IGNORED

Paging Mike Boatright

Phil McGleno
Note: This thread is 3134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@Mike Boatright Mike-You have made a lot of posts here on the site since joining but actually talked about things very little.

On September 23, 2015 at 0:36 AM, Mike Boatright said:

This is the worst possible thing you could do a common mis conception.

There is a good example. What part of the post did you disagree with? And why? You seem to:

• Respond in my swing threads to the first post ignoring years of work.
  • Claim to be in instructor.
  • Fail to actually respond when someone quotes and responds to you.
  • Only post drive by commentary that is just generally really awful.

This is a discussion forum and it is run by people who know the golf swing really well and you are not even discussing things with them-you just stop in read the first post do not quote anything so nobody has an idea what you are responding to and then you spout your weird typically really horrible advice. So what gives? What is your golf swing philosophy and why are you treating this site as a drive by target? Do you think you know everything already? I have been teaching this game for decades and I do not. Nor do the two gents who run the place. Oh and if you are so knowledgeable why this?

• Upvote 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@Mike Boatright.

Oh and if you are so knowledgeable why this? http://thesandtrap.com/t/84589/hey-guys-how-do-i-stop-a-toe-hook-with-my-driver

You probably could have just made this a private message sort of thing instead of calling him out in the golf instruction thread.

If you had an issue with this post in the other thread then point him to an existing thread that corrects him. Like Mike and I did.

yet instead you call him out to do what? Make an example of him? Honestly this is just an immature and tacky move on a forum. If you have a personal beef with him then keep it to the private message function. Honestly this post has neither anything to do with actual instruction and more to do with your dislike for his comments.

I would probably suggest a moderate close this thread before it gets out of hand with this petty combative intent instead of actual golf instruction help that this part of the forum is suppose to be about.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

You probably could have just made this a private message sort of thing instead of calling him out in the golf instruction thread. If you had an issue with this post in the other thread then point him to an existing thread that corrects him. Like Mike and I did.  yet instead you call him out to do what? Make an example of him? Honestly this is just an immature and tacky move on a forum. If you have a personal beef with him then keep it to the private message function. Honestly this post has neither anything to do with actual instruction and more to do with your dislike for his comments.  I would probably suggest a moderate close this thread before it gets out of hand with this petty combative intent instead of actual golf instruction help that this part of the forum is suppose to be about.

Uhmmmmm-Because he does not respond to responses to his posts. Many people have tried. He just keeps driving by and leaving his nuggets in various threads. I want to know what he is about and get him to talk and respond. Do not assume-I messaged Mike Erik about this thread.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I want to know what he is about and get him to talk and respond.

Do not assume-I messaged Mike Erik about this thread.

Right and thanks for that.

We'll leave this thread up for now. Maybe it will catch his eye and he can provide some answers. We encourage participation and discussion but the discussion is one-sided and he's been basically semi-spamming the instruction threads with either incorrect or extremely vague information. He also doesn't take into consideration what the golfer is currently working or the advice that has been given.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

You probably could have just made this a private message sort of thing instead of calling him out in the golf instruction thread.

If you had an issue with this post in the other thread then point him to an existing thread that corrects him. Like Mike and I did.

yet instead you call him out to do what? Make an example of him? Honestly this is just an immature and tacky move on a forum. If you have a personal beef with him then keep it to the private message function. Honestly this post has neither anything to do with actual instruction and more to do with your dislike for his comments.

I would probably suggest a moderate close this thread before it gets out of hand with this petty combative intent instead of actual golf instruction help that this part of the forum is suppose to be about.

I'm with @Phil McGleno on this one. I don't think there's anything wrong with it being an "open letter" approach in this instance. @Mike Boatright has been fairly vocal in the instruction and people's swing threads so he's opened himself up to direct query, especially given his tendency to disregard any responses to his posts. Normally I'd agree with @saevel25 with regards to the PM route, but again, in this case @Mike Boatright has opened himself up to it, IMHO.

So what gives Mike? Inquiring minds want to know....

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Phil McGleno is the greatest swing coach ever.

How dare anyone provide swing advice, other than Phil McGleno (he's the best).

Mike Boatright deserves to be admonished for sharing his thoughts on an open, public forum.  Perhaps Mike Boatright should pen a formal letter of apology seeking forgiveness for his heinous act.

Phil McGleno is the greatest swing coach ever. How dare anyone provide swing advice, other than Phil McGleno (he's the best). Mike Boatright deserves to be admonished for sharing his thoughts on an open, public forum.  Perhaps Mike Boatright should pen a formal letter of apology seeking forgiveness for his heinous act.

Stupid post. I am not saying anything about my instruction-I am asking someone else who is offering drive-by instruction without any sort of discussion. This kind of stuff needs to stop-It pisses me off when people get bad advice because they might just follow it. And he has not responded to any of my PMs.

Phil McGleno is the greatest swing coach ever.

How dare anyone provide swing advice, other than Phil McGleno (he's the best).

Mike Boatright deserves to be admonished for sharing his thoughts on an open, public forum.  Perhaps Mike Boatright should pen a formal letter of apology seeking forgiveness for his heinous act.

