IGNORED

Greatest Offense Ever ?

Fried Egg
Note: This thread is 5992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. The Patriots have the greatest offense if NFL history.

• Yes
    • No

Life long Bills fan...I wanted someone on the Pats to break Losman's Leg...This guy sucks so bad...second coming of Rob Johnson.

a ha ha haa.. i tried to pull for Losman (i'm from Louisiana and he went to Tulane), but he hasn't done much.. ever really. good luck with Rob. Oh, and back to the original thread: greatest offense ever - 07 New England Patriots. The super bowl this year will set big records.. for points. (think dallas & new england.. whoa). I thought my Saints would FINALLY be there this year but once again i'm left with

in the Ogio Grom stand bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9°
Wood: Taylormade V Steel 15°
Hybrid: Callaway x series 24°
Irons: Taylormade r7 4-SWWedge: Mizuno MP T 58° Putter: Taylormade Rossa Modena 8Ball: TopFlite D2 Feel & recycled Titleist Pro V1x's

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i was modest several weeks ago but im not holding back any more, this is without a shadow of a doubt the best, most lethal offense in NFL history. It blows my mind how well brady is playing, and moss is simply uncover able. the only problem that could turn this offense from a 40ppg team to say a 35ppg team is the run blocking/health of the backs. i thought the bills would play them though...boy was i wrong.

Well, if I were you I would put it out there too! Last night Madden even evoked the great name of Marino in complimenting Brady! Looking at him facing the Bills. . . sheesh--there is no way that Brady can be stopped if he can stand in the pocket and look down all his receivers like that. What an O-LINE!

You gotta call it like it is, even if it isn't my beloved Colts If the Pats stay healthy, they are gonna make some historical marks this season that may stand for a long LONG time. HOWEVER, the Dec 3 MNF game at the Ravens, with the Steelers 6 days later will be challenging both because of the teams and the schedule fatigue. There is lots of season left . . . injury happens, ask the folks in INDY. Part of me wants to see the Pats get beat, but HECK that happened last year in the AFC championships , why not see em shut Shula's face and break all the records?? It would be great to see!

• Administrator
It blows my mind how well brady is playing, and moss is simply uncover able.

Until Brady gets hurt going for fourth downs when up by five touchdowns. The guys on Around the Horn said it best on Monday: Brady, Belichick, and the Pats are now BAD for the NFL. They're rude, arrogant, and need a smack upside the head. Teams are going to look to deliver that smack with increasing fervor from here on out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Moss is quite simply the most gifted skill-position player in the history of the game.

Say what? Bob Hayes, Bo Jackson, Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders, Lance Alworth, Herschel Walker, not to mention Jerry Rice. Moss has speed length and can jump. But yards after catch (not a good open field runner), drops (so so hands), lack of strength (lousy blocker) all keep him from winning that title. I don't even think he is one of the top five skill position players currently in the game. Maybe if you only count wide receivers. Actually if I had my pick Kellon Winslow (Senior) before he destroyed his Knee was probably the most gifted player I have ever seen. Big, fast, quick feet, great hands, incredible balance and body control.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Moss is quite simply the most gifted skill-position player in the history of the game.

I think that KIDDEREK may be right in saying "skill position" and not wide receiver. Moss has the easy speed and height to be best CURRENT receiver, but historically against the great receivers. . . I don't know if he has enough seasons left in him. Moss and Welker are a LETHAL combination. IACAS has a good point too- How stupid/hilarious would it be for Brady or Moss to go down injured in the 4th quarter with the Pats up by three touchdowns? If you Pats fans think the offense would still be as potent without Moss, or even close, I got news for ya. . . Wayne is great on the Colts, but without the double Wideout threat that Harrison provided, things just aren't the same.

allin: What about Paul Warfield? Best hands I ever saw! Bob Griese was so,so, but his team was loooaaaadddeeeddd with talent on the offensive side!
You had me there for a sec, but Bo Jackson...great players need to have a long career. You also forgot Walter Payton!! My vote for greatest ever!

The think that impresses me about the Pats, they do not care what anyone thinks. They use all the negative stuff as motivation....coach has a huge ego! I think Brady is the key & I never understand why he's in there so late in the game.

Brady has the great passing touch only a few others have had. I know the receivers are open, but ask Rex Grossman how hard the touch pass is to complete! I played High School QB, I loved to throw the long pass or the out pass, but the back out of the back field or the timing pattern was always much harder to complete....Brady is a master at both! Give him the MVP now...MVP should go to the guy who's team cannot live without him! Brady gets my vote there!

