IGNORED

Wow, Tiger got Dissed by Dan Jenkins?

Gunther
Note: This thread is 3379 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52 View Post

No, I am not. I am suggesting that he didn't help himself or his image by bringing this to the forefront.

Originally Posted by iacas View Post

How do you know that?

What part of "I am suggesting" don't you understand? I don't think he helped himself. His indiscretions are back on the front page, primarily because of his rant. GD had pulled the link a week earlier but obviously had to put it back up again after Tiger's response. Tiger probably would have been better off ignoring it or saying something like, hey, Ben Hogan is overrated. You apparently think differently. So sue me.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52 View Post

And when he was winning all those tournaments, I was as much a fan as anybody else. As far as who he really is, he had me fooled like everybody else and, sorry, now I resent that. He is a fraud, plain and simple. Great golfer, arguably the best ever, but a fraud.

So what? Why do you care? Why do you resent your own gullibility or your own caring about off-the-course behavior and actions? Did Tiger screw your daughter or something? Why do you choose to be offended by Tiger's non-golf-related stuff

Umm . .  because I don't like frauds? Apparently you don't mind. That's your choice.

Quote:

which seem to be behind him.

And you know this, How? :-\

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Your post was malformed. Tried to fix it, realized it wasn't worth the time.

Good job cutting stuff out and cherry-picking the lines to which you wanted to respond. :doh:

1. You don't even know enough to suggest that this has hurt Tiger. Your opinion was made up before this, and hasn't changed. There are others like you. I haven't seen a single person say "I thought Tiger was cool before, but now… not so much." You can "suggest" stuff all you want, but this is akin to suggesting the sky is brown and purple zebra striped.

2. I don't care about Tiger's off-the-course stuff. I didn't "buy into" his image - it was irrelevant. You apparently were gullible enough to not only care, but to buy into it. So if you should not like anything, or anybody, might I suggest you dislike your own gullibility here?

3. As for it being behind him, has anything come up? Have we heard that Tiger's continuing to be anything but a good father and boyfriend? Has there been any proof of this? Can't prove a negative… but the absence of any evidence that he has not learned from and improved his off-the-course life (about which only one of the two of us care at all, and it's not me) is telling. Telling enough to say "seem to be".

How about, as the NY Times comment said, Arnie's infidelity or Jack's racism? Should we bring those up now, because they were once true?

Even if you were gullible enough to buy into something, how about you forgive two people: Tiger, and yourself, for caring about what a pro athlete does away from the sport?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1. No, I am not. I am suggesting that he didn't help himself or his image by bringing this to the forefront with his 600 word rant. What Jenkins did was unnecessarily cruel but, unfortunately for Tiger, there was truth in everything that was in that piece. That is a sad fact.

2. I don't know what that even means. If I am working at a golf tournament I certainly don't expect players to personally engage me and, whether they do or not, it wouldn't paint what I think of them as a person. They all have their own way of going about their business and that is their workplace. The only player I think might really be like the way he is with the public is Vijay Singh (complete prick), but I don't know that for a fact.

3. I never "met" Tiger. I ran into him at golf tournaments inside the ropes and he was fine. I believe I explained what I expect from them in the workplace in the above response. And when he was winning all those tournaments, I was as much a fan as anybody else. As far as who he really is, he had me fooled like everybody else and, sorry, now I resent that. He is a fraud, plain and simple. Great golfer, arguably the best ever, but a fraud.

He doesn't. He is who he is. I don't expect him to change.

1. Who doesn't know the past about Tiger? No all of it was truth necessarily, some of it was hearsay and made up. There you go with the distortion of facts.

2. You only know public Tiger. You don't know anything private so how do you know that his wife didn't say it was okay to have other women and screwed him on the deal when she wanted a divorce.... That is it we don't know. Open marriages are not uncommon but may not fit into your opinion.

3. I don't recall Tiger ever making a speech on the sanctity of marriage or anything else so how do you classify him as a fraud. He is a golfer professionally and a human being everywhere else. Why can't you get that part. Millions upon millions cheat on their spouses. You probably have a close friend that is a fraud because he knows you are holier than thou and if he told you he cheated on an ex you would have a tirade.

