IGNORED

The Tiger Woods/PED Thread

Phil McGleno
Note: This thread is 2209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Believe Tiger Violated Rules and Took PEDs?

• Yes
    • No

You actually get my point. I never said he "did" PED's.I technically didn't even say I believed he did PED's. What I said is that I believed it was possible he did PED's, which I stand behind. Despite all the claims to the contrary, that is what I actually wrote. That it is possible. People can place what ever value on that they wish. I won't be offended one bit.

Lmao, I think a lot of people got your point. Anyways, very nice try...in a juvenile type of way

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Tiger Woods at Stanford.  Yeah, I was skinny in college, too.

Later

PED's / Steroids have come a long way since I knew people in High School who took them, but

Increased muscle mass - check

Hair loss - check

Acne - NO

Mood swings / aggressiveness - check

Body tissue breakdown in later life - check

Did he take them?  I don't know.  I wouldn't be surprised.  He is known as a workout freak.  He doesn't look like Mark McGuire or Barry Bonds or others (who denied taking steroids for a long time).  He did put on a bunch of muscle mass when Hank Haney was his coach from 2004-2010.  Hank said Tiger was set on looking more like a linebacker than a golfer.

Robert Spann

:ping: :adidas: :adams: :leupold: :nike: :srixon: :nickent:

Later

PED's / Steroids have come a long way since I knew people in High School who took them, but

Hair loss - check

Acne - NO

Did he take them?  I don't know.  I wouldn't be surprised.  He is known as a workout freak.  He doesn't look like Mark McGuire or Barry Bonds or others (who denied taking steroids for a long time).  He did put on a bunch of muscle mass when Hank Haney was his coach from 2004-2010.  Hank said Tiger was set on looking more like a linebacker than a golfer.

LOL!

Stunningly weak argument.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

LOL!

Spectacularly weak response to something that wasn't even an argument.

Increased muscle mass - check

Hair loss - check

Acne - NO

Mood swings / aggressiveness - check

Body tissue breakdown in later life - check

So you are saying that your post above did not clearly insinuate that he may have taken steroids based on your checklist?

:doh:

Scott

My Swing Thread

LOL!

Spectacularly weak response to something that wasn't even an argument.

Amazingly weak response to something that was a response to something that wasn't an argument. :-P

(I'm reminded of the latest T Mobile chick commercial "I appreciate that you appreciate you appreciating me." :beer: )

Unfortunately, at this point, no matter what a top level athlete looks like or how hard they work there will always be speculation that they used some form of PEDs to get there.  Because these PEDs exist and there have been so many cases of superstar athletes using them there are always going to be people that are quick to assume that all top athletes must be using them.  Guilty by association is more than enough for them....sad

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtleback

Get it haters?  He was ALWAYS good.  There were NO jumps in performance.  Starting from when he was a kid - what we saw was just the development of a kid who at every stage was recognized as a very special talent into an adult who brought that talent into fruition and production.  His performance arc was a very smooth path.  No big jumps.

I don't believe people think Tiger did or may have done PED's based so much on performance increases as they believe it because he was being treated b y a known PED and HGH dispenser like Galea. It is guilt through association. This wouldn't hold up in trial, but how else do you think investigators find PED abusers? They find their names on lists of people being treated by known peddlers like Galea and Lindsay.

Here is something else to consider while thinking it totally impossible that Tiger could have possibly done anything. Look at how Tiger's own story on this has changed. When first asked about Galea and Lindsay it was 3 or 4 visits. It later became 14 visits. Only after a Florida Dept of :Public Health Investigation revealed additional information it ended up being 63 visits. Why did Tiger not just tell the whole story from day 1? ".

Later

Hair loss - check

Acne - NO

I'm not sure what the pictures are suppose to reflect, but I hope it's not to point out any abnormal muscle gain/definition.

I don't believe people think Tiger did or may have done PED's based so much on performance increases as they believe it because he was being treated b y a known PED and HGH dispenser like Galea. It is guilt through association. This wouldn't hold up in trial, but how else do you think investigators find PED abusers? They find their names on lists of people being treated by known peddlers like Galea and Lindsay.

Nope. They notice their jump in performance and then questions arise.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

So you are saying that your post above did not clearly insinuate that he may have taken steroids based on your checklist?

