IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

My first post here. I shot an 87 off the back tees at our local course. I was pretty proud of it. I haven't played since 2000. I had a 46 on the front and a 41 on the back which is a little harder. I was on pace to shoot a 39 on the back and snap hooked a 3 iron in the water on my second shot on the last hole and doubled it. The biggest thing i noticed in my 8 year layoff was the changes in equipment.

i shot a 45 for nine holes yesterday. pretty good for me

In my bag:
r7 Driver 9.5*
3 and 7 wood
3dx Hybrid 17*
3-PW DCI 990 irons 56* Hooter SW CG10 60* Wedge White Hot XG 2 Ball Putter Pro V-1

shot a 45 only thanks too some great wedge save shots. This was with a 9 on a par 5... someday I will learn to play smart and be good.

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

79.. had four lip-outs on the back nine, two were for birdie... It hurts man, lip-outs are painful. Only hit driver twice on the back, which really helped me keep it in the short stuff. Maybe I can beat my score 2marow.

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

38 for nine (36.1/109). 2 bogeys, 7 pars....ho hum. One 3 jack from 60 feet, one missed green from 140 yards, one up & down for par, 6 GIR 2 putts. Never made anything outside 5 feet. Missed 3 birdie putts inside 12 feet. If it sounds like I think I should have shot 35 or so.....you're right :).

But...what a great 1 1/2 hours with my 3 year old son that was with me the whole way...can't think of a better playing partner.

What's in my bag:
Driver: 905R 10.5* Stiff
Fairway wood: 904F 19* Stiff
3-PW: AP2 1* flat with Project X 6.0 shafts
GW: 52*SW: Vokey 56* LW: Vokey 60*Putter: Tri-ballBall: ProV1 (preferred) or PD Super Soft (when I'm feeling cheap)

A day late, but on Sunday I shot a 111, I am pretty happy with it considering its only my 10th time out or so, I've only been playing since April!

Had a fantastic round last night, shot a 87 on a small 66 links course, really doing well on my irons right now and all around approach - if I could get my driving sorted out, I would be over the moon.

Last night I hit about 2 fairways from 14 drives so I was delighted with my scrambling from the rough.

This game really is nuts, last year I couldn't hit a Iron to save myself and now this summer I have struggled with my Driver bigtime.

An aweful 48 with 2 triples and a double on the front.

Whopping 37 on the back. Once I got the wedges on the green, it was money.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

Yesterday I not only broke 100 for the first time, but nearly broke 90! I shot a 91. Oh so close to a 90 as well. I needed a par on the last hole (par 4), dropped my wedge within 4 feet and missed the putt Granted, two holes (a par 4 and par 5) were being renovated and were both playing as par 3's so the course was playing par 68 instead of 71, but the way I was going on the longer holes (got my first par on a par 5 ), I would have shot mid 90's or so had the course been playing normally.

I usually don't post my score here (a bit embarrased i suppose because of the many of you who shoot in the 70's), but I am thrilled with my 91.

Yesterday I not only broke 100 for the first time, but nearly broke 90! I shot a 91. Oh so close to a 90 as well. I needed a par on the last hole (par 4), dropped my wedge within 4 feet and missed the putt

Congrats. It's always cool to reach new plateaus in this game.

I played yesterday in our Monday night league play. Shot a 41 during our league round. Nothing special, 5 bogies and 4 pars. But on the back nine after league play was over, my partner and I decide to play from the tips (nearly 7,000 yards). I had 3 pars and 1 bogey - only got to play 4 holes due to slow play in front of us. The bogey was a disappointing 3 putt and one of the pars was nearly a birdie. I love this game.

In my bag:

Driver: r7 460 9.5° Stiff
3 Wood: r7 Draw
5 Wood: r7 Draw Irons 4-AW: r7 CGB Wedge: rac Satin 54° Wedge: rac Satin 60° Putter: Daytona Sport 1 34" Ball: DT solo or NXT

• Administrator
74 at a par 70 course named Yankee Run . It was in pretty good shape but the greens were slow and I over-read the break all day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yesterday I not only broke 100 for the first time, but nearly broke 90! I shot a 91. Oh so close to a 90 as well. I needed a par on the last hole (par 4), dropped my wedge within 4 feet and missed the putt

Congratulations on the great score. It's amazing when one of your goals come into place and I only broke 100 early this year but remember how great it felt, although I am no scratch golfer. I am working hard on my golf and currently updating my handicap at the moment but will get it sitting at 28 right now incase my next few rounds are nightmare 110s or so

For me breaking 100 was a real mental break through, I remember I once scored a 102 and it was all down to a triple bogey on a par 3 but it fired me on. It's always amazing to make your goals Hope your continue to enjoy your golf.

Really frustrated with myself today.

Played a round today and shot a 110, but it should have been under 100, had it not been for four bad holes. Two holes on the front nine really killed me and I shot a 57. Back nine I started off playing great golf. I was pounding drives right now the center of the fairway for the first 4 holes. Best work off the tee ever for me. No slices, just straight, long drives. My iron play was excellent all day, minus a little accuracy trouble. Wasn't topping anything, just a few pushes and pulls. Then, two holes ruined a perfectly good looking 9, by my standards. Lost two balls on the 15th and that really killed me. Pulled a drive on 16, recovered decently, would have been on in 3, but I thinned a PW and put another ball in the woods, making it three balls lost in two holes. Then I didn't play well on the next hole which was a par three. Took a 5 there, so not exactly great.

Not sure what went wrong, but beating myself over it.

Coming ever so close to breaking 100 with a 103 today. Hit 7 of 14 fairways, which I have never even come close to doing before. One blow up hole and really bad 40-60 yard shots cost me the sub 100 today. My 15 year-old TaylorMade 3W treated me very well today.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*, Aldila NV Stiff
Fairway Wood: System 2 Midsize 3W
Hybrid: Idea Boxer a3Irons: Bomber Steel Plus 3: 4-PW (Callaway Clone)Wedges: 588 Tour Action BeCu 53* Gap/56* SandPutter: Karsten Anser 2 34"Balls: Back to the drawing board, experimenting with Gamers,...

85 in a tournament today. 40/45. I was kind of disappointed, made just one par on the back nine. I couldn't hit any GIR, and then couldn't get up and down, which I usually do 3 or 4 times per side. I'm not sure what it was, I couldn't read the 5 footers today. Usually I'm great at them. Oh well. Still a decent round I guess.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I went out early yesterday and shot a 77. That's my third-consecutive round in the 70s which is pretty neat for me.

I started out by shooting a 42 on the front. I wasn't expecting much heading to the back side, but I ended going lower than I ever have for nine holes. I shot a 35 (one under) on the back side, including birdies at 10, 13, and 14. I hit the ball very well, and it felt pretty good.

I've definitely learned to keep my head up after a shaky hole or nine. That's probably one of the main differences this year other than actually playing more. In the past, I'd let a bad hole or two drag me down for the round. That hasn't been the case this year with the exception of a round or two here and there.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades