IGNORED

My Swing (SoundandFury)

SoundandFury
Note: This thread is 3006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks Mike.  Will work on grip as well.  With regards to the video above, am I on the right track as far as the position at the top?  "Felt" like it did yesterday as I practiced it.  Right elbow feels like it's in position, but does it need to be more in front than it is there?  Right hand feels farther away from my head as well.

Thanks Mike.  Will work on grip as well.  With regards to the video above, am I on the right track as far as the position at the top?  "Felt" like it did yesterday as I practiced it.  Right elbow feels like it's in position, but does it need to be more in front than it is there?  Right hand feels farther away from my head as well.

Hey, I recognize some of those divots!!! I guess we just missed each other by an hour. Hope your lesson was as productive as mine! Good luck!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes, 4 looks great.

Just be careful with 2. Don't "drag" the handle back/shrug the right shoulder and keep the right arm straight. Let it soften/fold. When you start moving to full speed swings you won't be able to "recover" from this position. I'll try to film a drill for you today.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yes, 4 looks great. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/118034/] [/URL] Just be careful with 2. Don't "drag" the handle back/shrug the right shoulder and keep the right arm straight. Let it soften/fold. When you start moving to full speed swings you won't be able to "recover" from this position. I'll try to film a drill for you today.  [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/118033/] [/URL]

Thanks Mike, much appreciated.

To go along with the drill I just sent you. Clubhead vs the hand travel.

Mike McLoughlin

Great drill Mike. Makes it very easy to keep the swing to the top where it should be (shaft on plane, right elbow under). I gotta say, the adjustments to my backswing, even this early in the development, make the entire swing feel better. My practice routine right now is to do 60 quality reps going to P2, pausing, going to P4, pausing, and then downswing. I film every 5th ball, and give myself one full swing after doing 10 reps. The full swing shots I hit today were fantastic. Also doing at least 20 minutes a day of mirror work at home. Pretty stoked to see some legit improvement as opposed to just having good timing for a couple, etc.

First full swing I've taped.  Backswing is looking/feeling better, but need to keep drilling takeaway as it's easy to do when I'm breaking the backswing down, but not quite there in a full speed swing.  Main focus continues to be the backswing (and will be for the next few weeks), but I'm noticing some head dip on the downswing.  Wonder if this is throwing the club a little outside?  Input is much appreciated, as always.

Started transitioning to more full swings, with mediocre results. Doing really well with pausing halfway and at the top (can see the picture change). Going to a full swing though is a different story. It's not as bad as it was before, but definitely not like the pause swings. Should I just back off and stick with the pause swings for significantly longer? Any advice to progressing to a full swing?

Started transitioning to more full swings, with mediocre results. Doing really well with pausing halfway and at the top (can see the picture change). Going to a full swing though is a different story. It's not as bad as it was before, but definitely not like the pause swings. Should I just back off and stick with the pause swings for significantly longer? Any advice to progressing to a full swing?

Do both, but for now when you practice spend more time with the mapping swings. They'll always be a part of your practice.

Mike McLoughlin

Latest full swing (will have a ball from now on, net comes tomorrow).  Still working on right arm folding early and continuing to fold all the way to the top.  Pretty happy with the progress, although clearly this shot would have gone about 30 yards right given the club face at the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

So I think I might have got a great swing thought today for the top of the backswing position. Been working on it hard but it's still been something I have to be very focused on, which is trouble for actually playing. I was trying different feels and came up the idea of not thinking about anything but putting my right arm in the same position as if I was throwing a ball. lol and behold, without any manipulation, I end up here. On to something?

I was trying different feels and came up the idea of not thinking about anything but putting my right arm in the same position as if I was throwing a ball. lol and behold, without any manipulation, I end up here. On to something?

Maybe, pretty darn good right arm there.

Mike McLoughlin

Maybe, pretty darn good right arm there.

Thanks Mike.  Tried it out at the range this morning...no exaggeration, I've never hit the ball better.  Swing feels shorter, but SO much more "free".  Crazy how finding the one thought that works for you can change something you've been struggling with for ages.

Thanks Mike.  Tried it out at the range this morning...no exaggeration, I've never hit the ball better.  Swing feels shorter, but SO much more "free".  Crazy how finding the one thought that works for you can change something you've been struggling with for ages.

Sweet, keep it up!

Mike McLoughlin

The top of your back swing looks good, nice work!

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

The top of your back swing looks good, nice work!

Thanks! Odd thing is the backswing feels shorter, but apparently I'm getting to parallel, which I've never done before (always thought I wasn't flexible enough or something). Even better, out of 60 balls I hit 2 pulls. All other misses were blocks that were about 5-10 yards offline.

Hey guys, current iteration of the swing. Hitting the ball better and more consistently than ever. Misses right now are almost entirely blocks that are about 10 yards right. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated. [video]http://youtu.be/IWZLZu5Lf78[/video]

Note: This thread is 3006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!