IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2927 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Spoiler

Now imagine this w/Wagner playing in the background.

IuiORKV.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Japanese trailer has lots of new footage. Love the new droid.

I am so stoked for this movie now, I wish it was here already. It's going to be difficult to avoid spoilers leading up to it I imagine though, so I'm hoping nothing gets spoiled for me.

TV ad HAS EVEN MORE NEW SCENES.

I think Abrams is taking cuts from the same scenes, which is why it's still very hard to guess the story, despite the drip drip reveals, which is a very good thing. This is like Star Wars Chinese water torture. 

Spoiler

The scenes with spaceships flying in atmosphere is just f**king epic.

PUNCH IT! FIRE EVERYTHING!

Screen Shot 2015-11-08 at 11.43.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-08 at 11.46.11 AM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Good interview piece with Abrams. Up to now, I think Abrams has been doing a good job in terms of PR. Cake's coming out the oven, we'll have to see how it tastes.

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/star-wars-force-awakens-jj-abrams-interview/

This is for sure the final supercut, I hope. Don't open up the mystery box, Abrams!

Steve

This is for sure the final supercut, I hope. Don't open up the mystery box Abrams!

Steve

4 hours ago, nevets88 said:

This is for sure the final supercut, I hope. Don't open up the mystery box Abrams!

I like that one quite a bit.

On 11/6/2015, 4:19:36, boogielicious said:

Kudos to the film makers.   The fan has died since then.   RIP.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

New scenes. Must... not... look... Must... not... look......... (presses play)

Spoiler

VullAAF.pngoWuKpK2.pngC6ktae0.pngqfkCbty.pngpr0KEZe.png

Steve

• Administrator

I think Luke is the badass with the "hilted" lightsaber. I think he turned to the Dark Side.

The one who appears at 0:36 in the video one post above mine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think Luke is the badass with the "hilted" lightsaber. I think he turned to the Dark Side.

The one who appears at 0:36 in the video one post above mine.

It happened before in the previous extended universe, but Disney did declare all of the books outside the previous movies to be non-cannon as soon as they acquired Lucasarts. At the same time though the actor for Kylo Ren (the person you mentioned in your comment ) has already been named and pictured on set in costume, and it isn't Mark Hamill (it's Adam Driver - IMDb Credits). The credits on IMDb even go so far as to show Mark Hamill as playing Luke Skywalker, a separate character from Kylo Ren. I could see Luke, if he turned to the dark side, being a mentor to Kylo Ren but I don't think Kylo Ren is actually Luke.

Luke turns to the Dark Side, Han & Leia's child is Luke's apprentice, who then turns to the Dark side, Luke = Kylo Ren, whatever it is, if a plot point about Luke Skywalker is revealed, I'm gonna be so pissed.

Maz Kanata isn't shown in any of the trailers either. That's probably a hint to something.

Abrams must be reading the speculation theories and chuckling to himself. I totally understand the measures he took - no script for you actors - red on black, etc...

That's Donald Sutherland in the planning room, no? On the left.

In the beginning when the film was just starting to be made and they showed the X-wings, I was saying, who cares, there's way too much hype. Then I saw the trailers.

BB-8, tossed in the air:

Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 2.46.33 PM.png

Steve

6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Luke turns to the Dark Side, Han & Leia's child is Luke's apprentice, who then turns to the Dark side, Luke = Kylo Ren, whatever it is, if a plot point about Luke Skywalker is revealed, I'm gonna be so pissed.

Maz Kanata isn't shown in any of the trailers either. That's probably a hint to something.

Abrams must be reading the speculation theories and chuckling to himself. I totally understand the measures he took - no script for you actors - red on black, etc...

That's Donald Sutherland in the planning room, no? On the left.

