IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

CNN more biased than FOX - now that's laughable.  FOX is a 24 hour op-ed.  Don't get me wrong, CNN has a left bias, but nowhere near to the degree of FOX's right bias.

Every time I see a quote like this, I can be assured the individual does not watch Fox News.  Simply untrue.  Fox's news division is probably the best and most credible in all of TV.  They have more conservative analysts than the other networks, sure but their hard news is unbiased and highly respected.  They're the only major media outlet that tries to hold the government accountable, which is the media's responsibility.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Every time I see a quote like this, I can be assured the individual does not watch Fox News.  Simply untrue.  Fox's news division is probably the best and most credible in all of TV.  They have more conservative analysts than the other networks, sure but their hard news is unbiased and highly respected.  They're the only major media outlet that tries to hold the government accountable, which is the media's responsibility.

oy... vey.

Every time I watch Fox for a few minutes, it's time to surf again. It is the way they present the news, what news they present, the priorities, the inferences, the negative tones, the attitude, along with the blurred lines between news and commentary that has earned them their black mark.

Still, I can see how you would think your judgment is valid, because it is from your POV.

And Trump is still at 23%. It is how he says it, not what he says, and certainly not any of his "solutions." This gives an opening to the Bernie Sanders and Joe Bidens -- plain talkers...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Regrettably I seem to watch more FOX than I'd like.  It's on the tube often where I live.  I'm more of an NPR guy personally.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

oy... vey.

Every time I watch Fox for a few minutes, it's time to surf again. It is the way they present the news, what news they present, the priorities, the inferences, the negative tones, the attitude, along with the blurred lines between news and commentary that has earned them their black mark.

Precisely - especially the last part in bold.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to detect their agenda instantly.  Many on the right wing like to justify their FOX preference by trying to argue that it's a credible, unbiased news source.  Why bother?  Why are you seeking my validation/approval? We like to watch/listen to outlets that align with our world views - own it.

Regrettably I seem to watch more FOX than I'd like.  It's on the tube often where I live.  I'm more of an NPR guy personally.  Precisely - especially the last part in bold.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to detect their agenda instantly.  Many on the right wing like to justify their FOX preference by trying to argue that it's a credible, unbiased news source.  Why bother?  Why are you seeking my validation/approval? We like to watch/listen to outlets that align with our world views - own it.

I'm not gonna argue the point, you guys have been living in your echo chambers so long that anything challenging that message is instantly villified. The left counts on this echo chamber: network news, papers, TV, movies, music. Obama and Gruber were not talking about me when they referred to the stupidity of the American people that would carry Obamacare across the finish line. We knew what a disaster it would be (and has become) because we had other sources of information to enlighten us. All of those sources the left is trying to either shut down or marginalize.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I'm not gonna argue the point, you guys have been living in your echo chambers so long that anything challenging that message is instantly villified. The left counts on this echo chamber: network news, papers, TV, movies, music.

Obama and Gruber were not talking about me when they referred to the stupidity of the American people that would carry Obamacare across the finish line. We knew what a disaster it would be (and has become) because we had other sources of information to enlighten us. All of those sources the left is trying to either shut down or marginalize.

Great evidence of your own echo chamber.

All depends on your POV.

I attempt to look at issues instead of labels. Labels get in the way of solutions. In fact, I am almost certain that if we sat in a bar discussing issues, that we would find much common ground, or alternative solutions. Tough doing that on the web.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Great evidence of your own echo chamber. All depends on your POV. I attempt to look at issues instead of labels. Labels get in the way of solutions. In fact, I am almost certain that if we sat in a bar discussing issues, that we would find much common ground, or alternative solutions. Tough doing that on the web.

My point is that one cannot live in an echo chamber as a conservative because virtually all media has a liberal bent. We got country music (I listen to rap), Clint Eastwood, Rush Limbaugh and Fox News.

My point is that one cannot live in an echo chamber as a conservative because virtually all media has a liberal bent. We got country music (I listen to rap), Clint Eastwood, Rush Limbaugh and Fox News.

You lost me at "virtually all".

With the advent of the internet ...

And it all depends on your POV.

Amazing the number of people who do not agree with the NYT opinions, and who read the NYT. I see their comments frequently.

But if all you do is Fox News, Limbaugh, or MSNBC, I think one would not have a  hold on reality.

And in Donald Trump news, Iowa must be an angry place, and I thought OK was angry.

Donald Trump is the strong front-runner in a new CNN/ORC poll , displacing the longtime leader in the GOP race in Iowa, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, whose numbers have seen a dramatic decline.

Despite all the criticism heaped on Trump , the armor-plated reality TV star claims 22% support from Iowans who say they plan to vote in the Republican caucuses on Feb. 1.

Likely GOP caucusgoers believe Trump would be the best in the Republican field to handle the economy, illegal immigration and terrorism, the poll shows.