How many would like to now change there vote as greatest offense every? I voted right the first time YES!

"Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and shank it, hit into all the traps and miss every green. The next day you go out and , for no reason at all, you really stink." -- Bob Hope

Driver:TM 09 Burner
3 & 5 Wood: Callaway BB War Bird
Irons: TM R7 3-PWWedges:Maxfli...

Say what? Bob Hayes, Bo Jackson, Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders, Lance Alworth, Herschel Walker, not to mention Jerry Rice. Moss has speed length and can jump. But yards after catch (not a good open field runner), drops (so so hands), lack of strength (lousy blocker) all keep him from winning that title. I don't even think he is one of the top five skill position players currently in the game. Maybe if you only count wide receivers. Actually if I had my pick Kellon Winslow (Senior) before he destroyed his Knee was probably the most gifted player I have ever seen. Big, fast, quick feet, great hands, incredible balance and body control.

Nothing like a blanket statement to get the thread roaring. =P

If it wasn't clearer earlier, let me amend my statement to Randy Moss is the most physically gifted (God-given talent, whatever you want to call it) to play a skill position in the history of football.

I think that KIDDEREK may be right in saying "skill position" and not wide receiver. Moss has the easy speed and height to be best CURRENT receiver, but historically against the great receivers. . . I don't know if he has enough seasons left in him.

I'm not measuring production. I think Jerry Rice's records will probably go untouched for a while. I'm talking natural born skills, not what it produces.

One has to wonder what more Marino could have accomplished if he had had a decent defense. And if Manning had a Moss, what would his numbers be. Brady's undeniable great, but he should be kissing Moss's feet, not to mention the offensive line.

Actually, it should be the other way around. Where would Moss be w/o Brady? Brady only won 3 SB's w/o Moss.

Actually great organization. Look at teams after 1950 with great runs. Cleveland, NY Giants, Dallas, Pittsburg, Miami, Green Bay, SF 49ers. All had periods when organization had everything top down. GM, Coach, Lots of good to great palyers. Thats what makes football special. In USA the other main team sports basketball, and to a lesser extent baseball allow you to win with 1 or 2 great players and a bunch of average ones. Football really doesn't allow that.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

You're right, they have the whole package, plus some great players ='s superbowl champs. I can't help pulling for Manning, though, he has such spirit and passion. Brady leaves me cold. But, cool and calm under pressure will win games. Just not as much fun to watch. Speaking of fun to watch, go Tebow!

One has to wonder what more Marino could have accomplished if he had had a decent defense. And if Manning had a Moss, what would his numbers be. Brady's undeniable great, but he should be kissing Moss's feet, not to mention the offensive line.

umm correct me if im wrong but until this year it was brady who had the no name receivers. That Marvin Harrison guy was pretty damn good for Peyton, and Reggie Wayne isnt exactly a scrub. Bradys receivers have never been even close to peytons, now they are, and we are seeing the numbers Brady can put up with star wideouts. Peyton's had that luxury every year of his career. Not downplaying Peyton's achievements, i just think its wrong to say that peyton doesn't have a great receiving core.

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

umm correct me if im wrong but until this year it was brady who had the no name receivers. That Marvin Harrison guy was pretty damn good for Peyton, and Reggie Wayne isnt exactly a scrub. Bradys receivers have never been even close to peytons, now they are, and we are seeing the numbers Brady can put up with star wideouts. Peyton's had that luxury every year of his career. Not downplaying Peyton's achievements, i just think its wrong to say that peyton doesn't have a great receiving core.

yes, harrison and wayne are great. That's why Manning holds the touchdown passes in one season record. . . for now. . .

yes, harrison and wayne are great. That's why Manning holds the touchdown passes in one season record. . . for now. . .

spot on g-funk, Peyton is a

great QB regardless, but his WR's make him a Superstar. Brady is just now beginning to reap the benefits of a supporting cast who EQUAL him in talent, he is no longer picking up the slack for 5'10 receivers who cant catch or stretch the defense cough reche caldwell. On another note i really hope the colts can get healthy, i despise them with a genuine passion, but it would be a shame if they fell apart due to injuries. I think everyone can agree that the Colts Pats rivalry is a very very good thing for the NFL and for viewers around America.

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

Note: This thread is 5992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!