I just cannot fathom a story line where Luke after all of the fight to defeat evil, and saving his father from it's grip, having seen good triumph over evil in what could have been the blackest heart then making the same mistakes of the father.  I think that would just send fans into a fit of crazy the same as Luke killing Han Solo.  If I were to guess I would say that Solo gets it in this movie but not at Luke's hand.  

I was pretty indifferent to these movies after the disappointment of I, II.  III was good only in how you see everything fall into place that sets up IV, V and VI.  I own III, IV, V and VI.  I and II I treat the same as Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull.  I prefer to pretend they never existed and I live in my own world.  Lalalalalalaaaaa.  Never happened!!! But the trailers for this one are pretty darned good.  I loved what he did with the Star Trek reboot personally.

Edited by Gator Hazard

3 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

I just cannot fathom a story line where Luke after all of the fight to defeat evil, and saving his father from it's grip, having seen good triumph over evil in what could have been the blackest heart then making the same mistakes of the father.  I think that would just send fans into a fit of crazy the same as Luke killing Han Solo.  If I were to guess I would say that Solo gets it in this movie but not at Luke's hand.  

The thing is, the fans already wrote books in the past (that were considered to be the official story, according to George Lucas until Disney bought him out and declared them invalid) where Luke turned to the dark side. I would say the uproar would not be as large as you imagine.

6 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

The thing is, the fans already wrote books in the past (that were considered to be the official story, according to George Lucas until Disney bought him out and declared them invalid) where Luke turned to the dark side. I would say the uproar would not be as large as you imagine.

I never read any of those, I had heard that before but did not think of them as official Star Wars story line as they were not created by Lucas.  I am not as invested in Star Wars the way some are, so who knows what will happen.  I guess we will see.  I personally will be disappointed if they make Luke evil but after already having been let down by the first three movies I guess I am prepared for anything.  If they do that, they might as well run with the Jar Jar Binks as an evil sith lord storyline in my opinion, but that's just me.  

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

It happened before in the previous extended universe, but Disney did declare all of the books outside the previous movies to be non-cannon as soon as they acquired Lucasarts. At the same time though the actor for Kylo Ren (the person you mentioned in your comment ) has already been named and pictured on set in costume, and it isn't Mark Hamill (it's Adam Driver - IMDb Credits). The credits on IMDb even go so far as to show Mark Hamill as playing Luke Skywalker, a separate character from Kylo Ren. I could see Luke, if he turned to the dark side, being a mentor to Kylo Ren but I don't think Kylo Ren is actually Luke.

Okay, so that guy is not him (shows you how much I pay attention to Star Wars), but I do think Luke joined the dark side.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rob-conery/luke-skywalker-theory-destroys-everything-star-wars_b_8392698.html

Read that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Yep, Jacen Solo turned to the dark side in the books. 

Luke isn't Kylo Ren. Kylo Ren is played by Adam Driver. Lawrence Kasdan is quotes in saying, "I've written four "Star Wars" movies now, and there's never been a character quite like the one that Adam plays." on talking about his roll as Kylo Ren. 

Not to say Luke didn't turn towards the Dark Side. Lawrence Kasdan was stated that was his original plot line for Luke before Lucas nixed the idea. 

1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

Not sure about that. I would have to ask my friend that. He was a Star Wars book fanatic back in the day. If a Star Wars book was published and authorized by Lucas then it's pretty much cannon in terms of what happened in Star Wars. 

Of course Disney doesn't care about the books. So that is why you see Chewbacca alive in the movie 30 years after Endor, when he died in the books 21 years after Endor. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2 hours ago, Gator Hazard said:

I was pretty indifferent to these movies after the disappointment of I, II.  III was good only in how you see everything fall into place that sets up IV, V and VI.  I own III, IV, V and VI.  I and II I treat the same as Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull.  I prefer to pretend they never existed and I live in my own world.  Lalalalalalaaaaa.  Never happened!!!

LOL.   Let me throw in my "never existed" movies: Terminator Salvation, The Bourne Legacy.   

• Upvote 1

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 2927 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!