Sign in to follow this  
ClayB

Hi, I'm Clay Ballard, Instructor

28 posts / 52198 viewsLast Reply

Thanks for the introduction! -- Just sent you a PM so as to introduce myself further and so I don't spam up your welcome thread. :)

Good to hear from you. I just responded. Play well!!

OMG, what an honor to have this guy signed up as a member of TST!  I would recommend his videos on YouTube, he has hundreds on there, high quality information and production, a gifted teacher.  IMO, and for my state of the game, his videos have added missing pieces to my golf swing, especially the release and shaft lean, those videos are life changing for me.  I've spent many hours watching his videos, and didn't know he was signed up as a member.  Wow. 

Of all the guys on YouTube, considering his incredible body of work, his series the road to 125 Club head speed, his videos on the release and shaft lean, his ability to articulate accurately complex information, I'd put him in the top 5 instructors on the planet.  For free.  On YouTube.  Right now.  I've watched Foley, Clements, Mike Bennet, Ledbetter, McClain, on and on, Ballard has had more positive effect on my golf swing than all the others combined by a factor of 20.    Others I consider in his league are Monte Schienblum and Mike Malaska. 

Mr. Ballard, if you still get emails or messages from this site, I PM ed you, and would love to hear back from you on this site or just a PM.  I was wondering if you are any relation to Jimmy, and was wondering how in general your teaching ...business?  is going, and what are your future plans. 

Thanks

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I do not think @ClayB is still here.-The posts are from 2015.

I would not sleep on the guy who owns this site either.-Or @mvmac if he was still an instructor.

Including Monte in your list is a serious flaw.-He is half of an idiot savant and not the latter part.

Hi Clay. Love your videos. You give great advice. I am currently studying your video about getting the club stuck behind your body. So obvious why it happens once you explained it. Thanks! Manana I will practice keeping my right shoulder from popping up on my downswing.

One of my hobbies is watching golf instructional videos on YouTube. I must have seen certainly hundreds of them. I've seen yours and I like them very much. You do a very good job.  

Welcome Clay Ballard! I am a senior golfer, age 73, and I have suffered through a year of RA and joint issues in shoulders, wrists and hands. Much better now, thankfully, but still there esp. hands and wrists.

We seniors are a bit neglected in instruction. I have found several of your YouTube videos helpful as I have worked within restrictions in my swing and made needed equipment changes for the enjoyment of golf. Very good to have you here! Best, -Marv

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Guys, he hasn't logged on to promote himself since 2016.

My gullibility knows no bounds!🙄 -Marv

I just want to say that Clay Ballard is the best online teacher I've ever had. Through the years, I've watched literally 100s of hours from hundreds of teachers. I came across Clay Ballard and started watching his videos. For me, he's the perfect teacher. He's the only one I really watch or listen to any more. I just wanted to vouch for him as a teacher and his teaching style and that for me, it's great.