IGNORED

2015 Greenbrier Classic Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A lot of guys had some bad breaks. If everyone's bad breaks turned into good breaks and everyone's lip outs went in, then Tiger would still be in the same position he's in....the middle of the pack. Just accept the fact he's playing better, but still has a lot of work to do.

I'm pretty sure that was my point.

Well that sucks for Robert Streb. Broke his putter on twelve, and is just one off the lead.

Didn't see it - my sympathy depends on how he broke his putter... Pretty sure he won't be getting that sympathy!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm pretty sure that was my point.

No, your point is it's about Tiger Woods and only Tiger Woods. In case you didn't notice, there are other guys playing, too....219 of them who are ranked better than him (well, maybe not all 219 playing this week).

Nothing against Tiger Woods because I'm rooting for him to return to form like everyone else, but I just get irked sometimes when people think he's the only one out there and no one else...or as if he gets bad breaks and everyone else gets good ones.

• Upvote 1

Well that sucks for Robert Streb. Broke his putter on twelve, and is just one off the lead.

Didn't see it - my sympathy depends on how he broke his putter... Pretty sure he won't be getting that sympathy!

Yes, how did Streb break his putter?

Yes, how did Streb break his putter?

They said he just nonchalantly tossed it towards his bag and it broke. Anyways, he's tied for the lead.

Riley

Sorry if this is a stupid question - but what's he putting with?

Sand/gap wedge.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Sand/gap wedge.

Made a couple of birdie putts too - quite impressive, really.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvmac

Sand/gap wedge.

Quite a story!! Streb broke his putter throwing it to his caddie on the 9th hole, I heard. On the back nine, he has birdied 4 holes without a putter and is tied for the lead.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Sorry if this is a stupid question - but what's he putting with?

Sand/gap wedge.

Yeah, I was a little confused with that at first. The commentators said he was using a 52* wedge. Then others were saying his sand wedge. My sand wedge is 56* At any rate it sure not a putter.

And illustrates how relatively easy putting is ;-)

Yeah, I was a little confused with that at first. The commentators said he was using a 52* wedge. Then others were saying his sand wedge. My sand wedge is 56* At any rate it sure not a putter.

He just said it was a 56.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

And illustrates how relatively easy putting is

You'd be amazed how hard I make it look...

If I'm Streb, I don't know that I put the putter back in the bag for the playoff.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!