IGNORED

Pants or Shorts in cool weather

Elmer
Note: This thread is 3285 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Shorts Or pants?

• Shorts
    • Pants?

• Administrator

Just admit you have chicken legs.

Not even close, no.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Actually I prefer to wear pants as much as possible. Really I only wear shorts if the weather gets above 80 degrees, or it gets to muggy for pants.

I know a few guys who will wear shorts anytime they golf. It is down right crazy sometimes. This one guy will be out there, low 40's lots of wind, wearing shorts.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I wear pants unless it's really hot weather.  I have an arthritic right hip, and I need to keep the lower body warm to swing smoothly.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Living in the great Northeast as I do the beginning of the golf season can be tricky weather wise. For instance last week which was the first week of my league was 50F and raining. Tomorrow, like most days, is going to be mid 60F when I head out to play, but it will likely be low 60 and cloudy/ no sun by the time I make it back in. It is will be windy and slightly cloudy. My constant dilemma is wearing shorts and a vest and end up being cold when the sun goes down or the cool breeze kicks in, or wearing pants and my lined vest and being to hot. Now I walk every round, so I tend to run hot, but I dislike being uncomfortable, so a cool breeze can set me off. If i am not at ease my game suffers. SWMBO finds it crazy that for 1/2 the year my car become a hamper as I pack for every possible scenario.  I guess in the cool weather I would rather have my mid section warm and let the legs and arms stay warm by walking. anyone have a good process? A temp treshold to determining shorts or pants? I know some guys who wear shorts at 50F and some guys who wear pants at 90F. I have a feeling I am over thinking this, but better to think it out here than get a blank stare from SWMBO.

No contest. A good kilt is always appropriate, no matter the weather. But to play better, i wear pants to keep my legs loose if it is below 55. Shorts are never an option though, no freedom like a golf swing in a kilt. You just need to mind how you read putts......

• Upvote 1

always pants, highly breathable synthetic you can't even feel the difference between wearing shorts or the new light weight hittech pants (adidas).

Never cotton, nevr linen, never khaki

I will wear wind paints over my shorts ... gives me options ... if I am cold, I play a lot worse for some reason.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Note: This thread is 3285 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!