IGNORED

Mid-Atlantic Outing (April 9, 10 2016)

Note: This thread is 2866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On Saturday - High of 45 degrees rain/snow mix - NW 25 mph winds - And I'm assuming the high will be around 3 pm.  So at 12 it will be a couple of degrees colder, I'll play golf just about anytime, but the weather is not looking very good..  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's certainly not going to be the best possible day for golf, and I would certainly understand if anyone chooses to back out.  We'll definitely have other chances to play together.  However, I know a lot of you have made plans around this weekend, so I'll be ready to play on Saturday, long underwear, wool hat, and winter gloves if necessary.  It won't be the first day this season that I've played while the snow falls.

Please keep in touch if your plans change, or even if they don't.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I'm not going to lie, the weather is much colder than I typically golf in. That being said, I already booked the room and it will be nice to get out of town for the weekend so I'm still coming out unless most people decide to back out.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Looks a bit nippy, what with the wind and the rain.  But my son and I will be there are we walking or riding?  It looks like you have to cross some streets, so it seems to be more of a riding course.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

25 minutes ago, davechen said:

Looks a bit nippy, what with the wind and the rain.  But my son and I will be there are we walking or riding?  It looks like you have to cross some streets, so it seems to be more of a riding course.

I think the cart is included in the price (it is at Springfield), if we are playing.  I would suggest we ride.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Anyone have one of those handy little golf cart heaters? If so, I'm riding with you!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

40 minutes ago, davechen said:

As @jsgolfer said, the cart is included in the guest fee.  What he didn't say is that we're going up and down some pretty significant hills, and its one of the toughest walking courses I know, so I'd never recommend that someone walk for their first time here.  We'll be in carts.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

Just now, DaveP043 said:

As @jsgolfer said, the cart is included in the guest fee.  What he didn't say is that we're going up and down some pretty significant hills, and its one of the toughest walking courses I know, so I'd never recommend that someone walk for their first time here.  We'll be in carts.

Yes, to walk this course you would need to be a mountain goat.  ;-)

-Jerry

Hey, my wife walks it all the time, are you calling her an old goat??

Dave

Just now, DaveP043 said:

Hey, my wife walks it all the time, are you calling her an old goat??

LOL - Yes Greatest of All-Time (Goat)

-Jerry

1 minute ago, jsgolfer said:

LOL - Yes Greatest of All-Time (Goat)

After 31 years of marriage, I definitely won't disagree with that one.

Dave

3 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

After 31 years of marriage, I definitely won't disagree with that one.

:beer:

-Jerry

18 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

That's fine.  I walk most of the time, but I'm not fanatical about it.  If it's better to ride, I will.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

The weather is a built-in excuse for my terrible shots! My finger healed so I can't use that as an excuse. So thanks, Mother Nature for the bailout! I'll be there. 

Dave- what time you think we should arrive to hit some balls, putt a bit, and of course, introduce ourselves. Definitely not a day to pull up right before tee time! 11 too early?

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I'm planning to be there around 11.  In fact, if you want to stop by my house we can drive out together, or caravan style, whatever you choose.  @GolfLug was my roommate at the Newport Cup, so I've invited him to stay with me for the weekend, and we'll be heading out together. @Jeremie Boop is staying a few minutes away too, off of Coppermine Road, and would be welcome to join the parade.  If my wife lets me borrow her car, I think we can fit 4 players with bags.

Dave

Hey guys, it sucks to say this but I'm going to bow out.  Our spring schedule is jammed with mid-FY reviews, so the reality is I'm only going to get one or two golf days between now and mid-May.  With everything weighing on this one (weather, daughter's ballet, finger still not fully healed), I'm not sure the juice is worth it for this one.

Sorry.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm planning to be there around 11.  In fact, if you want to stop by my house we can drive out together, or caravan style, whatever you choose.  @GolfLug was my roommate at the Newport Cup, so I've invited him to stay with me for the weekend, and we'll be heading out together. @Jeremie Boop is staying a few minutes away too, off of Coppermine Road, and would be welcome to join the parade.  If my wife lets me borrow her car, I think we can fit 4 players with bags.

Sounds great! I'll swing by your place. I've got a Odyssey dad-van with the back row folded down. Seats 4 easily, with tons of room in back for all of our golf bags, in case your wife needs her car. Glad to drive, if needed, and I've got a EZ-Pass to zip on out the Greenway. 10:15?

1 hour ago, k-troop said:

Hey guys, it sucks to say this but I'm going to bow out.  Our spring schedule is jammed with mid-FY reviews, so the reality is I'm only going to get one or two golf days between now and mid-May.  With everything weighing on this one (weather, daughter's ballet, finger still not fully healed), I'm not sure the juice is worth it for this one.

Sorry.

Sorry to hear, but totally understandable!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Tee times 11 am and 11:10 for Sunday.

@k-troop if you want to play Sunday we still have room.

-Jerry

Note: This thread is 2866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!