing so I switched to 5 iron instead of usual 6 iron.

Looks like I am coming over the top a bit because my backswing is maybe too steep. But I think its not massive anymore right?

I am overswinging, I should shorten my backswing

From face on: It seems my head moves to the left too much in the backswing. I think this will be fixed if I pay more attention to my setup. I should setup slight leaning away from the target

It looks like I am chicken winging still a bit

What do you think guys about the shoulder turn!? Is this more what you had in mind or should I reread your posts?

My guess is this in bold above is your priority piece (mentioned by mvmac early on- Key#1). I'd think that the tips on this forum about a centered hip turn would be useful. If you stay centered, you head shouldn't have as much lateral movement.  (Again, see my previous caveats: I have little clue what I'm talking about- I'm just another guy aspiring to know what I'm talking about).

Your swing still looks way too good to be 33 HCP!!!  Looking good to me.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

, you head shouldn't have as much lateral movement.

From the face on video it seems my hips rotate well. The problem is that I tilt my torso from the target on backswing which moves head to the left.

Looks like I am coming over the top a bit because my backswing is maybe too steep. But I think its not massive anymore right?

I am overswinging, I should shorten my backswing

From face on: It seems my head moves to the left too much in the backswing. I think this will be fixed if I pay more attention to my setup. I should setup slight leaning away from the target

It looks like I am chicken winging still a bit

I don't think you're wrong with what you're seeing but IMO a lot of those issues are stemming from your pivot. You need to move the left shoulder down longer. I would first start with with bowing the knees out a little at address. Your knees are rotated inward and this restricts how your knees can work. If the knees are restricted, the shoulders will be restricted. More here:

Same arm positions on the backswing but notice how the left shoulder has traveled down a little longer with the golfer in the right pic and how this allows the golfer to turn more earlier.

Good video for you to check out

When the left side doesn't "bend" long enough the head will move too far to the right.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I don't think you're wrong with what you're seeing but IMO a lot of those issues are stemming from your pivot. You need to move the left shoulder down longer. I would first start with with bowing the knees out a little at address. Your knees are rotated inward and this restricts how your knees can work. If the knees are restricted, the shoulders will be restricted. More here:

Thanks for really detailed description mvmac. I will try to flare right foot more and fix the head. I will report back when I fix it.

I wouldn't say it is becoming less hands oriented, but more in terms of getting the hands, arms and torso to all work together in the correct way.

Yes that makes sense, I can see that the plane of my hands is much steeper than the shoulder plane. Nevertheless, I will start with what mvmac suggested and will get back to this issue later. Thanks for looking at my swing!

Your swing still looks way too good to be 33 HCP!!!  Looking good to me.

My short game from < 50 meters is complete disaster. I just love to practice my full swing, which is not the best strategy for low score though ;-)

@kalaz

You can multi-quote by clicking the multi button on the first post you want to quote and quote on the subsequent posts.  That condenses your responses into to one post.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I read about the monkey attitude and decided to put more emphasis on practice. So I am setting my goal to hit 2000 balls with the feeling of my shoulders and hips turning more. 300 recorded today.

I read about the monkey attitude and decided to put more emphasis on practice. So I am setting my goal to hit 2000 balls with the feeling of my shoulders and hips turning more. 300 recorded today.

Good practice isn't just about hitting a bunch of balls. Being a stupid monkey is about focusing on your priority piece, but it's also about practicing correctly. A good read for you: [CONTENTEMBED=/t/54840/simple-specific-slow-short-and-success-the-five-s-s-of-great-practice layout=inline]​[/CONTENTEMBED]

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Good practice isn't just about hitting a bunch of balls. Being a stupid monkey is about focusing on your priority piece, but it's also about practicing correctly. A good read for you:

In the past I would've read that thread, I would've analyzed it and listed main takeaways from it. However since now I am stupid ( :blink: ) I cannot understand the content of that post you linked and so I can only hit zilions of balls focusing on my top priority swing problem. Sorry :blink:

• Administrator

In the past I would've read that thread, I would've analyzed it and listed main takeaways from it. However since now I am stupid () I cannot understand the content of that post you linked and so I can only hit zilions of balls focusing on my top priority swing problem. Sorry

Read the thread please. Just hitting 300 or 2000 balls is not the best way to practice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have read the article. Makes sense but I still have to hit balls to get better right? 200 yesterday 100 today, 1400 to go.

I had to laugh when I saw this post..

I have another suggestion.. How about you video tape your self doing the actual drill and post it to get confirmation that you are actually doing the drill correctly?

Then at the range, video tape your self doing the drill with a ball hitting it going 1/8 the normal speed and hitting 1 ball every 3-4 minutes

You might only get through 35 - 40 balls during the session, but it will get you a lot better results than hitting 200 or 100 or 1000 balls at full speed (I'm assuming you are hitting them at full speed though)

Think about it.. You have a good base to go off, no need to prolong your improvement.

• Upvote 1

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• Administrator

I have read the article. Makes sense but I still have to hit balls to get better right? 200 yesterday 100 today, 1400 to go.

You're missing the point: it's not a ball count that matters. It's doing it properly, thoughtfully, and making changes.

I can often get more out of five balls than someone else can get out of 50.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You're missing the point: it's not a ball count that matters. It's doing it properly, thoughtfully, and making changes.

I can often get more out of five balls than someone else can get out of 50.

Ok I will try what you suggest. Actually I would be happy if I could fix issues with less balls (and probably less time). Will focus more on video and on seing the change.

Note: This thread is 3449 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!