IGNORED

My Swing (GolfLug)

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

A quick check after work today. Trying to feel a full torso turn while keeping incline. 

Good. Keep the most width you can at the top. W-I-D-E.

• Thanks 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been 6 ish weeks since I broke my ankle in a climbing fall. So eager to start rehabing but non weight bearing for 2 more weeks.  Since I can't make full swings probably till July, have been

Trying.. 🥴

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

No flip flops?! That’s bold to swing with a driver inside! You are definitely more man than I am :-)

Wife wasn't home.. lol.

Ok some postural adjustments looking at last night's swing:

1) More bend for a 'more vertical' shoulder pitch.

2) Arm hang.

3) Combo of 1 and 2 for a little more separation of arms from torso.

11 hours ago, iacas said:

Good. Keep the most width you can at the top. W-I-D-E.

And yes, more width.

Not terribly worried but that little lift up and out of incline just before getting to A4 is a bit annoying.

Feels like a pull cut but with my tendency to drop the club in not sure a bad thing. I think..

• 3 weeks later...

1. Bend sufficiently to have arms hang away from torso.

2. First move - track club head, hands, soft arms straight back as wide as possible without losing peripheral vision of target.

3. Wide, wide, wide. Arms, especially left, maintain soft stretch. Do not 'load' arms.

4. Maintain incline, finish A4 with patience and...GO. 

Overall the feel is of space and 'carrying' ropy arms and club around the inclined  body. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Have had a hard time maintaining my feels. Zero concentration on the course. 

Reminder. Stay soft and 'dropped' at address, unified arms. Coil 'up', stay wide, let club sit on the neck and pull through.

ABSOLUTELY no shoving/pressuring the club shaft out against the body!!!

Edited by GolfLug

On 4/4/2021 at 9:52 AM, iacas said:

I’m confused by “let the club sit on your neck.”

Sorry just saw this. It was a feel to not let shoulder turn on a flat pitch and let the club just fall behind me. In short a code for a steeper shoulder pitch, and vertical width. 

Attempted to get hand as high as I could get for width.

• Administrator

Vishal, I love you, but no. Not this at all.

Your right elbow is bent as f***. Your wrists are hinged as f***. The shaft is three inches from your neck. Your hands are eight inches from your head.

W-I-D-T-H

width.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 4.03.24 PM.png

Another go. Focus on nothing but trying to get my hands as far away as I can. Felt all of my left ribs.

50 minutes ago, iacas said:

Much better. What's the Face-On look like?

(edited)

Few mins before dark.. didn't get it high or wide enough. 

Edited by GolfLug

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • There are a number of places in the article that references government requirements.  I took a quick look through Google, and see that the UK does still have significant restrictions on travelers, including proof of vaccination, testing, and quarantine in some situations.  Those restrictions are going to apply to anyone visiting the country for the tournament.  They are facing a surge in new cases, apparently associated with the Delta variant.  Given all that, its hard to blame the R&A if they're following current government guidelines and restrictions.  And I honestly don't know whether the government policies are excessively restrictive, given the surge this spring from the Alpha variant, and the current surge from Delta.  I'm just barely on the side saying the restrictions aren't too far, given the current situation in the UK.
    • Some examples: “I’m going to go because it’s the British Open. But I certainly thought about not going. I just can’t believe with the numerous examples of successfully run safely held tournaments and majors here that they can’t figure out a better situation,” the player said. “If someone on your plane tests positive on way to the British and is sitting anywhere close to you, you’re out no questions asked, no matter if you’re vaccinated. It’s aggravating that they deem the tournament safe enough for 32,000 fans a day to attend, but won’t let a player’s wife, children travel and watch the tournament, nor will they even let players visit a restaurant without threat of disqualification.” and According to the note sent by the R&A to players, caddies and coaches, those on different player teams will not be allowed to stay together, which makes things difficult for many who travel in support of players. “The up-to-four persons [regulation] within private rental accommodation must be included within the players’ own support group … For example, multiple players or multiple caddies are not permitted to share private self accommodation,” the R&A email read. “We recognise this is difficult for many that used to share during the championship but the Government’s strict contact tracing requirements mean that this will not be possible in 2021. and The potential for being ousted from the tournament has players angry, especially in light of the eased restrictions for patrons. The R&A recently announced that up to 32,000 fans will be able to attend each day at Royal St George’s — that’s 80 percent of the typical 40,000 spectators allowed on the site. “They care more about the revenue of the fans buying beers than they do about the actual people participating in the tournament,” said the player who spoke with Golfweek. “Any fan can go to a grocery store or a restaurant and we can’t. Does that make sense? And I’m vaccinated. How does that make sense?” So, I voted "yes."
    • Players angry, consider skipping Open Championship after R&A hands down strict COVID regulations Some are considering a boycott of the prestigious event and others are simply miffed by the regulations. What do you think about the COVID Protocols at the 2021 Open Championship?   I'll get things started.  I voted "YES" they are going too far.  What is the point of telling players, coaches & caddies that have been living in close proximity for months and most have been vaccinated they cannot share accommodations?  And at the same time allowing @ 80% capacity for fans?  Do testing, etc. similar to the PGA Tour, it seems to have prevented any massive outbreaks for quite some time.  They also claim requirements are for Contact Tracing, if you know who is in the house, RV, etc. Contact Tracing should not be that hard.  By making them separate they may actually increase the number of people they come in contact with. 
    • I have downloaded the pdfs. It's time I get myself used to working yardage books. 
    • Scott kinda has two drills right now. The downswing one is: Get to A6 and stop, but make sure he's over his left ankle. Small pump. EXPLODE the left knee to kick the hip up and back/around while making everything rotate HARD from there. The left knee delivers the arms to the ball because the hips rotate, so the chest rotates, etc.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. BoogieThumper
      BoogieThumper
      (45 years old)
    2. Chriasp
      Chriasp
      (30 years old)
    3. cpk23
      cpk23
      (30 years old)
    4. DON TAYLOR
      DON TAYLOR
      (59 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...