IGNORED

Short minimal Fitness Routines to kick start SWMBO (& maybe me)

Elmer
Note: This thread is 3270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am wondering if anyone has any Short minimal Fitness Routines to get yourself out of a rut.

Here is the deal: Both Myself and SWMBO have taken on healthier lifestyles. She is using Medifast (it works for her). I eat healthier and have become more active.

I do 50 sit ups every morning, followed by a 1 minute bridge. During the day I walk and light lifting at night of various routines. I also walk 9 holes twice a week.

I am 5'8" and 210 and still have my beer gut. I am never going to change, but I am down 20# and my pants feel better and I feel stronger and I am happy.

SWMBO on the other hand is working at really staying on her eating plan and has 4 months until vacation and a wedding.

She, for what her reasons maybe refuses to lift, exercise or even take a walk. I think it may be a self consciousness or Embarrassment, I dont know, She has never wanted to do any of this stuff around me or around the neighborhood for that matter. She does have AO and Autoimmune Disorder, which contributes to exhaustion.

What I do know is if I can find something minimal to get her through her Plateau and in the right direction.

I thought if I could do something short and simple and get her to do it. Any type of exercise that could help her tone and keep her burning calories, and maybe get rid of her bingo wings!

at this point in our lives (working late, 2 jobs, kids, animals etc...) There is no joining a gym and no 2 hour work outs. No running marathons.

We would be lucky to find 1/2 hour.

Any ideas?

And if So, How do I talk her into it, knowing she is and has been reluctant in the past?

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Any ideas?

And if So, How do I talk her into it, knowing she is and has been reluctant in the past?

Start doing kettlebell swings and goblet squats.

http://www.chroniclesofstrength.com/how-to-make-your-own-minimalist-exercise-program/

http://breakingmuscle.com/kettlebells/the-kettlebell-swing-why-its-the-perfect-exercise

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I had to google what SWMBO meant and I was not disappointed.

• Upvote 1

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

• 2 weeks later...

I vote for her taking 1/2 hour walks with you, or better yet a 1/2 hour in the morning and a 1/2 hour in the evening.  You can sell it as having the added benefit of having some alone talking time together.

A dog and the associated dog walks can really motivate and increase the enjoyment of taking walks (if a dog is something you've been wanting).

With someone of the personality that you describe, I think the exercise has to be really easy to start with to avoid early burnout.  A case in point, fitness centers like 24 hour fitness base their business model on a large % of folks joining and then pretty much giving up while continuing to pay the monthly fee.  (Percent of people with gym memberships who never use them, 67%; http://www.statisticbrain.com/gym-membership-statistics/)

I vote for her taking 1/2 hour walks with you, or better yet a 1/2 hour in the morning and a 1/2 hour in the evening.  You can sell it as having the added benefit of having some alone talking time together.

A dog and the associated dog walks can really motivate and increase the enjoyment of taking walks (if a dog is something you've been wanting).

With someone of the personality that you describe, I think the exercise has to be really easy to start with to avoid early burnout.  A case in point, fitness centers like 24 hour fitness base their business model on a large % of folks joining and then pretty much giving up while continuing to pay the monthly fee.  (Percent of people with gym memberships who never use them, 67%; http://www.statisticbrain.com/gym-membership-statistics/)

+1 for the dog idea.  As long as you and the boss enjoy pups (who doesn't), it's pretty much built in, mandatory exercise as long as you don't have a super lazy breed.  My wife and I probably get about 8 mi of walking every week that we wouldn't if we didn't have to walk our dogs.

I had to google what SWMBO meant and I was not disappointed.

Same here...

I think she needs to find something that she enjoys.  IME, if it is fun, I am much more apt to do it.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

+1 for the dog idea.  As long as you and the boss enjoy pups (who doesn't), it's pretty much built in, mandatory exercise as long as you don't have a super lazy breed.  My wife and I probably get about 8 mi of walking every week that we wouldn't if we didn't have to walk our dogs.

I have a dog. I am usually the one taking him for a walk.

Same here...

I think she needs to find something that she enjoys.  IME, if it is fun, I am much more apt to do it.

I tried to throw some ideas out there. She was not receptive. Complained about her early arthritus bothering her since she works a high stress job that keeps her on her feet all day.

I even tried telling her that if she worked out it would help motivate me. But no not receptive at all.

She seem to be content and of the belief that she can reduce her calories and sit on a couch and be successful.

I am done trying.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Us too... My wife and I walk our dogs 2-3 miles in the morning and another mile in the evening.  20+ miles a week, it keeps us thin.

My clan:

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!