Now, you get it.  There is a difference between argument and insinuation, you know.  Maybe it was a "stunningly weak" insinuation, if there was such a thing, which there's not.

Robert Spann

Amazingly weak response to something that was a response to something that wasn't an argument.

(I'm reminded of the latest T Mobile chick commercial "I appreciate that you appreciate you appreciating me." )

At least YOU recognized it wasn't an argument.  And, yes, it was weak...my response, that is.

Robert Spann

At least YOU recognized it wasn't an argument.  And, yes, it was weak...my response, that is.

I wasn't really saying anything one way or the other - just playing the role of class clown here. :beer:

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Now, you get it.  There is a difference between argument and insinuation, you know.  Maybe it was a "stunningly weak" insinuation, if there was such a thing, which there's not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Amazingly weak response to something that was a response to something that wasn't an argument.

(I'm reminded of the latest T Mobile chick commercial "I appreciate that you appreciate you appreciating me." )

At least YOU recognized it wasn't an argument.  And, yes, it was weak...my response, that is

So I guess by your checklist almost any man who put on muscle mass from when they were a scrawny teenager, had a temper and is losing hair, in the history of mankind, may possibly be on steroids, even before they existed?

It is a very weak attempt at whatever you were trying to convey.

And please use multi-quote.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I don't believe people think Tiger did or may have done PED's based so much on performance increases as they believe it because he was being treated b y a known PED and HGH dispenser like Galea. It is guilt through association. This wouldn't hold up in trial, but how else do you think investigators find PED abusers? They find their names on lists of people being treated by known peddlers like Galea and Lindsay.  Here is something else to consider while thinking it totally impossible that Tiger could have possibly done anything. Look at how Tiger's own story on this has changed. When first asked about Galea and Lindsay it was 3 or 4 visits. It later became 14 visits. Only after a Florida Dept of :Public Health Investigation revealed additional information it ended up being 63 visits. Why did Tiger not just tell the whole story from day 1? ".

There still is a question about the source that came out and said that Tigers name is on the biogenesis list. In fact it was mentioned that several golfers were on the list. Baseball took the issue rather seriously at the time, opposite of the PGA that would never go looking to bring down its golden child. One might question the source that came out and said this, but as far as I remember every time a source came out and said someone was on the list it turned out to be true even when the players denied it.. Heck, A-rod got lawyers to defend him until he was brought to his knees basically. I want to know more about Tiger and Biogenesis, and if he is that information will eventually come out! Other wise, it will be hard to prove he took anything unless he slips up!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I wasn't really saying anything one way or the other - just playing the role of class clown here.

Hey, you gotta pick a side here!  Team Tiger, aka The Mark Steinbergs  -or- The Tiger Haters, aka "We're not entitled to an opinion unless it comes with iron-clad proof of evidence." ;-)

• Upvote 1

Robert Spann

So I guess by your checklist almost any man who put on muscle mass from when they were a scrawny teenager, had a temper and is losing hair, in the history of mankind, may possibly be on steroids, even before they existed?

It is a very weak attempt at whatever you were trying to convey.

And please use multi-quote.

This is the kind of strawman argument that makes it impossible for anybody to have an opinion on anything around here.

Originally Posted by Gboroman

Hey, you gotta pick a side here!  Team Tiger, aka The Mark Steinbergs  -or- The Tiger Haters, aka "We're not entitled to an opinion unless it comes with iron-clad proof of evidence."

Ain't that the truth.

Bill M

Other wise, it will be hard to prove he took anything unless he slips up!

I hope you've got a good lawyer.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Hey, you gotta pick a side here!  Team Tiger, aka The Mark Steinbergs  -or- The Tiger Haters, aka "We're not entitled to an opinion unless it comes with iron-clad proof of evidence."

Ain't that the truth.

Seriously?  Come on, guys.  What's with the martyr crap?  You have your opinions, you have your reasons, you argue those reasons.  Nobody upon NOBODY has ever said you are not allowed to have those opinions, but the people who disagree with you have the exact same right to their opinions and the exact same right to their reasons and the exact same right to defend their opinion and debate yours.

Either debate your side of the argument or leave it alone.  But please don't act like anybody has ever once told you you weren't entitled to your opinion.

Note: This thread is 2209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!