IGNORED

Should the U.S. Open go Back to Chambers Bay?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should the U.S. Open go Back to Chambers Bay?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not sure that I would have the Open at Chambers Bay again or not. I think it was a cool venue overall, but it definitely had it's share of problems. I don't think that it was a good thing that so much of the course couldn't be accessed by spectators. However, I like that new courses are being used for the open instead of a rotation of the same ones over and over. This country has an abundance of great courses of all different styles and I think that our national championship should show off that variety.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

So I'd change my vote to; No, if you have to kill the course to play an event on it then it shouldn't be played there

If that's a recent photo, the course clearly wasn't killed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If that's a recent photo, the course clearly wasn't killed.

That was my thought too. Looks like they've started watering the fairways more and they've come back from dormancy.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

The real question is, should the US Open go back to Fox Sports? And the answer to that question is "no" (I know they have a huge contract, though, sadly)

Voted yes in the poll; couldn't have asked for a more exciting finish. Oosthuizen really lit it up the final three days; too bad he stunk it up on the first day.

-Rich

I voted yes because I thought the course was challenging enough to provide a real test for the Pros. Maybe a little tricked up to be a true links course, but still very entertaining for the viewer and tough for players used to point and shoot golf.

Admittedly the greens were not as smooth as typical PGA greens. Looked as if sheep and goats had been grazing thereon! :-P

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

I voted yes.  Say, in another 10 years or so, once the course is a little more seasoned, they can figure out how to improve fan accommodations, and above all get their greens figured out.  I didn't mind that the course was a little unconventional for US Open standards.  Enjoyed seeing the players be tested, and at the end of the tournament, the winner was just a few under par.  That's how it's supposed to be.

Particularly enjoyed watching the prime time East coast coverage - not FOX, but that's another can of worms.

Note: This thread is 3210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!