IGNORED

2015 Arnold Palmer Invitational Discussion Thread

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 3333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rory is hitting greens, but his proximity to the hole isn't setting up for birdies. I wish CBS would have made his group a featured group.

Update, 11/11 in GIR's thus far. Still at 2 under.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Hello!!

Glad to be here.

why are they complaining about the greens?. They look mighty good to me.

Maybe your not watching the same tournament as me?  Maybe you don't have your glasses on or maybe you need glasses? Just kidding of course but, I must say. I think the greens look like Chit, by far the worst I have seen on the tour so far this year.

Rory hits 17 GIR and only shoots 70.....with a birdie on 18. Talk about leaving a LOT of strokes out there today! :doh: Tee to green is obviously back on track and he held it together, even with the frustration of a bunch of missed putts. I'd look for him to go low the rest of the week!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Daniel Berger golfs with a pretty good sized dip in that bottom lip. Never noticed before.

Funny you mention this - while watching the players during practice rounds, I noticed several dipping. Must be a new trend. Guess they need the stuff for their nerves?  Wasn't Dufner the most noticeable with the habit? Not sure he still dips ---- recall going to a pro-am and seeing Trent Dilfer once using it and spitting on the green. How would you like to roll a putt over that?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/03/sports/golf/spit-it-out-tour-golfers-few-speak-of-tobacco-habit.html?_r=0

• Upvote 1

I don't buy that the players (especially, the young ones) are playing "to show Arnie the respect" line.   To most, I think it's just another tournament and I don't blame them.

PGA gives winner an extra year of exemption as they do Jack's tournament - but that's really not an incentive so much for the top players who've probably already won.  Sam Saunders w/ a 3-yr exemption would be great, wouldn't it?

As someone who goes to the Tampa Bay tourney, glad to see that some of the top players play there and take Arnie's off (Dufner, Furyk, Donald, few others).

Maybe your not watching the same tournament as me?  Maybe you don't have your glasses on or maybe you need glasses? Just kidding of course but, I must say. I think the greens look like Chit, by far the worst I have seen on the tour so far this year.

hey..these guys are professionals..why cant they play slow greens like the rest of us?. I dont see spikemarks, divots or pebbles there yet.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

hey..these guys are professionals..why cant they play slow greens like the rest of us?. I dont see spikemarks, divots or pebbles there yet.

They can but their not used to them. Week after week they putt on fast pristine greens. How do you think you would putt on typical Tour greens? Probably a lot worse than you do now even though they are in perfect condition. Also, if we would look at the numbers I'd guess their not actually missing very many putts. The green conditions are messing with their heads more than their actual putting.

Ross (aka cubdog)

Hoffman's on fire, but the headline story will be Rory finding his form. He's played really well the last two days. He could easily be 10 or 11-under right now if he could have just made a few putts yesterday.

http://pgatour.cbssports.com/live/

McIlRoy, Day, Fowler in the featured group - outstanding.  Get to see them early.

Rory seems to be feeling his approach shots pretty nice.  I've just been watching a bit so far.  Glad to see he found his swing back.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jordan Spieth

1 hr ·

"What I'm really focused on is Rory McIlroy, the No. 1 in the world. That's who everyone is trying to chase." - Jordan Spieth

Rory keeps playing like he is today, Jordan's got a monster hill to climb to try and catch him.

Note: This thread is 3333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!