Donald Trump (Scott Olson, Getty Images)

Donald Trump (Scott Olson, Getty Images)

The survey , taken Aug. 7-11, found retired brain surgeon Ben Carson in second place with 14%.

Donald Trump is the strong front-runner in a new CNN/ORC poll, displacing the longtime leader in the GOP race in Iowa, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, whose numbers have seen a dramatic decline.

Breakdown was, Trump had about 30% support from men, and 10% from women.  30% of men?   Speaking of men, more specifically, I hear they are blue collar white men with less than college education.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Breakdown was, Trump had about 30% support from men, and 10% from women.  30% of men?   Speaking of men, more specifically, I hear they are blue collar white men with less than college education.

Good to hear, it means he's getting traditional Dem voters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

Good to hear, it means he's getting traditional Dem voters.

Hmm.  OTOH, he has definitely p****d of women voters who make up 53% of voting population.  Against Ms Clinton, that does not bode well.   Time to pick a women running mate.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Hmm.  OTOH, he has definitely p****d of women voters who make up 53% of voting population.  Against Ms Clinton, that does not bode well.   Time to pick a women running mate.

Ms Clinton will not be a factor, Obama not gonna let her run. Don't sleep on Kerry.

Ms Clinton will not be a factor, Obama not gonna let her run. Don't sleep on Kerry.

Mrs. Clinton will not be a factor because Bernie Sanders will have eclipsed her by the time the primaries are up, and Kerry and Biden are probably more credible non-uber-progressive Democrats in the long run. The progressives have jumped ship on Clinton, for good reason. If the term RINO (Republican in name only) exists, she should be a DINO (Democrat in name only). She's the reason Trump is in this race - a professional politician whose platform seems to sway the way the voters blow more than the others. This e-mail security thing is really looking bad for her as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

@Gunther, you los t me there.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Lol at this whole thread. Seriously? Donald Trump??? Hahahahaha. Sure, guys like Gunther will vote for him, but surely there can't be enough Gunthers in the country to actually get the buffoon elected? You would be the laughing stock of the entire world.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Mrs. Clinton will not be a factor because Bernie Sanders will have eclipsed her by the time the primaries are up, and Kerry and Biden are probably more credible non-uber-progressive Democrats in the long run. The progressives have jumped ship on Clinton, for good reason. If the term RINO (Republican in name only) exists, she should be a DINO (Democrat in name only). She's the reason Trump is in this race - a professional politician whose platform seems to sway the way the voters blow more than the others. This e-mail security thing is really looking bad for her as well.

Truth is, Republicans will roll in '16, whomever the nominee is. The 47% built-in Dem voters in this country are not going to be energized to vote for whichever old, rich, white person the Dems end up with, so turnout will be low. On the contrary, I like the diversity on our side (I do not think Trump wins the nomination). This should flip the turnout equation to our side, as typically happens in mid-terms, which will give us the election. Anyway, that's how I see it playing out, I also thought the Cowboys would win the Super Bowl last year.

Truth is, Republicans will roll in '16, whomever the nominee is.

The 47% built-in Dem voters in this country are not going to be energized to vote for whichever old, rich, white person the Dems end up with, so turnout will be low.

On the contrary, I like the diversity on our side (I do not think Trump wins the nomination). This should flip the turnout equation to our side, as typically happens in mid-terms, which will give us the election.

Anyway, that's how I see it playing out, I also thought the Cowboys would win the Super Bowl last year.

No comment on your prediction, but just a pet peeve in regards to your language:  This whole "us/them" thing really irritates me.  That is all.

Truth is, Republicans will roll in '16, whomever the nominee is. The 47% built-in Dem voters in this country are not going to be energized to vote for whichever old, rich, white person the Dems end up with, so turnout will be low. On the contrary, I like the diversity on our side (I do not think Trump wins the nomination). This should flip the turnout equation to our side, as typically happens in mid-terms, which will give us the election. Anyway, that's how I see it playing out, I also thought the Cowboys would win the Super Bowl last year.

Just curious, who are you supporting in the 2016 race?

Riley

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunther

Truth is, Republicans will roll in '16, whomever the nominee is.

The 47% built-in Dem voters in this country are not going to be energized to vote for whichever old, rich, white person the Dems end up with, so turnout will be low.

On the contrary, I like the diversity on our side (I do not think Trump wins the nomination). This should flip the turnout equation to our side, as typically happens in mid-terms, which will give us the election.

Anyway, that's how I see it playing out, I also thought the Cowboys would win the Super Bowl last year.

No comment on your prediction, but just a pet peeve in regards to your language:  This whole "us/them" thing really irritates me.  That is all.

2nd that.   It's bad enough that our reps are divided into two camps, can't agree on most things, and can't compromise unless a gun is pointed to their head.   No need to carry that in a tongue in cheek thread like this one  in a golf forum.   Let's stick to the topic of Trump's presidency chances instead of pushing party politics regardless of your loyalty to one.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!