IGNORED

Who will be the first player under 30 to ascend to superstar status?

themasteroncbs
Note: This thread is 5985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mahan has a real chance, and I'm sure he's under 30. Also, Rory McIlroy (sp?) is a serious threat. Those are my two picks.
Ping G10 9° driver
Taylormade Burner 3-wood
Taylormade Rescue 16°
Taylormade Rac OS 5-PW
Ping G2 3-4Titleist Vokey SM54.14, SM60.08Odyssey Marxman putterTitleist Pro-V1 balls

Adam Scott's already there.

I don't think Scott's there until he wins a major. He's still got a lot to prove in my opinion. He's certainly got loads of potential and an impressive resume so far for someone his age.

Adam Scott's already there.

Scott's not quite there yet. Like I said, he is a star. Not a superstar. When I think of superstars, I think of Tiger, Lefty, Goosen, Els, etc. I wouldn't quite put Scott in that group of elite players yet. As soon as we wins a major i think he will be though.

Hi-Bore XLS Tour Driver
Steelhead III: 3 Wood
Bobby Jones Jesse Ortiz Hybrid
i3+: 3-9 Irons
Vokey Black Nickel: PW, 52, 56, 60 Bettinardi A-02 Putter NXT Tour

Scott's not quite there yet. Like I said, he is a star. Not a superstar. When I think of superstars, I think of Tiger, Lefty, Goosen, Els, etc. I wouldn't quite put Scott in that group of elite players yet. As soon as we wins a major i think he will be though.

I agree with you on that point. I think Scott will get on that list of elites sooner rather than later.

I was thinking about Sergio Garcia, Adam Scott, Rory McIllroy and Brandt Snedeker, though I dont know if Snedeker is over 30, I still think he can be a top player

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

Sounds like an interesting topic to discuss, half the other topics annoy me how people are comparing players to tiger woods and it gets boring especially when people say phil mickelson can challenge tiger, im sorry but tiger is in a league of his own! anyways back to the subject..... i havent heard anyone mention jason day from the nationwide tour, hes only 19 and finished 5th on the nationwide tour money list this year with 7 top 10's and a win in 19 events... hes australian but i think he could be the next big bang and possibly anthony kim at 22, jason day has got 10-11 years to make it! as far as americans go, id like to think that lucas glover and bubba watson are the next big guns under 30 but they are like late 20's now and i like hunter mahans performances this year! But my guess is going to be jason day

Bubba Watson

In the Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910d3 9.5* Stiff Projext X-7A3 Rescue: Taylor Made Burner TP 20* X-stiff 3 Iron: Titleist AP2 Projext X Rifle Irons: Titleist 710mb NS PRO 105T Stiff Wedges Cleveland CG12 60* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56.07 Cleveland CG14 52* Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio 2.5 (2008) Ball: Titleist Pro-V1

Would it be wrong to assume that players like Sergio Garcia, Adam Scott, Justin Rose etc (the list goes on....and on) have already reached super star status with their wealth, popularity and increased publicity always on the rise?

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Would it be wrong to assume that players like Sergio Garcia, Adam Scott, Justin Rose etc (the list goes on....and on) have already reached super star status with their wealth, popularity and increased publicity always on the rise?

When I first posted I was asking who would reach the same status with likes of Tiger, Phil, Ernie, and Vijay. Garcia and Scott are just about there but I think they have to win major gold to be considered a superstar, they're big stars already nonetheless but I don't consider them in the same breath as the big four at this point. In my mind to be considered a superstar you need to have piled up a lot of wins!

• 2 weeks later...
When I first posted I was asking who would reach the same status with likes of Tiger, Phil, Ernie, and Vijay. Garcia and Scott are just about there but I think they have to win major gold to be considered a superstar, they're big stars already nonetheless but I don't consider them in the same breath as the big four at this point. In my mind to be considered a superstar you need to have piled up a lot of wins!

Same status as those 4? Measured by wins and majors?

Nobody currently under 30 will reach their level. I think Tiger will have a lot to do with that on the Major front. The competition on the Tour in general will only allow someone 1-2 wins per season unless you are Tiger or Phil. You say Scott and Garcia are almost there. How many wins and majors do they have? Personality (good or bad) and great swings do not get you to the level of those 4 you mentioned IMO.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Same status as those 4? Measured by wins and majors?

Scott and Garcia haven't even reached their primes yet. I think what they've achieved so far is pretty impressive considering the strength of the field's these days. Like I said they've still got a ways to go. We'll be seeing their names on leaderboards for at least another 15 years for sure.

Scott and Garcia haven't even reached their primes yet. I think what they've achieved so far is pretty impressive considering the strength of the field's these days. Like I said they've still got a ways to go. We'll be seeing their names on leaderboards for at least another 15 years for sure.

The original question said in the next 3 years so I say 'Nobody'.

I wouldn't bet against Scott reaching that status after 15 years...likely sooner. Garcia? I don't think it's gonna happen. I think he'll quit the game within 7-10 years. He already almost quit once. The guy's got money, women, etc. I don't think golf will keep his attention. If he doesn't win a major soon, he'll be gone. Unless he gets married, then all bets are off.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

I think Justin Rose has a good chance. I think he just made #1 on Eurpean Tour order of Merit at age (27?) and soesnt really blow away any tournaments like a lot of the other younger guys out there
In My Bag:
Driver: r580XD R flex
3 Wood: Mac Burrows 13*
Irons: Apex 2 iron
Irons: Edge 3-E ('89-92)Wedge: rac TP Satin 56*12Wedge: rac TP Black 60*06Putter: CER Milled CP03 (GolfWorks custom head)Ball: Pro V1 or any other found premimum ball

I think Justin Rose has a good chance. I think he just made #1 on Eurpean Tour order of Merit at age (27?) and soesnt really blow away any tournaments like a lot of the other younger guys out there

Age 27; 30 July 1980.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rory McIlroy has got a great shot at it, though as he is only 18, maybe not in the next 3 years... give him 5.

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Note: This thread is 5985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!