• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Phil McGleno

The Tiger Woods/PED Thread

0   31 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Believe Tiger Violated Rules and Took PEDs?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

433 posts in this topic

Was told to start this thread so here goes. I am firmly in the "no" camp but am not saying that I am definitely right. Just that I believe in innocent until proven guilty and the evidence against Tiger is thin and circumstantial.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hank Haney, Woods' former swing coach, who has been one of Woods' most vocal critics since they stopped working together in 2010, told the Golf Channel that he never saw anything out of the ordinary in Galea's treatment of Woods.

"I was there and watched the whole procedure," Haney said. "There was never anything that went into Tiger Woods's body that didn't come out of his body. They take blood out, they spin it, they inject the plasma back in. I totally believe that Tiger Woods has never taken any performance-enhancing drugs."

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-paid-anthony-galea-76k-14-visits-new-book-says

I am definitely in the 'no' camp, though I will say I don't really have that big of a problem with PED's, especially when used to heal more quickly from injuries.

I can't vote for a number of reasons. The second option is a two part question. One must be true for the other to be true. But the real reason why I can not vote is I feel strongly that it could be " likely" he had some help.

Probably should have been a "Maybe" choice. No one but Woody himself knows for sure, and any yes, or no decisions are purely speculation.

Speculating myself here, :doh: but his demise just might be because he has been swinging a club since the age of 3. Add in all the swing changes, tournament play, practices, weight lifting, his golfing body might just be worn out. That, or at the very least, in need of a long time away from the game to heal up the worn out parts.

I'm going to go ahead and and say no on this one.  There are too many people that have been very close to Tiger throughout the years that hate him now for it not to have come out.

Since there actually isn't any evidence that he's taken PED's, I voted no. No evidence with his physique, no claims by other players, trainers, journalist, etc. I also haven't heard any rumors/gossip from instructors I know that teach on tour.

Yeah, the accusations about Lance Armstrong were out years before any investigation began. There's been the occasional odd speculation here and there from random people far removed from the situation, but no one who has been part of the inner camp has made any accusations.

I voted no. There hasn't been any evidence to prove otherwise and if there were, somebody would have written about it or talked about it somewhere. Just because he had treatment done at Anthony Galea's clinic doesn't mean he got PEDs from him.

I think Tigers powerful thrust into his left side while ball striking so many years eventually tore out his knee, which cascaded throughout his body from different compensations and resulted in injuries to ankles, back etc. Father time caught up. That's all.

I said "no" since there is nothing to point to the fact that he used PED's.  He worked out but he did not blow up like a Barry Bonds or Mark McGuire.  He was reckless in his personal life that has forever tarnished his image as a Mr. Nice Guy, but I believe his concern about his golf legacy helped keep him free of PEDs.

I am not really sure, but I am more on the yes side than the no side because of his relationship with the witch doctor. I am way to skeptical to say no. So, it's a yes from me. Oh yeah, and to Haney that only saw the blood spinning, I'm sorry buddy but they aren't going to exactly pull the needles out and say hey Haney come sterilize my glute while I get this PED shot up in my Glute...

I am not really sure, but I am more on the yes side than the no side because of his relationship with the witch doctor. I am way to skeptical to say no. So, it's a yes from me.

Oh yeah, and to Haney that only saw the blood spinning, I'm sorry buddy but they aren't going to exactly pull the needles out and say hey Haney come sterilize my glute while I get this PED shot up in my Glute...

So that's how one activates one's glutes. Good to know.

Taking into consideration how injured Tiger has been in his career (the list is long), we can then all presume that the PEDs he has been speculated to have taken were certainly the worst PED's in the history of sport no?  I mean, someone who was a PED user surely wouldn't be that injured right?

Talk about a shitty prescription ;-)

I am not really sure, but I am more on the yes side than the no side because of his relationship with the witch doctor. I am way to skeptical to say no. So, it's a yes from me.

Oh yeah, and to Haney that only saw the blood spinning, I'm sorry buddy but they aren't going to exactly pull the needles out and say hey Haney come sterilize my glute while I get this PED shot up in my Glute...

One might think you would be one of the last to jump on the "guilt by association" train, but there you have it…

26-1 currently, btw.

28-1 now :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith View Post

Taking into consideration how injured Tiger has been in his career (the list is long), we can then all presume that the PEDs he has been speculated to have taken were certainly the worst PED's in the history of sport no?  I mean, someone who was a PED user surely wouldn't be that injured right?

Talk about a shitty prescription ;-)

I think depends on the injury. I believe PED's help players stay fresher in terms of performing. A pitcher might be able to pitch a full season at their best ability than have some down time due to fatigue. Also it allows them to heal faster in terms of muscle wear and tear.

I also think the injuries he sustained are not areas that would be warded off by PED's.

1994: Surgery on Left Knee to remove Tumors

2002: Surgery on Left Knee to remove fluid and a cysts

2007: Rupture of ACL

2008: Cartilage damage to left knee

2010: Neck pain

2011: Left Foot Achilles Tendon

2011: MCL Sprain in Left KNee

2012: Left foot Achilles Tendon

2012: Lower Back Pain

A lot of this seems systematic and goes back to his left leg. He's had issues since before he was a PGA Tour pro. Then with the wear and tear of the golf swing it just worse till he ruptured his ACL.

Quote:
Why are these drugs so appealing to athletes? Besides making muscles bigger, anabolic steroids may help athletes recover from a hard workout more quickly by reducing the muscle damage that occurs during the session.
-Mayo Clinic

So I don't see steroids really helping him in the area he had injuries. That isn't to say he would not have taken them. I just doubt it. Nothing suggested to me that he did take them.