IGNORED

The other Rory

geezer
Note: This thread is 6015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am of course referring to Rory McIlroy, the teenage sensation who has now (after the Dunhill links c'ship) become the youngest player to secure his tour card aged only 18.

It also might be worth a small note that the Alfred Dunhill Links was only his second event as a professional. A third place finish was enough to catapult him something like 150 places on the European tour order of merit and secure his card. The record was previously held by Sergio garcia who took 4 events.

Darren Clark, who also played with Tiger Woods as an amateur reckons that McIlroy is almost as good as TW was then, and that he will be a future major winner.

What do you think, will he, or won't he???
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Time will tell, but he definitely has game !
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

Time will tell, but he definitely has game !

Agreed. With golf it is so hard to predict who will be great.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

I saw him play in the walker cup this September, about two weeks before he turned pro, and I was really impressed (except when he three putted the 18th to loose his match 1dn! He done all the hard work including the best lob shot i've ever seen on 17 to halve the hole and go down 18 a/s).
Whats in the bag:

Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

• 2 weeks later...
Disappointing 56th place for Rory at the weekend. But a fourth last weekend made up for it!

Thats it (I think) for exemptions for him fior the rest of the year. He's currently resting 96th on the European tour order of merit after only four events, and is in the top 10 in the next ryder cup standings.
Whats in the bag:

It is hard to say whether or not this kid has the goods to challenge the likes of 'his holliness', oops, I mean Tiger, but he is off to a great start. I think all the young players these days are expected to do way more than they're a capable of due to all the phenomenal success Mr. Woods had at an early age. Sergio Garcia and Adam Scott can certainly attest to that fact.

He has all the potential in the world we could see massive things from him in the next couple of years, in uk theres odds of him making the next ryder cup team of 2/1 lol

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I think he'll go on to win ATLEAST 3 majors. He's that good and is only 18. He's got plenty of time to hone his game.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

I think he'll go on to win ATLEAST 3 majors. He's that good and is only 18. He's got plenty of time to hone his game.

Heck, he's still got at least 12 years till he reaches his prime. The young man is certainly blessed with talent that a very select few have ever had.

I would say that he his the European Tiger Woods... Maybe better, maybe not... only time will tell

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

He has a girlfriend, you know. They live together, so I'd say that he has that end pretty well on track to disprove you.

BTW, capitalise the 'I' in McIlroy.
Whats in the bag:

be interesting to see what 2008 holds for Mac - he's got his card, he's got game - he should at least be hoping to win a couple of events - a definate possibility of making the Ryder Cup.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I am sure he has great game, but let's wait to see how he plays when he gets on the big stage. We all know the hype behind Sergio and how that has turned out.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the younger players on the tours, but until they actually get out there, it's really hard to tell how they will handle the pressure.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I am sure he has great game, but let's wait to see how he plays when he gets on the big stage. We all know the hype behind Sergio and how that has turned out.

i'm sure Rory has high expectations - majors, ryder cups, order of merit titles etc - time will tell if he succeeds. And Sergio is 19th in career earnings on the PGA tour - there is no one younger than him above him. Can hardly call it a disappointment, 19 million dollars in the states, 10 million euro in europe (some overlap with majors/co-santioned events, yes) but Rory would be doing well to get to this level.

Hope he lets his clubs do that talking!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

• 2 weeks later...
i'm sure Rory has high expectations - majors, ryder cups, order of merit titles etc - time will tell if he succeeds. And Sergio is 19th in career earnings on the PGA tour - there is no one younger than him above him. Can hardly call it a disappointment, 19 million dollars in the states, 10 million euro in europe (some overlap with majors/co-santioned events, yes) but Rory would be doing well to get to this level.

I think young Rory already has Sergio beat when it comes to maturity. Sergio seriously needs to grow up!

Note: This thread is 6015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!