IGNORED

My Swing (SoundandFury)

SoundandFury
Note: This thread is 3093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 2.5 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 9.6 (playing more like a 15 for the past couple of weeks)

My typical ball flight is: Right to Left (draw)

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Blocks and pushes to the right.

Videos: file:///Users/stannissteinbeck/Desktop/myfile_23-5.mp4

• Administrator
Not sure if that last one worked.

It didn't. file:/// links refer to a file on your computer.

Camera angles need to be better: http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

You have a lot you can work on, starting with…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It didn't. file:/// links refer to a file on your computer.

Camera angles need to be better: http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

You have a lot you can work on, starting with…

Thanks, will try to get a better video this weekend.  Any initials tips based on the above?

Thanks, will try to get a better video this weekend.  Any initials tips based on the above?

Yor hands are considerably "deep" in that photo. Too far back around you and instead they should be much higher. The fact that Erik posted that frame leads me to believe that he thinks it's your priority. So try (in a mirror or reflection) going steeper on the way back. I think ideally your left arm would be a lot closer to the line of your shoulders there.

Yes as others have pointed out, the arms load too deep and too far behind you on the backswing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yes as others have pointed out, the arms load too deep and too far behind you on the backswing.

100% agree.  I've played some pretty good golf from this position, but it's always been a bandaid of sorts for me.  My coach has always tried to get my arms higher/more on plane on the backswing, but for the life of me I've always had an extremely hard time squaring the club from that [correct] position.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

In you guys' extremely knowledgable opinion, is this laid off/too deep position the root of my inconsistency?  I've had other people look at my back swing and all of them say they're shocked I'm not drastically over the top from there, but all this means is that I'm off, my ball starts right and keeps going right.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

In you guys' extremely knowledgable opinion, is this laid off/too deep position the root of my inconsistency?  I've had other people look at my back swing and all of them say they're shocked I'm not drastically over the top from there, but all this means is that I'm off, my ball starts right and keeps going right.

Do the drill, keep that pressure point in front of the shirt seam, start by making slow swings. Arms will feel more "in front" of you.

The laid off isn't really the issue, that's just a reaction to the way the arms are loading on the backswing. Yes, the position of the arms is causing you problems on the downswing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

100% agree.  I've played some pretty good golf from this position, In you guys' extremely knowledgable opinion,

Yeah, I have a friend who looks like that at the top and he's about a 4 handicap. And that apostrophe isn't nevessary. Mikes extremely knowledgable, I'm not. Thanks tho

Video is private and it is easier for everyone if you embed the video. If from a desktop just click on the video icon before pasting link. If from a mobile device Put the link between "Video" link here "Video" (But replace the " " with [ ])

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Video is private and it is easier for everyone if you embed the video. If from a desktop just click on the video icon before pasting link. If from a mobile device Put the link between "Video" link here "Video" (But replace the " " with [ ])

It's [video][/video], but yes @SoundandFury please embed, thanks. :-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Sorry guys.  Not sure why this isn't working Let me know if this doesn't...I'm using the video button above and pasting the youtube link.

You did it right the second time when you said "my bad." The video isn't there because I edited it into your first attempt to post it :-) Sorry I should have told you, would have saved a bunch of confusion I'm sure.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Any thoughts?  I know swing changes (and this seems like a big one) take some time, but this is pretty disastrous so far...Barely getting the ball off the ground.

Well the camera angle is much better, but it looks like the swing is the same. It's going to take some time for that, as you know.

One thing I like to do when I work on something is to feel the opposite of what I'm doing and really exaggerate it. Since you pull your arms back too far in the backswing, maybe you should try feeling like you lift your arms straight up as you turn.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Your have been able to make the proper timing adjustments and compensations during your old swing from that top of the backswing position. Now that you are working on changing where that top of the bs position your timing is off, your sequencing is off and this is natural for making a dramatic change. My suggestion if you are serious about changing is to hunker down for the long haul of change and all the frustrations that come with it.. Embrace this learning period and most importantly realize there is no silver bullet to be had. Everybody is different of course, so for you it might only take a couple of months to get things under control and you'll be back to where you were and more, for me it might take another year or more, it'll depend on what kind of practice you do plus talent level of course! Good luck

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Note: This thread is 3093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!