The only person Tiger needs to change for is himself, and that is only if "he" feels he should. I don't expect you to change either, you can be as close minded as you want to be...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I think phan would be surprised at the number of trophy wives who are fine with their husbands cheating on them so long as it doesnt blow back in their faces and embarrass them-They are happy to spend the millions and live a carefree work-free life. Elin could have very well gone along with it until she had the opportunity to cash out for a few hundred mill.[quote name="Valleygolfer" url="/t/78220/wow-tiger-got-dissed-by-dan-jenkins/108#post_1077195"]2. You only know public Tiger. You don't know anything private so how do you know that his wife didn't say it was okay to have other women and screwed him on the deal when she wanted a divorce.... That is it we don't know. Open marriages are not uncommon but may not fit into your opinion. [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Quote:
2. I don't care about Tiger's off-the-course stuff. I didn't "buy into" his image. You apparently were gullible enough to not only care, but to buy into it. So if you should not like anything, or anybody, might I suggest you dislike yourself and your own gullibility on this?

You use the word gullible. OK, maybe true. But what reason did I have to believe that he wasn't who he made himself out to be, the sweet pictures with his happy wife and family? It was almost too good to be true . . oh wait . . . never mind.

Quote:
3. As for it being behind him, has anything come up? Have we heard that Tiger's continuing to be anything but a good father and boyfriend? Has there been any proof of this? Can't prove a negative… but the absence of any evidence that he has not learned from and improved his off-the-course life (about which only one of the two of us care at all, and it's not me) is telling. Telling enough to say "seem to be".

There's an ancient saying about Tiger's and their stripes. Look it up. I am just not going to be fooled by him anymore.

I hope he gets his golf mojo back. He is good for golf in that respect.

Bill M

I think phan would be surprised at the number of trophy wives who are fine with their husbands cheating on them so long as it doesnt blow back in their faces and embarrass them-They are happy to spend the millions and live a carefree work-free life. Elin could have very well gone along with it until she had the opportunity to cash out for a few hundred mill.

Exactly. I have said this multiple times. We just don't know the 3 sides...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

1. Who doesn't know the past about Tiger? No all of it was truth necessarily, some of it was hearsay and made up. There you go with the distortion of facts.

2. You only know public Tiger. You don't know anything private so how do you know that his wife didn't say it was okay to have other women and screwed him on the deal when she wanted a divorce .... That is it we don't know. Open marriages are not uncommon but may not fit into your opinion.

Wow. Seriously? Is that your spin on this affair (no pun intended)?

Quote:
I don't expect you to change either, you can be as close minded as you want to be...

And you can be as open minded as you wish as well. Tell your wife about it, I am sure she will understand. Oh, and Tiger thanks you for your support.

Bill M

And you can be as open minded as you wish as well. Tell your wife about it, I am sure she will understand. Oh, and Tiger thanks you for your support.

Do you need to be spoon fed? I am outlining that you do not know the truth about anything...

Nice come back on that last line. Don't quit your day job. Not my fault you live in a vacuum...

• Administrator
You use the word gullible. OK, maybe true. But what reason did I have to believe that he wasn't who he made himself out to be, the sweet pictures with his happy wife and family? It was almost too good to be true . . oh wait . . . never mind.

So again, how is your caring and gullibility his fault? Why did you ever care about any of his off-the-course stuff?

You hate Tiger Woods… because of off-the-course stuff. WHY? Seems to me most of your anger should be directed at your own stupidity/gullibility. Did you lose money because Tiger personally said to you that he was squeaky clean and would never cheat on Elin? Again, what's it to you? Why do you care so much about someone else's personal life to the point where you're happy when someone takes him down another peg (doubly so if, in your opinion, the person doing that is himself)?

There's an ancient saying about Tiger's and their stripes. Look it up. I am just not going to be fooled by him anymore.

Some of us never were…

And seriously, "look it up"? Yeah, nobody knows that one…

How do you know? Answer? You don't.

You know very, very little about this. You screwed up before, why not again? After all, a tiger can't change his stripes. ;) You're doomed! :P

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

How else to respond? Ignore it? Have a laugh at it?

