IGNORED

2015 John Deere Classic Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mr. Lee thought that "lift, clean and place" was still in effect today, but it is not, and he picked up the ball on the fairway after marking it, but didn't clean it.  All he could do was laugh it off after (while crying inside of course).

Who the frick is Tom Gillis?

He's a grumpy old man. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/golf/2015/01/22/pga-tours-tom-gillis-refuses-tone-twitter/22194783/

Riley

He's a grumpy old man. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/golf/2015/01/22/pga-tours-tom-gillis-refuses-tone-twitter/22194783/

I suddenly kinda like the guy... You are a bit of a nonconformist too, aren't you @RJH999 ?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I missed that. I hope it worked. I am sure some of them were told about the berating or watched a recording to hear themselves. I am not sure how you can come out of the deal being proud of that.

Yeah, it was after a bababooe and simultaneously Kostis just kinda groaned while Nantz said very sarcastically "Ooh, how original pal." Perhaps enough of that and they'll sheepishly go away. On the other hand, they're already such nimrods that they might be thinking it's cool to get acknowledged on tv regardless if it's an acknowledgement of dumbassery.

This is not good hustle, Tom Gillis.

I didn't see the kiss but I don't care for pda regardless. My mental picture isn't very appetizing... I could care less and he has every right to kiss his boyfriend and old man Tom has the right to add enemies to his twitter account as well I guess.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Why does Speith gets a pass for his awful attitude?! He is always slamming clubs, angrily swinging his putter and yelling at bad shots. "God I hate this tee shot" etc... It's the main reason I don't like him. Still a whiny little brat IMO.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Why does Speith gets a pass for his awful attitude?! He is always slamming clubs, angrily swinging his putter and yelling at bad shots. "God I hate this tee shot" etc... It's the main reason I don't like him. Still a whiny little brat IMO.

Because he's only 21. Tiger was doing it at 21 and getting a pass too, as was Rory. Tiger wasn't when he got in his 30s, though, and still doing it. Why people like Spieth is his off the course attitude....he's very mature and respectful. The fact he acts the way on the course is why I personally like him. Would you rather him be like Stewart Cink or Chad Campbell on the course? Giive me a pillow. I want a guy who shows some emotion and gets mad at bad shots and excited on good ones.

Because he's only 21. Tiger was doing it at 21 and getting a pass too, as was Rory. Tiger wasn't when he got in his 30s, though, and still doing it. Why people like Spieth is his off the course attitude....he's very mature and respectful. The fact he acts the way on the course is why I personally like him. Would you rather him be like Stewart Cink or Chad Campbell on the course? Giive me a pillow. I want a guy who shows some emotion and gets mad at bad shots and excited on good ones.

I think it's hypocritical and his true colors come out on the course. He is only polite as an act when he can compose himself.

Tony  

I think it's hypocritical and his true colors come out on the course. He is only polite as an act when he can compose himself.

I disagree. I volunteeered this year at Valspar and had a few run ins with him and people who know him and everyone says he is all class.

I disagree. I volunteeered this year at Valspar and had a few run ins with him and people who know him and everyone says he is all class.

Maybe but I still think he acts like a spoiled brat when something goes wrong. If he was all class he wouldn't act like that.

Tony  

Maybe but I still think he acts like a spoiled brat when something goes wrong. If he was all class he wouldn't act like that.

So I'm assuming you didn't like Rory or Tiger when they were 21 either? Because they acted the exact same way.

So I'm assuming you didn't like Rory or Tiger when they were 21 either? Because they acted the exact same way.

It's more the persona of him being a super mature polite kid. It's simply not true when you watch him golf. Class comes out in all situations, not rehearsed answers.

Tony  

Wow. An act? You're right he should be stone face when he hits a bad shot in such a high pressure enviroment. You sound like grumpy old grandpa waving his cane right now "these young whippersnappers with their attitudes!"

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Any one else notice that there has been very little "get in the holes" and "Bababooeys" ... Nice pleasant midwest golf...

Just a random air cannon that probably cost Zach Johnson a few hundred thousand dollars. And with the chip-in on 16, I'm currently convinced that Jordan Speith is the greatest golfer that ever lived. Well, maybe not--but I think he's going to win this one.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Note: This thread is 3210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!