IGNORED

NEW PING iE1 Irons

Note: This thread is 3162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like the thinner top line. I like it has less offset. My primary concern is the ability to not hit the ball too high with these clubs. It will be interesting to see how they perform.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like the thinner top line. I like it has less offset. My primary concern is the ability to not hit the ball too high with these clubs. It will be interesting to see how they perform.

Couldn't you combat a higher ball flight with a stiffer heavier shaft? I think you said you don't like DG shafts, but IDK what other option they offer unless you went full custom and had someone put in KBS shafts.

I really need to make it to January 1st without ordering any more golf stuff. Wedding and Christmas between now and then....

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Couldn't you combat a higher ball flight with a stiffer heavier shaft? I think you said you don't like DG shafts, but IDK what other option they offer unless you went full custom and had someone put in KBS shafts.

I really need to make it to January 1st without ordering any more golf stuff. Wedding and Christmas between now and then....

I would have to see. Project X 6.0 or 6.5 might be a good option.

I would probably get 4 iron to PW. Even with KBS upgrade it's still sub $1000 for the set.

I just took the nFlight Web custom fitting on Ping. If I opted for the full set of Ping they recommend this.

Driver: G30 LS Tec (10.5), Tour 80 Stiff, 45.75" (I would probably get fitted for a 44.5 to 45" shaft)

3-Wood: G30, Tour 80 Stiff, Standard Length

Irons (4-PW): Ping i, Yellow Dot, CFS Distance X-Stiff, Standard Length

Wedges: Glide, Yellow Dot, CFS Wedge, Standard Length

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I would have to see. Project X 6.0 or 6.5 might be a good option.

I would probably get 4 iron to PW. Even with KBS upgrade it's still sub $1000 for the set.

I just took the nFlight Web custom fitting on Ping. If I opted for the full set of Ping they recommend this.

Driver: G30 LS Tec (10.5), Tour 80 Stiff, 45.75" (I would probably get fitted for a 44.5 to 45" shaft)

3-Wood: G30, Tour 80 Stiff, Standard Length

Irons (4-PW): Ping i, Yellow Dot, CFS Distance X-Stiff, Standard Length

Wedges: Glide, Yellow Dot, CFS Wedge, Standard Length

That's what I'm looking for. No way I'm spending much more on a set of irons.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

@mvmac really looking forward to seeing these in person next week. Been a Titleist guy for 7 years now but I'm not really a fan of the new irons and am looking for a tiny bit more forgiveness than my CB's offer.

Cool, these are in that category.

I think you'll like them, they seem easier to "flight" than the i25 irons.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I think you'll like them, they seem easier to "flight" than the i25 irons.

Good to hear. I do like how they look. I've always liked Ping overall.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I hit them last week with the TT 95's.  Very ,very soft feel.  Forged soft.  Great high trajectory and good dispersion.  Felt fantastic to me.  Very forgiving on toe hits.  Ping really did the homework on these.  Fantastic irons.  But sadly out of my budget.  I'll keep bangin the G20's for a while.  BTW the soft feel was with range rocks too!

Mark Shuman

Mark Shuman

That has me interested.

I guess the Nippon Pro might be the next best since KBS doesn't look to be a stock option. That or Project X. I do not like Dynamic Gold. The other's look to be the lightweight shaft options.

I just tried them out tonight with the CFS Distance stiff shaft I believe. It was really really nice. I think the only positive that could possibly come from my clubs being stolen is that I would never have tried these clubs.

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Note: This thread is 3162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!