1. Click on his name here @Mike Boatright

2. Look at post history and read through threads to see the context, particularly the replies quoting him.

3. Notice he only replies to comments when he is asking for advice on his swing but not in any other discussion.

4. Come back and post an INFORMED opinion if you elect do so.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I love golf that's why I post relevant information from what I know about the game I never claimed to be a pga tour golf instructor obviously your threatened by me Phil Mcgleno just psych 101. I know one thing is true in life that translates everywhere you go and it's that fact that there is always going to be a hater someone who is jealous of someone else's ability,knowledge or disposition. I'm new to this site so I guess I haven't figured out how to see any responses? If there were some I'd respond to em all. I'm going to keep posting and adding my thoughts and opinions followed by factual information and ideas to help other members out in their game or golf equipment questions. Your just Going to have to Deal with it Phil grow up! I don't spam or add copyrighted photos I link valid you tube videos and photos to help members with their swing good day sir..

To answer the second part of your question I do sometimes get the just of someones question and add my 2 cents or just analyze their swing video because that's what they asked. My swing philosophy is bases upon the basic fundamentals of the game with a few minor tweaks against the norm of golf instruction. Phil Mickleson,Ernie els Rickie Fowler all get lessons from time to time they have been playing all their life yet still need help from time to time of course im going to ask questions in fact im posting my swing for some feedback tonight it's fun.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/35576/help-how-to-move-swing-bottom-forward   I provided in depth answer to this guy's problems with Bobby Clampetts impact zone technique. He was struggling with it so I gave him my 2 cent's which was more than enough if you can read. Don't ever do anything Like this again Phil got it bud I'm really just trying to help people on here I think it's fun im not spamming and if you can't read my run on sentences then go to another forum or just leave me alone!

@Mike Boatright

Mike-You have made a lot of posts here on the site since joining but actually talked about things very little.

There is a good example.

What part of the post did you disagree with? And why?

You seem to:

Respond in my swing threads to the first post ignoring years of work.

Claim to be in instructor.

Fail to actually respond when someone quotes and responds to you.

Only post drive by commentary that is just generally really awful.

This is a discussion forum and it is run by people who know the golf swing really well and you are not even discussing things with them-you just stop in read the first post do not quote anything so nobody has an idea what you are responding to and then you spout your weird typically really horrible advice.

So what gives? What is your golf swing philosophy and why are you treating this site as a drive by target? Do you think you know everything already? I have been teaching this game for decades and I do not. Nor do the two gents who run the place.

Oh and if you are so knowledgeable why this? http://thesandtrap.com/t/84589/hey-guys-how-do-i-stop-a-toe-hook-with-my-driver

The first post is the thread starter I have no reason to read 9 pages of everyone else s opinions on the thread starters original question that would take all day. A good example would be why do I slice the ball with a few videos. I see what I see then add my response im not going to go into others people's answers that would not make any sense.

The first post is the thread starter I have no reason to read 9 pages of everyone else s opinions on the thread starters original question that would take all day. A good example would be why do I slice the ball with a few videos. I see what I see then add my response im not going to go into others people's answers that would not make any sense.

This might seem like a reasonable thing to do for an OP that is asking opinions and such, but some swing threads are started years ago and the OP might be working on completely different stuff by the time you post. In such a situation, it would be better to go through the entire thread or at least enough of it to understand where the golfer is current to your posts before offering any advice.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

http://thesandtrap.com/t/35576/help-how-to-move-swing-bottom-forward   I provided in depth answer to this guy's problems with Bobby Clampetts impact zone technique. He was struggling with it so I gave him my 2 cent's which was more than enough if you can read. Don't ever do anything Like this again Phil got it bud I'm really just trying to help people on here I think it's fun im not spamming and if you can't read my run on sentences then go to another forum or just leave me alone!

I strongly disagree, these would be examples of in-depth analyses. The differences should be obvious. Notice how there is an actual analysis, the advice is specific to the player's swing and their priorities.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/72433/my-swing-nosevi#post_1178418

http://thesandtrap.com/t/60622/my-swing-golfingdad/540#post_1202954

I see what I see then add my response im not going to go into others people's answers that would not make any sense.

Well that's disrespectful to the member and to those that have tried to help them. Posting something like "Hey so-and-so, see Jason Day here? Do this. Problem solved", isn't actually helpful.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

This might seem like a reasonable thing to do for an OP that is asking opinions and such, but some swing threads are started years ago and the OP might be working on completely different stuff by the time you post. In such a situation, it would be better to go through the entire thread or at least enough of it to understand where the golfer is current to your posts before offering any advice.

Well I looked at the thread starter it said 5 hours ago or one day ago I get that good point.

I strongly disagree, these would be examples of in-depth analyses. The differences should be obvious. Notice how there is an actual analysis, the advice is specific to the player's swing and their priorities.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/72433/my-swing-nosevi#post_1178418

http://thesandtrap.com/t/60622/my-swing-golfingdad/540#post_1202954

Well that's disrespectful to the member and to those that have tried to help them. Posting something like "Hey so-and-so, see Jason Day here? Do this. Problem solved", isn't actually helpful.

Yeah ok makes sense still a nice swing :)

I'm with @Phil McGleno on this one. I don't think there's anything wrong with it being an "open letter" approach in this instance. @Mike Boatright has been fairly vocal in the instruction and people's swing threads so he's opened himself up to direct query, especially given his tendency to disregard any responses to his posts. Normally I'd agree with @saevel25 with regards to the PM route, but again, in this case @Mike Boatright has opened himself up to it, IMHO.

So what gives Mike? Inquiring minds want to know....

I'm not afraid to be myself that's what gives plus I didn't know I was getting responses. Im just trying to help people all of my responses have adressed their main question and are from basic golf fundamentals I wanna know hat gives actually?

Note: This thread is 3134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!