IGNORED

My Swing (SoundandFury)

SoundandFury
Note: This thread is 3003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, current iteration of the swing. Hitting the ball better and more consistently than ever. Misses right now are almost entirely blocks that are about 10 yards right. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Looking good, nice crisp tempo.  You might want to line your mat up with the net a bit better though, almost hit the post.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Looking good, nice crisp tempo.  You might want to line your mat up with the net a bit better though, almost hit the post.

And put the camera a bit closer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

And put the camera a bit closer.

Will do on both counts.  Especially since I don't feel like paying for whatever neighbors window I break with a golf ball.

Yes, nice job changing the picture on the backswing.

Make sure the right elbow stays "under" on the downswing. Will get your arms less "stuck" on the downswing and help with those pushes.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yes, nice job changing the picture on the backswing.

Make sure the right elbow stays "under" on the downswing. Will get your arms less "stuck" on the downswing and help with those pushes.

Thanks Mike.  I assumed that the pushes are a result of not getting the club face closed to the path enough at impact; is that a symptom of the right elbow not working under enough on the downswing?

Based on what you see, would you say working on getting my right elbow into a more "pitch" position on the downswing is my next priority (along with with continually monitoring the backswing to make sure old habits to creep back in)?

Thanks Mike.  I assumed that the pushes are a result of not getting the club face closed to the path enough at impact; is that a symptom of the right elbow not working under enough on the downswing?

Based on what you see, would you say working on getting my right elbow into a more "pitch" position on the downswing is my next priority (along with with continually monitoring the backswing to make sure old habits to creep back in)?

Yes the right elbow staying high changes the wrist alignments and gets the hands "stuck" behind you.

I'd keep making the backswing a priority but spend some time monitoring the right arm on the downswing. Might be good to review our lesson on that.

Mike McLoughlin

• 2 weeks later...

@mvmac Thanks for the PM, and sorry for the slow response.  Worked on the backswing some more, and starting to get the feel again where I should be. Only problem: I can't the ball for sh*t from here. Lol.

I got really busy today and will give it a closer look in the next few days. If you film Wednesday or Thursday please try to get the camera closer to you and film a face on.

Mike McLoughlin

Ok so I'm just seeing you fall back into a few old habits. Definitely watch the video review of your lesson again.

More knee flex at 1 and make sure the left index finger is "hooked" around the grip. Grip may be off because 2 is looking like this....

Face rolls and the toe is up with a lot of cup in the left wrist.

Note how open the face is here. This is a big reason contact has been crappy and those balls are starting right. Left wrist is flat in the right pic.

Then the arms just lift with the shoulders leveling out.

So here's what I would recommend.

- More knee flex at 1.

- Check your grip.

- As the left shoulder works down (throughout the entire backswing) the hands work up. Seems like you're just going "hands up" without doing the pivot stuff.

Mike McLoughlin

• 10 months later...

Gents, been a while.  Work annoyingly got in the way of the game for a while.  Back at it now, and hoping to get some feedback.  Current iteration of the swing is below.  Would still like to get my right elbow folding earlier.  Misses are almost entirely left, especially with everything but driver, which still has a block now and then.  

Note: This thread is 3003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!