IGNORED

Big Break Mesquite

Ben
Note: This thread is 3729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What was that roll that Gerry did on his "fairwell" walk? Nice guy, but he's dreaming if he thinks he can make it on the Sr. Tour.

I don't know? Gerry could rock the Sr. Tour. Think about it, Tom Watson grabs a hybrid or wood on a 210 yard par 3, Gerry grabs a 6 or 7 iron... who has the advantage?

One MUST remember a short game CAN be fixed... a long game? Either you have it or you don't.

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Gerry's chipping wasn't all that bad, his Driving, Wedge Play, and Putting are nowhere near Tour Caliber!!! Gee, that would account for about 90% of a players scoring skills, so I think Tom Watson is safe from being blown out by Gerry,,,LOL!!!!!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

I would take my chances with Watson and his hybrid too, but I understand your point. Gerry is a raw talent. He has obviously come a long way from the ring in the WWE. I would never say never, but the Champions Tour is the hardest of the three major tours to get into. Unless you win on the regular tour, you have to go through a Q school type process just to be able to Monday qualify.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Although Gerry's chipping wasn't all that bad, his Driving, Wedge Play, and Putting are nowhere near Tour Caliber!!! Gee, that would account for about 90% of a players scoring skills, so I think Tom Watson is safe from being blown out by Gerry,,,LOL!!!!!!

I think you missed my point. Obviously, Tom Watson presently has many advantages over Gerry(experience, Driving accuracy, Putting etc etc etc). However, Gerry, with a lot of hard work and practice, can/could close the skill gaps between himself and Watson. On the other hand, it would be extremely difficult or impossible for Watson to close the distance gap between himself and Gerry.

All I'm saying is Gerry has potential.

I was happy to see Gerry go. Nice guy, he can hit it a long long way but he wasn't one of the best there. I agree, Brian should be voted off by the viewers. I know a lot happens that we don't see, but we didn't see (nor could I imagine) Gerry being anything but nice to Brian. Brian was a jerk and said stuff that made him look very immature and very much an amatuer.

Hiroshi wabbled a little bit, but a small kick in the pants will only make him focus more. Josh and Hiroshi will be a great finally - they both did great and deserve it (although Hiroshi has paid far more "dues").

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

I'm not sure how they eliminate the 3rd player, but my bet would be on Hiroshi and Brian being in the final 2. I really like Josh, and Brian is way too cocky, but I think he is probably the better player over the long haul.

I've been saying Brian was a cocky douche bag since the show began, that said he probably has the most experience competing in tournament golf along with Hiroshi.

Based on play during the show josh and hiroshi definetely deserved to be in the finale. Was a bit disappointed with the way Hiroshi played but at the same time impressed by how Josh was able to come back from a rocky start.

Finale will be good, regardless.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

I would have proffered to see Josh and Hiroshi go at it in the finale. I feel like they were the two most consistent players through out the entire series. I don't mind Brian, but I would have rather Rosh.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I didn't like Brian all that much, but he was solid last night. You could really see his tournament experience come into play. He was great off the tee and didn't hit any really bad shots. I was stunned by Hiroshi's inconsistency last night. He seems like he has the most game of all of them, but didn't come through. I still think the fact that he made it so far without being in elimination challenges may have hurt him by not exposing him to as much pressure as the other guys.

I'm pulling for Josh, but if Brian plays like he did yesterday, it will be tough.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I think Hiroshi was playing injured, something about a strained back. I'm putting my money on Brian, could care less about his personality, (it is TV). I bet he smokes Josh in less than 14 holes in the finale.

In the bag:
Driver-Cleveland HiBore XLS Tour 10.5s
Hybrids-Adams Pro Gold
Irons-Srixon I-701Tour PX6.0
Wedges-Srixon WG 50*/56*Putter-Rife BarbadosBalls-Bridgestone B330S

You may be right about Josh getting smoked. It is almost the classic David and Goliath thang. Josh is definitely the under dog, and deep down I hope he wins, but Brian is gonna be hard to beat... I was suprised about Hiroshi, and they did mention his back was hurting (how does that happen, the day before the BIG break Semi's). I thought Hiroshi had the most "polish", but, I just don't like that long putter. That's the only bad thing I could say about the guy.... The finale will be exciting.......

Brian said Hiroshi hurt his back the morning of. I'm pretty sure that is the root cause of why he lost. He is easily the best golfer on that show, the best thing about him is that he didn't blame his back for losing. I hope Brian loses, he's way too cocky. I think Josh is almost as good when he is playing well, besides Brian was talking about how he goes for every flag he can. That could become a real issue. Who knows though, anything can happen.

Brian said Hiroshi hurt his back the morning of. I'm pretty sure that is the root cause of why he lost. He is easily the best golfer on that show, the best thing about him is that he didn't blame his back for losing. I hope Brian loses, he's way too cocky. I think Josh is almost as good when he is playing well, besides Brian was talking about how he goes for every flag he can. That could become a real issue. Who knows though, anything can happen.

I agree on every point.

Nobody watching this one?

I must admit I'm not a big break fan...I wish the golf channel would show more of the "academy shows".

I love watching Jim Mclean break down the swings of legends like Jack Nicklaus and Lee Trevino...great stuff!! --John

they are both great golfers but i think brians putter is alot better, he also hits EVERY fairway. josh has the skill's but not the experience, boy he has a beautiful swing.

whats in my bag
r7 425 v2 x flex
ss 2.5 stiff
:KZG-forged evolution project x 6.5
cg12 52,56900 form forged 60 bettanardi co3 33.75"pro v1

I really liked Hiroshi and was suprised how un-clutch he was.
But the long putter?!? C'mon.

L4Vx Diamana Red
Burner 15° R
#5 3DX DC
Raptures 4-U Wedge z-z65 Shafts
SM Oil Can Vokey 56° Black Series i #1 b330

We talked about this on the course today in Myrtle (watching last night's episode was brought up before a tough tee shot).

The main "laughing" point we briefly discussed on the teebox...was their 500+ yard Par 5, from an elevated tee, into a small fairway, at high elevation and thin air, where the rocks will give you a 60 wedge shot in.

None of us had that shot in today. But we shared a moment and wished Hiroshi, Gerry, and Tattoed-Dude from Canada were there to guide us.

LOL

I'm rootin' for the skinny dude from nowhere. The fat Canadian with the shaved head is cocky and thinks he's tough. Golf ain't a game of toughness. Kinda why I wished Gerry (ex-bodybuilder/old guy) would've kicked his freakin' ass.

I too was surprised on Hiroshi's execution. I guess he didn't get a good enough back massage before the semi final.

I'm rooting for Josh. He seems to have a great attitude, and is a pleasant guy. I agree, Brian is cocky, but he definitely backed his confident attitude with a fantastic mistake free round. His putting game is strong as well, and I think he nailed every fairway off the tee.

Note: This thread is 3729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!