IGNORED

Be careful playing in the heat

logo
Note: This thread is 3272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Btw gatorade and powerade are not good unless you are drinking 3 bottles of water per gatorade. This will be my first summer playing golf in the 100+ degree weather that Houston brings but I think my training from 10 years of year round baseball will do me well.

I don't envy you guys who have to play in the heat and humidity!  I can tolerate 100+ degrees easily, but our summer humidity is often in single digits, or close to it (except during the monsoon, when it gets miserably sticky).  I'd freaking melt in 100+ degrees and 80-90% humidity.  As much as people joke about it, there really is something to the whole "it's a dry heat!" thing.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I lived in Galveston, Texas for a few years and would regularly play out in the high 90 degree/100% humidity weather.  Lots of water, a big, wide brimmed hat, and stay in the shade as much as possible.

Other than the humidity this certainly applies to Phoenix too.  Temp in the three digits require some thought.   In my case when at this location in the summer I get tee times at sunrise and am off the course by 10 AM, lots of liquids (not alcohol), big big brim hats, don't walk and stay in the shade when it isn't your turn.  I will say it is cheap to play here this time of year.

Butch

These kind of towels are awesome in the heat.

I agree. A couple of years ago I got a Mission EnduraCool Cooling Towel at Lowes.  It really feels refreshing on a hot summer day.

If it is higher than 90° I will bring out the cooling towel and try to drink enough fluids to stay hydrated.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I'm a ginger and burn pretty easily so I wear long sleeves at 3/4 a lot (I know sleeves in 105 degree houston heat but I am used to it, high school baseball coach made us wear them everyday for 2 and half years). Even if I wear sleeves and a bucket hat though I still wear sunscreen. I keep a giant spf like 50 bottle in my bag at all times that can be sprayed on easily without making a mess.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!