It wasn't funny though, and it was clearly a blatant classless attack on Tiger.

F*ck GD

F*ck Jenkins.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

2. You only know public Tiger. You don't know anything private so how do you know that his wife didn't say it was okay to have other women and screwed him on the deal when she wanted a divorce.... That is it we don't know. Open marriages are not uncommon but may not fit into your opinion.

Maybe I am misreading your post, but you seem to describe Elin as a gold digging tramp who pulled a fast one on Tiger. Who knew?

• Upvote 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Some of us never were…

Oh, so you knew he was cheating, lying pig? And BTW, what he was doing was a whole lot more than just cheating on his wife. What he was doing requires therapy.

Quote:
How do you know? Answer? You don't.

I DO know about Tiger. I am giving Elin the benefit of the doubt. What you guys are suggesting is just a way to justify continuing your love of Tiger. And as I said above, he was way beyond civil with what he was doing. Fraud, plain and simple.

Bill M

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Originally Posted by 9iron

Maybe I am misreading your post, but you seem to describe Elin as a gold digging tramp who pulled a fast one on Tiger. Who knew?

Well you know what he is thinking. Poor Tiger.

Bill M

It wasn't funny though, and it was clearly a blatant classless attack on Tiger. F*ck GD F*ck Jenkins.

Hey there! Didn't know Woods himself had a pseudonym here... Something doesn't have to be funny, in actual fact, for the target to laugh at it....

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

• Administrator
Oh, so you knew he was cheating, lying pig?

To be fooled, you have to decide to trust something. I didn't, and thus, was never fooled. I had no opinion nor did I care about Tiger off the golf course. Still don't. No opinion, and don't care.

I'll ask again, man: what's it to you? Why do you feel so much vitriol toward someone for your own gullibility? Did he screw your daughter? Did he screw you?

I DO know about Tiger. I am giving Elin the benefit of the doubt. What you guys are suggesting is just a way to justify continuing your love of Tiger. And as I said above, he was way beyond civil with what he was doing. Fraud, plain and simple.

I don't care one way or the other about Tiger off the golf course. I sure as **** don't "love" a guy. I respect and admire his ability to get a golf ball into a hole more readily than most.

Duh.

So I'll ask again, man: what's it to you? Why do you feel so much vitriol toward someone for your own gullibility? Did he screw your daughter? Did he screw you?

It is sort of funny that the next stop on the PGA Tour is Tiger's event down there in Windermere. I'm sure Tiger will set some lofty goals for that week.

My (FAKE) List for Tiger's Goals During His Upcoming Tournament

1. Win Tournament

2. Be a Good Host

3. Raise Money for Charity

4. ......................

5. ......................

14. DESTROY DAN JENKINS

To be fooled, you have to decide to trust something. I didn't, and thus, was never fooled. I had no opinion nor did I care about Tiger off the golf course. Still don't. No opinion, and don't care. I'll ask again, man: what's it to you? Why do you feel so much vitriol toward someone for your own gullibility? Did he screw your daughter? Did he screw you? I don't care one way or the other about Tiger off the golf course. I sure as **** don't "love" a guy. I respect and admire his ability to get a golf ball into a hole more readily than most. Duh. So I'll ask again, man: what's it to you? Why do you feel so much vitriol toward someone for your own gullibility? Did he screw your daughter? Did he screw you?

My vote is screwed his wife and didn't tip his daughter at a Perkins :). Now that's my attempt at humor unlike the article someone will find it funny. I'll be here all week ;). Sorry Phan someone hacked my account :)

Why do you feel so much vitriol toward someone for your own gullibility?

I love how you turn it on me and my "gullibility".

Hey, I'm fine with it that you don't mind he is a fraud. What is your point? I have two dogs and I didn't like that the Eagles signed Mike Vick because he tortured and killed dogs. It pissed me off that he was my QB. I believe in being honest with people and Tiger is not an honest person. I am a huge golf fan and it pisses me off that the best player on the planet is a fraud. So, sue me.

Bill M

Note: This thread is 3379 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!